Rotel Owner's Thread - Page 46 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

post #1351 of 1352 Old 04-13-2015, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Dear Rotel friends,

I´ve been a big fan of Rotel sound quality for a while. My first Rotel product was an RSP-1068 (which I still have it in a box) and I still use a RSP-1098, with RMB-1075 & RB-1080 combo. As sources I use a 400 BD magazine from Sony (CX960), an Oppo BDP-83SE and an old Crestron ADMS-BR.

During all this years I found ways to keep using my beloved silver 1098, times passed and I bought an DVDO VP50Pro to work as a scaller and HDMI switch...

All connected to a pair of CM8, CM1 and CMC2.

Now, time has passed.. And it is time for me to upgrade again...

I was offered a RSX-1562 for an awesome price, and I would like use it as a pre-pro...

I have a few questions:

1- Sound & Video quality does it matches the RSP-1098 and DVDO VP50Pro or is is beter?

2- I have read several posts indicating that there is a lag bug in the HDMI, I can cope with this, but.. Is there any other serious bug affecting the RSX-1562?

3- Is the RSX-1562 good enough so I can finally let my 1098 and the VP50Pro go?

Thank you very much!

Listening is the best experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1352 Old Today, 06:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I am looking at power amps for the Monitor Audio Gold speakers I am getting.

I was looking at Anthem until I came across various rotel query threads and found that the RB-1582 MK II is rated at 200wpc at 0.03THD wheras the anthems quoted power is at 1% meaning the real power figure is possibly closer to 150wpc.

I would be starting with this amp to give me more power in stereo listening, whilst also feeing up more for the other speakers (until I add anothet 5 channel amp).

I would then be purchasing the RB-1555 or the RB-1585.

I am looking towards a 2+5 channel amp configuration because many 7 channel receivers only give around 100-120wpc...which despite being better for surround applications leaves me with less power than I currently have for stereo listebing with my yamaha rx-v3071 (150wpc 2channels driven, 0.08%THD into 8 ohms ).

I know that 120wpc for the surrounds is plenty ( in fact it is their rated rms input ) but the centre channel is rated the same as the fronts at 200watt rms.

Would the lower power for the centre channel be insufficient and/or is the lack of balanced inputs enough to make the 1585 significantly better or a requirement for my use?

I will be running 7.2 and will have the largest floorstanders, centre and surrounds in the series.

Last edited by dchalfont; Today at 06:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Rotel , Rotel Rsx 1562 , Rotel Rsx 1550 Home Theater Receiver , Rotel Rsp 976 Surround Sound Preamplifier Processor