Rotel Owner's Thread - Page 58 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 81Likes

post #1711 of 1730 Old 02-18-2017, 02:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 125
The RB-1590 is also a better sounding amplifier than the RB-1582MKII. The extra power is icing on the cake.

Regards,

Patrick Butler
B&W Group North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomanz View Post
Hi tanman..so in your opinion it would be worth it to go with the RB-1590 for the extra headroom. More power is better is that what I'm reading? Thanks for your comment.

audiomanz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1712 of 1730 Old 02-19-2017, 06:00 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Butler View Post
The RB-1590 is also a better sounding amplifier than the RB-1582MKII. The extra power is icing on the cake.

Regards,

Patrick Butler
B&W Group North America
Thanks Patrick. So thats two votes for the RB-1590 based on sound quality and headroom. The extra power seems to be a moot point and I'm getting the notion that more power can never ever hurt your system.

audiomanz
post #1713 of 1730 Old 02-19-2017, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Thanks Patrick. So thats two votes for the RB-1590 based on sound quality and headroom. The extra power seems to be a moot point and I'm getting the notion that more power can never ever hurt your system.

audiomanz
I think you must have not watched "Home Improvement" the show. "More Power" was the motto in the show which most guys prefer. And in audio world it also improves the quality of the sound.

post #1714 of 1730 Old 02-19-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanman View Post
I think you must have not watched "Home Improvement" the show. "More Power" was the motto in the show which most guys prefer. And in audio world it also improves the quality of the sound.
Hi tanman..I get the guy thing in terms of more power is better for sure and no I must of missed that episode..haha!! I was in consideration of what my dealer was also stating that I wouldn't use all that power in a room of my size which is not huge by any stretch and he did have me thinking at that point so I appreciate his honesty. In the end, I know its my decision but it's nice to read those who have a setup with an RB 1590 or RB 1582 MKII as well. I do appreciate your comments for sure and your vote is getting an RB 1590.

So far RB 1590- 2 and RB 1582 MKII- 0. Thanks again.

audiomanz
post #1715 of 1730 Old 02-19-2017, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Hi tanman..I get the guy thing in terms of more power is better for sure and no I must of missed that episode..haha!! I was in consideration of what my dealer was also stating that I wouldn't use all that power in a room of my size which is not huge by any stretch and he did have me thinking at that point so I appreciate his honesty. In the end, I know its my decision but it's nice to read those who have a setup with an RB 1590 or RB 1582 MKII as well. I do appreciate your comments for sure and your vote is getting an RB 1590.

So far RB 1590- 2 and RB 1582 MKII- 0. Thanks again.

audiomanz
Maybe the question to ask is: Which Rotel amp would you choose to for your main left and right speakers? Would it be the RB 1590 or RB 1582 MKII as part of a 7.1 setup and why would you choose that specific amp?

audiomanz
post #1716 of 1730 Old 02-20-2017, 06:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonda View Post
So I've had the RMB-1585 in my system now for over a week. I was actually considering returning it as it sounded bright at times, overly bass heavy, and just difficult to listen to with some material. I even tried plugging it in directly from my OPPO player with XLR just to see if that would make a difference. I finally left it playing for a couple of days and ...wow this thing is amazing with 2 channel music. It's dynamic, the bass is fantastic and has texture, the presentation is very open with a huge soundstage, and most importantly to me it's very musical. I owned a Mcintosh MC207 a few years back and I don't remember the Mac sounding this good. This thing is a keeper.
You re not the first person I have heard that made the comment that a Rotel amp sounds better than a macintosh. The OP said that the mcintosh did not have the upper end which the Rotel had. The OP commented that when he was playing music he could not hear the crash of the drum cymbals but with the Rotel he could. I have been going back in forth if I want to switch out one of my Rotel class d five channel amps for a RMB-1585. I have a RMB 1575 and RMB 1565 for a 5.1.4 set up. I can't determine if it is my amps, my processor (Marantz 8802a) or TV broadcast or Blu Ray disc recording( same Blu ray sometimes sounds different). It seems that the same volume sounds different and if I turn off the processor and turn it back on it gets louder. it is probably in my head but you never know.
post #1717 of 1730 Old 02-20-2017, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Maybe the question to ask is: Which Rotel amp would you choose to for your main left and right speakers? Would it be the RB 1590 or RB 1582 MKII as part of a 7.1 setup and why would you choose that specific amp?

audiomanz
I think you have plenty of answers already and most people at these forums already have their minds made up on the gear. All they need is a few positive inputs and that's it. I personally have a RMB 1095 paired with Onkyo 805 which I purchased in 2007. I am also getting the upgrade bug like others in these forums. I plan on keeping the 1095 pairing it with either a Marantz or an Integra pre/pro and adding a another 2 channel amp like the 1590. These would power the MK S150's!
post #1718 of 1730 Old 02-20-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanman View Post
I think you have plenty of answers already and most people at these forums already have their minds made up on the gear. All they need is a few positive inputs and that's it. I personally have a RMB 1095 paired with Onkyo 805 which I purchased in 2007. I am also getting the upgrade bug like others in these forums. I plan on keeping the 1095 pairing it with either a Marantz or an Integra pre/pro and adding a another 2 channel amp like the 1590. These would power the MK S150's!
Thanks tanman for your comments and experience. Good to know that upgraditus is alive and well...haha..thought I was the only one on here..haha..anyways I'm still open to what forum members have to say and care to share their experiences as well with the amps I've mentioned above because forums like these are a great source of information and we can all benefit to some degree. At least here I get some responses as in my experiences some threads sit and sit for days, weeks and months and you start to wonder what is going on here..haha..so again thanks and any forum member care to share is welcome.

audiomanz
post #1719 of 1730 Old 02-23-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Thanks tanman for your comments and experience. Good to know that upgraditus is alive and well...haha..thought I was the only one on here..haha..anyways I'm still open to what forum members have to say and care to share their experiences as well with the amps I've mentioned above because forums like these are a great source of information and we can all benefit to some degree. At least here I get some responses as in my experiences some threads sit and sit for days, weeks and months and you start to wonder what is going on here..haha..so again thanks and any forum member care to share is welcome.

audiomanz
Hello all,

Just a quick update. It has been decided that based on some reviews read on the internet and some comments here its clear the winner for the amp for me is the RB 1590 2 channel amp. Will be a little bit yet before I pull the trigger but from what I read its built like a tank, rugged, and will power my CM10 S2's with ease and bring out the very best in them. As Patrick says "the extra power is the icing on the cake". I'm still interested though to what anyone using the RB 1590 in their home theatre system thinks about it and what you like most with the amp itself? What speakers are you using with your Rotel RB 1590 2 channel setup?

audiomanz

Last edited by audiomanz; 02-23-2017 at 08:03 PM.
post #1720 of 1730 Old 02-23-2017, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 18
post #1721 of 1730 Old 02-24-2017, 04:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Hopefully today Canada Post will drop off my package. My Rotel RMB1555 was suppose to be here yesterday. So much for 1day guarantee shipping. Lucky for shipper he gets his money back. Picked up a year old unit for $900CDN. Had a 1095 back in the day and it made my speakers shine then. Looking forward to the 1555 doing the same.
post #1722 of 1730 Old 02-25-2017, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin. W View Post
Hopefully today Canada Post will drop off my package. My Rotel RMB1555 was suppose to be here yesterday. So much for 1day guarantee shipping. Lucky for shipper he gets his money back. Picked up a year old unit for $900CDN. Had a 1095 back in the day and it made my speakers shine then. Looking forward to the 1555 doing the same.
Kevin, you should be happy with it. Good price, i just bought mine brand new a month ago paid just over $1500 cdn. (plus taxes). I am very happy with mine, just keeps sounding better the more I use it!
post #1723 of 1730 Old 02-28-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin. W View Post
Congrats Kevin. W. on your new purchase. Way to go. I'm loving my RMB 1585 and it sure has provided me much enjoyment in only a short time since I received it. I know you will have the same enjoyment as well. Cheers to you. Let There Be Rock!!

audiomanz
post #1724 of 1730 Old 03-10-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Hello all,

Just a quick update. It has been decided that based on some reviews read on the internet and some comments here its clear the winner for the amp for me is the RB 1590 2 channel amp. Will be a little bit yet before I pull the trigger but from what I read its built like a tank, rugged, and will power my CM10 S2's with ease and bring out the very best in them. As Patrick says "the extra power is the icing on the cake". I'm still interested though to what anyone using the RB 1590 in their home theatre system thinks about it and what you like most with the amp itself? What speakers are you using with your Rotel RB 1590 2 channel setup?

audiomanz
Hello all..another quick update. I have pulled the trigger tonight and ordered the Rotel RB 1590 2 channel power amp from my dealer. Should be here within a week or two but am happy that I now have a solid Class A/B stereo amp to drive my CM10 S2's with the extra headroom should I ever need it. Thanks to Patrick and tanman for their input as well. My next venture is to pick up 2 more surround speakers to complete my 7.2 home theatre setup. Again, I'm looking forward to receiving the RB 1590 power amp and cranking the tunes in pure bypass mode. I'm sure it will provide all I need for movies as well.

audiomanz
post #1725 of 1730 Old 03-14-2017, 09:41 PM

Hi all. Does anyone know if the RB 1572 Class D amp comes supplied with a 3.5 mm jack to plug into the 12V trigger out on the back of the amp? Thanks.

audiomanz.
post #1726 of 1730 Old 03-18-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Hi all. Does anyone know if the RB 1572 Class D amp comes supplied with a 3.5 mm jack to plug into the 12V trigger out on the back of the amp? Thanks.

audiomanz.
Disregard this email. Thanks all.

audiomanz.
post #1727 of 1730 Old 03-18-2017, 02:05 PM

Talking

Quote:
Hello all,

audiomanz
Quick update. Received my RB 1590 amp today and I echo the words of the Back in Black song in terms of Class A/B design.."Back in black, hit the sack" Its been too long I'm glad to be back"..hahaha..I must say the extra power like Patrick said is" the icing on the cake". Sounds awesome and the power really feeds my CM10 S2's with clarity, excellent bass, great control with excellent midrange and very smooth highs. I have it on bypass setting right now and it is more than enough. Will try movies soon but right now the tunes are the priority for me right now. Thanks again to tanman and Patrick for your responses. No regrets with this purchase whatsoever. Class A/B is for me and not going back to Class D ever again.

audiomanz.
tanman and Patrick Butler like this.
post #1728 of 1730 Old 03-23-2017, 07:50 PM

Any word yet on the RSP 1582 updates with HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0a? I'm waiting to get one where the updates are already installed at the factory and all I do is plug and play when I get it.

audiomanz
post #1729 of 1730 Old 04-01-2017, 12:24 AM

Hi all,

Bit of a scare tonight..lifted my foot up to lay down on my couch while watch a movie. My door to my cabinet was open exposing my RB 1590 and I accidentally knocked the cup that was half full of water from my coffee table onto my rug. It sprayed a bit and some water droplets landed on my RB 1590 amp, Left front speaker, audio cabinet, centre speaker, lcd tv and on top of my audio cabinet. It was just small droplets but first thing I checked was my power amp and there was a couple of droplets of water on the front and on the top of the amp. Wiped it away but was a little worried some may have went inside. Wiped it off my left front speaker as well and smaller droplets that went on my centre speaker and lcd tv. I figured that if enough water got inside my amp it would've fried something in there but everything was working ok and whew geez had me scared there for a moment. Tested everything and its all good. Got to be more careful in the future.

audiomanz
post #1730 of 1730 Old Today, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 8
I've seen a couple of places selling the rb-1590 and rmb-1585 amplifiers and stating they are discontinued. Is that true?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Rotel , Rotel Rsx 1562 , Rotel Rsx 1550 Home Theater Receiver , Rotel Rsp 976 Surround Sound Preamplifier Processor