TV audio to receiver? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-14-2007, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought the Pioneer VSX-1016. I would like to conect the audio from the TV to the receiver to give me stereo sound. I know this must be elementary, but I can not find any instructions on this in the manual. Any help is appreciated. Thank You.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-14-2007, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpapin1 View Post

I just bought the Pioneer VSX-1016. I would like to conect the audio from the TV to the receiver to give me stereo sound. I know this must be elementary, but I can not find any instructions on this in the manual. Any help is appreciated. Thank You.

Unless I'm missing something, all you do is just hook up an RCA audio cable(white/red plugs) from the "audio out" jacks on the back of the TV, and plug those into one of the inputs on the reciever. It probably has a set labeled "TV" anyway. If it's a new HDTV, then it probably has an optical output, so hook that up into an optical audio input of the reciever. Or if you use a cable box, hook the audio outputs of the cable box right into the reciever.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-14-2007, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Are you using cable/sat. connections to your tv? If so, I would by-pass the sound only to the tv. Connect the sound directly from the sat. box directly to the receiver.

I have Direct TV (sat.) and my sound does not go through the tv at all. It goes directly from the sat. box receiver to my AV receiver. This way, I do have to turn on my receiver if I want to listen to the tv. I can also watch tv this way and play cd's/radio if I want to (no tv sound) at the same time.

(not sure about cable setup, though)

Frank

Frank, "Still the one"
post #4 of 8 Old 01-14-2007, 08:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Yes, you only want to do this where the displays internal tuner is in use. Otherwise make an audio connection from each device.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-14-2007, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

No cable/satelite box. I only have cable from wall to TV. On my paricular receiver, there is not an obvious TV audio hook up. It must be called something else. I can not find anything on it in the instructions. I know this sounds basic. This is the first time I have used a receiver.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-14-2007, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

You can run red&white rca's from the set's audio out's to any rca in's on the receiver(except phono-if you have one), you can use vcr, cd, dvd, etc...., doesn't matter. If you don't have audio out on your set, then you'll have to use a VCR. Run the cable from the wall into the vcr then from the vcr to the set. Then, red&white out from vcr to in on the receiver. Select pro logic or pro-logic II for surround sound from stereo signal depending on what your receiver has.

If it only takes one match to start a forestfire, then why does it take the whole#$%@!&* box to start a camp fire for the kids?!?!? PITTDOG1
post #7 of 8 Old 01-14-2007, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Pittdog1. That answers the question.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-14-2007, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

You're very welcome.

If it only takes one match to start a forestfire, then why does it take the whole#$%@!&* box to start a camp fire for the kids?!?!? PITTDOG1
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page