I'm having a problem where my LCR speakers are all noticeably quieter than the surrounds, to the point that dialogue and other sounds appear to come from behind or beside me. Any suggestions? I could tweak the speaker settings but I feel like I'm doing something wrong.
Here are some details, I'm not sure what is relevant
- Denon 2809 Receiver running the default calibration + all speakers set to small
- Ran it twice with the same problem
- I used 8 positions as suggested in this thread with mic pointed up at ear level
- When I set it to Pure (Audyssey off) the problem goes away
- All the distance measurements appear correct
- It set most of my surrounds at around -2 and the LCR at about +1
- Fronts are Paradigm Studio 100s, surrounds are much smaller Paradigm Monitors
- My side surrounds are set back from the main listening position by about 2'
- The room is roughly 12'x22', and the main listening position is about 10' from the screen.