"Official" Audyssey thread (FAQ in post #51779) - Page 188 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5611 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
audyssey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

And if the LPF on LFE is above the crossover point, then the Audyssey correction filter(s) for the .1 channel will handle those newly re-routed bass frequencies as part of the channel?

- Jeff

Audyssey corrects the speaker-room interaction not the content. So, whatever is sent to the sub will be corrected by the sub filter and whatever is sent to the satellites will be corrected by the satellite filters.

Chris

Chris

Join me for Audyssey Tech Talk on Facebook
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.
Follow me @ChrisAudyssey on Twitter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.
audyssey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5612 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member
 
jazzbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 717
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the Denon 1909. When I run the auto set-up it sets my main speakers to small and crossover @40hz. It sets my sub @80hz. If I then manually change the main to 60hz and the sub to 120hz will I be losing any of the audyssey functions? Meaning do I need to keep it to the auto set-up settings for mutlieq and everything else to work properly. I don't really hear a difference when I make these changes.
jazzbass is offline  
post #5613 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Wireless member
 
pepar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Quintana Roo ... in my mind
Posts: 25,032
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by audyssey View Post

Audyssey corrects the speaker-room interaction not the content. So, whatever is sent to the sub will be corrected by the sub filter and whatever is sent to the satellites will be corrected by the satellite filters.

Chris

Which is why lowering the crossover point(s) doesn't affect Audyssey's performance, right?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- it's never done!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pepar is offline  
post #5614 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
jlaavenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North of Houston
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike greer View Post

Hi all - I have a 3808 Denon and I'm interested in the 'pro' kit. Would anyone that purchased one PM me how they managed to purchased the kit?

I'm willing to pay the bucks - even to have someone that's 'certified' come out the first time but as I change things I don't want to keep paying them to come back.

Thanks!


How much does the 'pro' kit run? You need this to have the MultEQ XT right?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jlaavenger is offline  
post #5615 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Gary J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: 4000' or sea level
Posts: 7,607
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

Which is why lowering the crossover point(s) doesn't affect Audyssey's performance, right?

I thought it makes it worse because resolution filters are higher with the sub?

Gary J
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gary J is offline  
post #5616 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Wireless member
 
pepar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Quintana Roo ... in my mind
Posts: 25,032
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

I thought it makes it worse because resolution filters are higher with the sub?

Higher resolution filters = Better . . . Nyet?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- it's never done!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pepar is offline  
post #5617 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 01:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
penngray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 26,779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I have been looking at the Denon 2809 and the Denon 2309 and it seems that the biggest difference is the Multi EQ TX vs Multi EQ.

Several have posted that there is a difference but really how much of a difference for a non-critical listener like myself??

It is not "open-minded" to reject knowledge - Bob Lee
penngray is offline  
post #5618 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Gary J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: 4000' or sea level
Posts: 7,607
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

Which is why lowering the crossover point(s) doesn't affect Audyssey's performance, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

Higher resolution filters = Better . . . Nyet?

I guess I do not understand you. Crossover point(s) higher = more frequency range to the sub = higher resolution filters = better performance. Right?

Gary J
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gary J is offline  
post #5619 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Wireless member
 
pepar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Quintana Roo ... in my mind
Posts: 25,032
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

I guess I do not understand you. Crossover point(s) higher = more frequency range to the sub = higher resolution filters = better performance. Right?

By setting a crossover on a main speaker that the Audyssey setup had as LARGE - ooops, Chris , that the manufacturer decided was LARGE based on Audyssey's testing - low frequency content that would have gone through the speaker with lesser resolution filters is now going through the subwoofer channel with its higher resolution filters. And the reason that there are higher resolution filters (read: narrower) on the sub channel is that IT NEEDS THEM to correct for room modes. Sending lower frequencies through the mains makes no sense to me for a lot of reasons.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- it's never done!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pepar is offline  
post #5620 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 03:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Kal Rubinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC + Connecticut
Posts: 28,456
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post

I have been looking at the Denon 2809 and the Denon 2309 and it seems that the biggest difference is the Multi EQ TX vs Multi EQ.

Several have posted that there is a difference but really how much of a difference for a non-critical listener like myself??

Depends on how uncritical you are and how good/bad the acoustics of your setup are.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kal Rubinson is offline  
post #5621 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 03:24 PM
 
ChrisWiggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 20,730
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post

Yes, I have separates throughout my house

Im currently testing DIY speakers with a DCX2496 but I spent some time reading info on the audyssey website and I read about this sound equalizer. I do not know if it handles active crossovers though.

It wouldn't care where or how the crossovers are handled, you'd just put the EQ at the pre-amp outputs, and then that'd go to your amp or to your crossovers and multiple amps.
ChrisWiggles is offline  
post #5622 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Newbie
 
Gallafatabarbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post

I have been looking at the Denon 2809 and the Denon 2309 and it seems that the biggest difference is the Multi EQ TX vs Multi EQ.

Several have posted that there is a difference but really how much of a difference for a non-critical listener like myself??

Dont forget, the 2809 has AL24, 2309 has not. I'd pay extra for that alone.
Gallafatabarbie is offline  
post #5623 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Gary J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: 4000' or sea level
Posts: 7,607
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

Which is why lowering the crossover point(s) doesn't affect Audyssey's performance, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

By setting a crossover on a main speaker that the Audyssey setup had as LARGE - ooops, Chris , that the manufacturer decided was LARGE based on Audyssey's testing - low frequency content that would have gone through the speaker with lesser resolution filters is now going through the subwoofer channel with its higher resolution filters. And the reason that there are higher resolution filters (read: narrower) on the sub channel is that IT NEEDS THEM to correct for room modes. Sending lower frequencies through the mains makes no sense to me for a lot of reasons.

Correct. So lowering the crossover point(s) does affect Audyssey's performance.

Gary J
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gary J is offline  
post #5624 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
streetsmart88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 725
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

My initial experience with it is: http://www.stereophile.com/musicinth...itr/index.html

I am currently writing up my experiences comparing it with Anthem's ARC and that will appear in the November issue.

Kal, this was a great article.

I believe my room has reasonable acoustic treatments. Based on your article, I should appreciate the Sound Equalizer even better. Nonetheless, have you ever done a comparison between the Sound Equalizer and MultEQ XT?

I guess that's the question foremost in my mind - if the incremental improvement over MultEQ XT is worth the SRP of the Sound Equalizer.

Thanks!

My Focal Utopia HT:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
streetsmart88 is offline  
post #5625 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 04:44 PM
 
ChrisWiggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 20,730
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

Correct. So lowering the crossover point(s) does affect Audyssey's performance.

It doesn't affect what audyssey's doing, it just affects what your system is doing.
ChrisWiggles is offline  
post #5626 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 04:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Kal Rubinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC + Connecticut
Posts: 28,456
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsmart88 View Post

Kal, this was a great article.

Thank you.

Quote:
I believe my room has reasonable acoustic treatments. Based on your article, I should appreciate the Sound Equalizer even better. Nonetheless, have you ever done a comparison between the Sound Equalizer and MultEQ XT?

I guess that's the question foremost in my mind - if the incremental improvement over MultEQ XT is worth the SRP of the Sound Equalizer.

I have not done that. It is low on my priority list since I expect that, if I own a MultEQ XT-equipped processor with AudysseyPro capability, that I would not be obsessing about any incremental advantage of the SEQ. I could be wrong.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kal Rubinson is offline  
post #5627 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Gary J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: 4000' or sea level
Posts: 7,607
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWiggles View Post

It doesn't affect what audyssey's doing, it just affects what your system is doing.

As my neice would say - whatever. I guess I consider Audyssey part of the system.

Gary J
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gary J is offline  
post #5628 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Bronco70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

Thank you.

I have not done that. It is low on my priority list since I expect that, if I own a MultEQ XT-equipped processor with AudysseyPro capability, that I would not be obsessing about any incremental advantage of the SEQ. I could be wrong.

And keeping the signal in the digital domain would be a plus, yes?

I need to get the pro kit. The urge to tweak is calling.

Joe
Bronco70 is online now  
post #5629 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Bronco70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

As my neice would say - whatever. I guess I consider Audyssey part of the system.

I consider it a big part
Bronco70 is online now  
post #5630 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
jazzbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 717
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzbass View Post

I have the Denon 1909. When I run the auto set-up it sets my main speakers to small and crossover @40hz. It sets my sub @80hz. If I then manually change the main to 60hz and the sub to 120hz will I be losing any of the audyssey functions like multieq? Meaning do I need to keep it to the auto set-up settings for mutlieq and everything else to work properly. I don't really hear a difference when I make these changes.

Anybody?
jazzbass is offline  
post #5631 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 07:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Kal Rubinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC + Connecticut
Posts: 28,456
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzbass View Post

I have the Denon 1909. When I run the auto set-up it sets my main speakers to small and crossover @40hz. It sets my sub @80hz. If I then manually change the main to 60hz and the sub to 120hz will I be losing any of the audyssey functions? Meaning do I need to keep it to the auto set-up settings for mutlieq and everything else to work properly. I don't really hear a difference when I make these changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzbass View Post

Anybody?

OK. If you can't hear a difference, why make the changes? In any case, you can raise the crossover frequency for the main speakers but I wouldn't raise the LPF for the sub.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kal Rubinson is offline  
post #5632 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
aaranddeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lover's State
Posts: 1,253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I ran Audyssey on my Denon 1909 and it set the speaker distance of 12.5 feet for my front LRs, however it set distance of 7.5 feet for the sub, that is sitting just next to the Front right speaker.
So I have two questions
1. What could be the reason for the drastic distance difference for the sub?
2. If I change it manually, would that affect anything or should I re-run Audyssey?
aaranddeeman is online now  
post #5633 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 08:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Kal Rubinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC + Connecticut
Posts: 28,456
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaranddeeman View Post

I ran Audyssey on my Denon 1909 and it set the speaker distance of 12.5 feet for my front LRs, however it set distance of 7.5 feet for the sub, that is sitting just next to the Front right speaker.
So I have two questions
1. What could be the reason for the drastic distance difference for the sub?
2. If I change it manually, would that affect anything or should I re-run Audyssey?

Strange. I have heard of getting much greater distance measurements for the sub but not shorter ones. I would run it again.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kal Rubinson is offline  
post #5634 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
jazzbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 717
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

OK. If you can't hear a difference, why make the changes? In any case, you can raise the crossover frequency for the main speakers but I wouldn't raise the LPF for the sub.

I changed it because it seems like it was suggested in this thread somewhere that the main L/R should be around 60hz-80hz and the subwoofer should be set around 120hz no matter what the auto audyssey set-up configures. Is this wrong? It's very possible that I didn't read this. I might be able to hear a difference if I really turned up the volume but at normal listening level, I couldn't really hear a difference. My main concern was that with the sub crossover set so low I was missing some LFE info and not getting the full effect. I like a lot of lows. Thanks very much for your help.
jazzbass is offline  
post #5635 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 08:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Kal Rubinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC + Connecticut
Posts: 28,456
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzbass View Post

I changed it because it seems like it was suggested in this thread somewhere that the main L/R should be around 60hz-80hz and the subwoofer should be set around 120hz no matter what the auto audyssey set-up configures. Is this wrong?

Like most generalities, yes.

Quote:


It's very possible that I didn't read this. I might be able to hear a difference if I really turned up the volume but at normal listening level, I couldn't really hear a difference. My main concern was that with the sub crossover set so low I was missing some LFE info and not getting the full effect. I like a lot of lows. Thanks very much for your help.

There ain't much in the upper LFE and Audyssey set it there for a reason. BTW, with a setting of 100Hz, there is still considerable output at 120Hz since the crossovers are not brickwalls but, rather, slopes.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kal Rubinson is offline  
post #5636 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
Darth Indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My fronts are capable of going down to 32 hz and the center as well. I know it's not recommended to leave settings at Full band for bass reasons as well as others but wouldn't it be fine if I left the double bass on function on so bass is sent to fronts as well as sub?
Darth Indy is offline  
post #5637 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Wireless member
 
pepar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Quintana Roo ... in my mind
Posts: 25,032
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

Correct. So lowering the crossover point(s) does affect Audyssey's performance.

I usually think of performance being "affected" as a negative thing, but yes setting a crossover on a LARGE speaker or lowering it if there is already a crossover does affect system performance - it makes it better.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- it's never done!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pepar is offline  
post #5638 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 08:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Kal Rubinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC + Connecticut
Posts: 28,456
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Indy View Post

My fronts are capable of going down to 32 hz and the center as well. I know it's not recommended to leave settings at Full band for bass reasons as well as others but wouldn't it be fine if I left the double bass on function on so bass is sent to fronts as well as sub?

Why? Do you need more bass? I have never appreciated the need for the 'double-bass' setting unless something in the system is inadequate.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kal Rubinson is offline  
post #5639 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Wireless member
 
pepar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Quintana Roo ... in my mind
Posts: 25,032
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Indy View Post

My fronts are capable of going down to 32 hz and the center as well. I know it's not recommended to leave settings at Full band for bass reasons as well as others but wouldn't it be fine if I left the double bass on function on so bass is sent to fronts as well as sub?

That sort of flies in the face of the "reasons" you alluded to. But I guess it is a personal decision about what you like to hear.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- it's never done!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pepar is offline  
post #5640 of 72388 Old 08-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
Darth Indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I asked because it was stated earlier that in running LARGE for fronts then some bass frequencies that are lower than your speaker is capable of producing is lost. I just thought that double bass would reroute those lower frequencies to my sub which goes into the low 20 hz's and they wouldn't be lost.
Darth Indy is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H
Gear in this thread - Kht1005 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off