post #71791 of 71792 Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wonderful View Post
Thanks for replying. I guess my actual question was, I'm not sure if my subwoofer has the direct LFE input?

Plug the subwoofer output on your AVR into the Left line-in input on the bottom of your sub. Turn the knob marked 'frequency' all the way to the right. Set the phase switch to 0. Set the power switch to ON (not Auto). Start with the volume control in the middle and adjust till you get 75dB on the first Audyssey test tone. Run Audyssey. Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #71792 of 71792 Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph3ng View Post
1. Everything is a-ok? Just to clarify my front 3 speakers have their own amps. The woofers have the sa-amp and the back 2 are driven by the Denon. With that in mind, you reckon that it's unsurprising that I'd need to pretty much max out the SA Amp?
2. Secondly, I would like to confirm that if I can run Audyssey with a dual sub setup? Or should I revert back to one? This is just based on your input (about me having 2 subs) and another helpful post before saying that perhaps in Audyssey's mind, I've only got one.
1. Hmm... Gallo's are very different in the way the woofer is setup, with dual voice-coils, one feeding off a passive network and the other available for the SA-amp. Without proper measurements it is guess work, trying to come up with the best solution. I would try to run them full range for music, and use them as small (110Hz to 200Hz crossover, by experimenting) on movies, but that is just my best guess.

2. Audyssey dual sub. You can, but there is no reason to. If they are equi-distant to your listening position, just use a Y-cable and run them as a single sub.

Source: HTPC
Pre: Marantz AV8801 + Pro Kit
PA: April Music Stello S200 (GD1 >130Hz), 2x ICEpower 1000ASP (GD1 <130Hz), 2x ICEpower ASP1000 (Subs), Marantz MM8077 (Rear+Center+Back)
Spkr: GD1 (Front), GDA125 (2xRear+1xBack), GDA Center (Center)
Subs: 4 towers, a total of 28 x 10" 25W ScanSpeak
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page