"Official" Audyssey thread (FAQ in post #51779) - Page 2398 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #71911 of 71915 Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 14
hey guys since i am upgrading i am going to give my current system to my brother.

its a denon 1712 plus andrew jones fs51s, c22 and bs22 set. also bic f12.

my question is when i run audyssey at his place. do i need to do a reset on the avr? or just run audyssey again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #71912 of 71915 Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisfc1972 View Post
hey guys since i am upgrading i am going to give my current system to my brother.

its a denon 1712 plus andrew jones fs51s, c22 and bs22 set. also bic f12.

my question is when i run audyssey at his place. do i need to do a reset on the avr? or just run audyssey again?
Not really necessary, but yes, to be on the safe side I would do a reset prior to running Audyssey at brother's place.
post #71913 of 71915 Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogorf View Post
Not really necessary, but yes, to be on the safe side I would do a reset prior to running Audyssey at brother's place.
thanks i will do a reset to be safe. i forgot to mention he has a new sony 4k tv.

will that 1712 work his 4k tv? i think the 1712 is pass through so if he connects a ps3 and blu ray player it will show 1080p correctly and satelite cable direct tv 1080i correctly? ive read using 1080p or 1080i sources will look blurry on a 4k tv. i tried to tell him not to buy a 4k tv so soon.

Last edited by Luisfc1972; Yesterday at 06:56 PM.
post #71914 of 71915 Old Today, 02:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogorf View Post
Not true. Speaker designers do not combat modes. It's not their job. It's your job and my job when we put the speaker in our particular rooms. Full stop.
I've explained it thoroughly. I'll leave you to it.
post #71915 of 71915 Old Today, 04:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post
The articles I linked to show very clearly that speaker designers can, and do, take room modes (which are caused by reflections of course) into account when designing certain designs. Those designs are designed with nulls which are intended to minimise those same reflections.
If something like this happens they are not designed for, they are mis-designed.

Quote:
This is very clear in the Linkwitz and hifizine articles. It isn't all that unusual - many designs are intended, for example, to be placed close to room boundaries: the designer knows that this is the likely placement for the speaker he is designing and he takes that into account when shaping the frequency response.
This is designing for the boundary gain, not room modes

Quote:
Googling Roy Alllison will yield further information on that. I have even owned open baffle speaker designs myself in the past, which again were specifically designed around real-world room factors.
Open baffle / dipole doesn't really work for low frequencies, or the baffle should be really large (and room is much much larger to be able to fit such speaker). So, in any practical circumstances open baffle is a controlled directivity design than avoids mid-high frequency reflections from the side walls, not a modal problem also.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page