AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgorZep View Post
These last two things have nothing to do with pumping, as they are both completely linear. However equalization (any, not just digital) reduces the total headroom of the system, and so if you do it too much you can over-drive the amps for example causing clipping (or gain compression) artifacts that can be perceived as pumping...

Dynamic EQ, on the other place do (purposely) compress dynamic range, so - it can cause pumping by itself. How perceivable it is to everyone I don't know, I've never felt it pumps (while Dynamic Volume pumping is terrifying) but it definitely 'colors' the sound to some extent. Still for me with DynEQ is better than without it. But I reduce surround levels a bit to avoid unnatural highlighting of it (in movies) and RLO (for other content).
Your description is the closest so far to what I experienced with Dynamic EQ; it sure colors the sound.

I have full respect for that "euphonic" preference type of sound by many. ...No problemo.
And I know very well what I hear and what I like and like not, when it comes to Audyssey Dynamic EQ, and Volume too. ...I prefer without; without any pumping effect.
And I let Audyssey MultEQ XT32 engaged @ roughly 75% of all times; always with movies, and sometimes with it disengaged for music listening (stereo and/or multichannel hi-res). ...It varies; from my various music sources, the number of channels active @ the time, the genre of music I am playing, and my mood of the moment (with different adjustments; like full range speakers @ front, and/or all around).

But Audyssey MultEQ XT32 is reason enough for me to switch from Integra to Marantz; no doubt about it.
I want Dolby Atmos and Dolby Surround too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72212 of 72215 Old Today, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post
There were a couple of Onkyo models which included XT32 without SubEQ (the dual subwoofer support). For details, see the PDF in this entry of the Audyssey FAQ: a)14. Which current AVRs have which version of Audyssey room correction?
The Onkyo TX-NR818 AV receiver for sure. ...Any other one? ...The 929?
post #72213 of 72215 Old Today, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
And I know very well what I hear and what I like and like not, when it comes to Audyssey Dynamic EQ, and Volume too. ...I prefer without; without any pumping effect.
I believe you have said this several times now, and we have all heard you. You have made your point. Is there any reason to keep stating your dislikes for DEQ over and over?
post #72214 of 72215 Old Today, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Please discuss the subject, not the poster.

Thank you for your cooperation.

* Igor was talking about Audyssey Dymamic EQ and Dynamic volume... Read his post, and my reply, and that it is obvious that we are having an informative exchange on the topic, and that we are not discussing each other as to see if one is right or wrong, or the other.

Last edited by NorthSky; Today at 05:19 PM. Reason: *
post #72215 of 72215 Old Today, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 691
I am discussing the subject. We have heard about the subject enough, so can we move on, please?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H
Gear in this thread - Kht1005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page