post #72511 of 72530 Old Today, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragepoo View Post
Ok sounds good. Kbarnes do you have a direct link to those? Cant seem to find them in your profile :blush:
I'm not Keith, but...

This links to the FAQ/101 introduction:

"Official" Audyssey thread (FAQ in post #51779)

Selden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72512 of 72530 Old Today, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Please forgive me for not going through the 2,418 pages before asking this question. I did try the search function, however I did not find anything exact to what I needed. However, I could have been getting the answers and not even know because of my lack of knowledge in the AV world.....

I ran the Audyssey through the Denon 4000 and everything seemed to come out fine except the subwoofer. I am getting very little bass from my sub. I came out with the following:

- Sub level -3.0db
- Dialog level -2.5db
- Speaker/Manual Front, Center, Surround = Small
- Cross over (Front= 80Hz, Center = 100Hz, Surround 80 Hz)
- Bass LFE
- LPF for LFE 120Hz

Recommended by a helpful member on here I turned the Center down to 80, and the LPF for LFE to 80. I was still getting minimal bass output from my subwoofer.

Sub setup: http://www.rythmikaudio.com/download...tion_Guide.pdf

I went back into the instructions from Brian (Rythmik FV15HP) for the room EQ setup and tried to put the Damping on Low (Only thing I changed from original instructions setup) and Audyssey now tells me that my sub is too high (I am reading 81db and it wants 75db).

Please yell at me and tell me how many times this has been answered. And then please provide the link for where that is....

I am running
Denon 4000, Primus 363's, Primus PC351, ProMonitor 800's, and Rythmik FV15HP sub
post #72513 of 72530 Old Today, 09:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1900 Post(s)
Liked: 1987
Quote:
Ok sounds good. Kbarnes do you have a direct link to those? Cant seem to find them in your profile :blush:
They’re in my sig ... down there ...

V
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

Oh - if you’re using a mobile device you can't see sigs...

In which case...

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...l#post21782993

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...l#post21783025
post #72514 of 72530 Old Today, 10:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autorotate View Post
Please forgive me for not going through the 2,418 pages before asking this question. I did try the search function, however I did not find anything exact to what I needed. However, I could have been getting the answers and not even know because of my lack of knowledge in the AV world.....

I ran the Audyssey through the Denon 4000 and everything seemed to come out fine except the subwoofer. I am getting very little bass from my sub. I came out with the following:

- Sub level -3.0db
- Dialog level -2.5db
- Speaker/Manual Front, Center, Surround = Small
- Cross over (Front= 80Hz, Center = 100Hz, Surround 80 Hz)
- Bass LFE
- LPF for LFE 120Hz

Recommended by a helpful member on here I turned the Center down to 80, and the LPF for LFE to 80. I was still getting minimal bass output from my subwoofer.

Sub setup: http://www.rythmikaudio.com/download...tion_Guide.pdf

I went back into the instructions from Brian (Rythmik FV15HP) for the room EQ setup and tried to put the Damping on Low (Only thing I changed from original instructions setup) and Audyssey now tells me that my sub is too high (I am reading 81db and it wants 75db).

Please yell at me and tell me how many times this has been answered. And then please provide the link for where that is....

I am running
Denon 4000, Primus 363's, Primus PC351, ProMonitor 800's, and Rythmik FV15HP sub
Again, there's no need top read all 2,418 pages - I condensed the entire wisdom of the thread into the Audyssey FAQ just so nobody would have to make it their life's work to read the thread

There's a whole section on subs, but try these to start:

f)4. If I want to run my subs a little 'hot' where should I make the changes?

f)5. Since I ran Audyssey everything sounds great - but where has my bass gone?
post #72515 of 72530 Old Today, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autorotate View Post

Put your center and LPF for LFE back where Audyssey set it. The links posted by kbarnes701 do explain things quite well.
post #72516 of 72530 Old Today, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Is Audyssey the same thing as Multeq tx32? the sr7008 has this and im wondering if i can use your 101 on Audyssey Kbarnes?

Thanks
post #72517 of 72530 Old Today, 11:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked: 1430
Quote:
Is Audyssey the same thing as Multeq tx32? the sr7008 has this and im wondering if i can use your 101 on Audyssey Kbarnes?
Audyssey is a company. The thing for which they are most famous is their automatic calibration / room correction software, which is called MultEQ. They also have other technologies in your receiver like Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume.

The Audyssey FAQ/101 covers all of the above.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #72518 of 72530 Old Today, 12:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Thanks
Yes - XT32 is one (the best) of the Audyssey 'flavors'.
post #72519 of 72530 Old Today, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Im begining to understand how it all works now

There is one thing i need to know first before i get my hands on the sr7008.

I need to know if allready now need to replace my speakers. Here is a bad drawing from paint, but i hope you get the idea

Front speakers are at ear level just beside the tv. Will i gain alot from moving them away from the tv? I read about the triangle, but how much will i gain from it?

And the backspeakers are up below the ceeling (about 2,5 meters up). Do I need to move these Down to ear level and is it good to have them behind the couch?

I understood the part where MultEQ will handle the difference between the distance of the backspeakers and how that wasnt a problem. But do i need to put them in ear level for the best sound?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.gif
Views:	15
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	323218  
post #72520 of 72530 Old Today, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:

I need to know if allready now need to replace my speakers. Here is a bad drawing from paint, but i hope you get the idea

Front speakers are at ear level just beside the tv. Will i gain alot from moving them away from the tv? I read about the triangle, but how much will i gain from it?

And the backspeakers are up below the ceeling (about 2,5 meters up). Do I need to move these Down to ear level and is it good to have them behind the couch?

I understood the part where MultEQ will handle the difference between the distance of the backspeakers and how that wasnt a problem. But do i need to put them in ear level for the best sound?

Thanks
Most speakers are specified (ie their frequency response is assessed) vertically on axis with the tweeter. How much things change as you get off axis vertically depends on the speaker. Same is true of off axis response horizontally, but there a rolled off response may be better for use in home sized rooms.

Widening the fronts will widen the soundstage. Sounds will come from farther to the left and right, being more spread out. Only you can decide whether it's important to you to do so. It'll sound more like that the mixers heard when they created the movie and/or music with a wider soundstage.

I'll defer to others on surround placement. Mine are somewhat close to but certainly not exactly at ear level (nor, at present, are they at the same height) but it doesn't seem to cause a problem. But there's the possibility that I just don't know what I'm missing. Surrounds can be a little in front of the listening position to a little behind.
post #72521 of 72530 Old Today, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:

Thanks
Hi Ragepoo,

I do think you need to replace your speakers, actually all of them including your TV in order to get the best out of your new Home Theater system as regards SQ (Sound Quality) prior to running Audyssey. A so-called "cold setup" will do wonders and will help digital room correction systems like Audyssey do their "magic" for you. The drawing itself doesn't help much when you're looking for advice. Care to share some photos of your room? Thx.
post #72522 of 72530 Old Today, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogorf View Post
Hi Ragepoo,

I do think you need to replace your speakers, actually all of them including your TV in order to get the best out of your new Home Theater system as regards SQ (Sound Quality) prior to running Audyssey. A so-called "cold setup" will do wonders and will help digital room correction systems like Audyssey do their "magic" for you. The drawing itself doesn't help much when you're looking for advice. Care to share some photos of your room? Thx.

How exactly will replacing his TV improve the sound quality?[emoji19]

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
post #72523 of 72530 Old Today, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post

While replacing the speakers in his room which could result in a total rearrangement of his layout, like perhaps a 90 degree in-room shift will inevitably require the replacement of the TV as well. His drawing does not allow further considerations on whether my idea is possible or not, but a few photos may easily reveal what should be done. WAF and stuff are the next issues to be considered. But let's go step by step when trying to help out a new member. Agree?
post #72524 of 72530 Old Today, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 745 Post(s)
Liked: 789
Quote:

Perhaps Feri meant to say re-position the speakers and TV. My advice would be to arrange the room with a symmetric layout, which generally improves audio performance, since reflections from left and right are coming from walls at the same distance. Of course, without additional information from the OP, we don't know if this is possible in his listening room.
post #72525 of 72530 Old Today, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
Perhaps Feri meant to say re-position the speakers and TV. My advice would be to arrange the room with a symmetric layout, which generally improves audio performance, since reflections from left and right are coming from walls at the same distance. Of course, without additional information from the OP, we don't know if this is possible in his listening room.
Thanks Jerry,

Re-positioning is da right word here, indeed. Replacing may mean buy other speakers, eh? Ok, let's wait for the OP to come back with more info on his room and speaker details. Take care.
post #72526 of 72530 Old Today, 03:37 PM

Quote:
How exactly will replacing his TV improve the sound quality?
Don't know, but replacing the speakers will make the TV look better....
post #72527 of 72530 Old Today, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio2xs View Post
Put your center and LPF for LFE back where Audyssey set it. The links posted by kbarnes701 do explain things quite well.
For your ref. Audyssey does not set LPF of LFE in the AVR. It's user selectable on most AVRs, yet it's always best when set to 120 Hz (default). The LFE (aka 0.1 channel) in accordance with film industrial standards will not contain anything above that frequency. Hope this helps.
post #72528 of 72530 Old Today, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio2xs View Post
Don't know, but replacing the speakers will make the TV look better....
Actually TV will look the same regardless of where it is placed in the room, yet it's the sound that will make a whole-a-lotta difference to the listeners' ears. Stay tuned for this conversation.
post #72529 of 72530 Old Today, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Actually TV will look the same regardless of where it is placed in the room, yet it's the sound that will make a whole-a-lotta difference to the listeners' ears. Stay tuned for this conversation.
It will actually look better in some locations and worse in others. Reflections, ambient light, good sight lines, not too high, not too far or near, all of that.

I think it was back in the early 1980s that mixers discovered while mixing a track to a black and white work print, that when they saw the film in color the track sounded 3dB louder. There actually is a connection.
post #72530 of 72530 Old Today, 05:18 PM

Quote:
For your ref. Audyssey does not set LPF of LFE in the AVR. It's user selectable on most AVRs, yet it's always best when set to 120 Hz (default). The LFE (aka 0.1 channel) in accordance with film industrial standards will not contain anything above that frequency. Hope this helps.
Yes, good point, I kind of messed that up. LFE is authored with material up to 120Hz, so that's the only correct setting. I'm not sure if it were manually set to something else that Audyssey might not reset it to the default of 120Hz when cal is run, but it's supposed to be 120.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H
Gear in this thread - Kht1005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page