Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1125 Post(s)
Liked: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
But are they displaying a "before or after" graph?
They purport to show 'after' calibration. But no measurements are taken by Audyssey after calibration, so these graphs are just a 'calculation' of what the response should look like after Audyssey has done its stuff.
Keith you are thinking of the Pro graphs. The graphs he is talking about (in the receiver GUI) are neither before not after, they are the correction being applied.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72842 of 72845 Old Today, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 28
"they are the correction being applied."

Being shown the correction being applied can't I use that information and address my speaker's crossovers?

The recently run results show a needed increase in high frequencies in my center channel. Maybe I increased the resistance in the tweeter's crossover for the center channel a bit too much?

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
post #72843 of 72845 Old Today, 07:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1125 Post(s)
Liked: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiddleton4 View Post

Being shown the correction being applied can't I use that information and address my speaker's crossovers?

The recently run results show a needed increase in high frequencies in my center channel. Maybe I increased the resistance in the tweeter's crossover for the center channel a bit too much?
In theory, yes, you can use the correction graphs to make intelligent decisions.

In practice, however, they are incredibly crude representations. Plus of course you are seeing a combination of room + speaker so I wouldn't necessarily make speaker design choices base on them even in the best case.

If you are looking to precisely measure the impact of your DIY project tweaks why on earth would you try to use those as opposed to spending $100 on a mic and downloading REW for free to take REAL measurements!?

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #72844 of 72845 Old Today, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiddleton4 View Post

Do you mean you want to modify the circuitry of the crossover built into your center speaker for an increaded output at high frequencies?

How is your center positioned in your setup? It's always best (read: must) to make sure the center faces seated ear height so it can deliver the widest frequency range on-axis and if not you need some clever way to tilt it up or down depending on location vs. screen. I would start from here and then re-run Audyssey.
post #72845 of 72845 Old Today, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 28
"why on earth would you try to use those as opposed to spending $100 on a mic and downloading REW"

Because I own the 3808 and I only do my own as in a limited number of speakers. Not going to spend 100 dollars tweaking one center channel.

Speaker placement does not drive my home theater/front room furniture placement. I understand there are optimum places in which to put speakers. Family lives in the room too. Which is why Audyssey is of value. Helps real world settings maximize the sound experience.

"Do you mean you want to modify the circuitry of the crossover built into your center speaker for an increaded output at high frequencies?"

Yes. Still thinking about dropping one 6 ohm resister out of the tweeter's xover network and re-running Audyssey.

Good news is Audyssey was able to address the room, speakers and current crossover and adjust successfully.

Thing sounds amazing.

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H
Gear in this thread - Kht1005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page