Forum Jump: 

post #73171 of 73173 Old Today, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post
If you change from RCA to XLR you will have a 6dB boost in level. If you are happy with that then you don't need to re-run Audyssey. DEQ will be affected.
Ok thank you Kbarnes i figures it would be ok to just add the xlr's as i don't like the DEQ. Also when comparing the xt32 on the Marantz vs the xt on the denon 4308 the lelvels are always a minus figure with XT32 and positive figures with XT. I think this is accounting for the DEQ and Dolby Volume with the Xt32.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #73172 of 73173 Old Today, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Ok thank you Kbarnes. So i shouldn't have to worry about any clipping of the signal with Audyssey engaged would i ?
post #73173 of 73173 Old Today, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post
No need to run Audyssey again IMO. What you have done is no different to changing the level of the trims, if the 3dB difference is the same across all your channels. Dynamic EQ might be affected a little but as the new level is 3dB down (not up) that might actually help with the overboost that DEQ gives to surrounds.

No doubt you will be running Audyssey again soon anyway, so it will resolve itself
Thanks for agreeing, Keith, and for pointing out the 3dB difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2. Since I have done several calibrations over the past week as I was struggling with the MiniDSP implementation, I wasn't keen on doing another one right away. But you are 100% correct--another calibration cannot be far down the road.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H
Gear in this thread - Kht1005 by PriceGrabber.com