"Official" Audyssey thread (FAQ in post #51779) - Page 2459 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #73741 of 73745 Unread Today, 05:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Federo5 View Post
Does anyone have a picture of what a tilt rod looks like that might have come with my klipsch center. Had these for a few months and was reading over the manual and it said one came with, I dunno what it looks like or where it would go.Can't find on google. All I can find are 6 rubber half circles, not sure if that came with the speakers. Also have spikes but they came with the fronts. The bottom of the speaker has two threading bush holes but they are not parallel, one is front to the left and bottom off center right. Can I buy this separately or is the tilt rod really these rubber half moons ( 6 of them). What would I use to tilt/angle the center down,up.
You didn't say which Klipsch center so I just went with the first one I came across. I think the rubber half moons are intended to be used to fill the holes if you don't use the tilt rod, otherwise you use the threaded holes for the tilt rod. Check page 3 paragraph center channel speakers that refers to figure 4 in the pdf. Here's the pdf. http://images.klipsch.com/Reference2...6138280000.pdf

If your didn't come with anything other than the speaker and the rubber half moons, then somebody shorted you the tilt assembly.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, VideoForge HDMI II, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #73742 of 73745 Unread Today, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogorf View Post
Thank you for your flattering Bob. As regards my setup, despite someone has recently strongly criticized it for being done for aesthetics only, please note the followings I took into consideration when done for a so called "cold setup" prior to introducing Audyssey RC:

1. Front L/Rs are set up to be +/- 30 deg with a protractor as seen from MLP. Both L&Rs t/w the Center are tilted downward to face seated MLP, as well as nudged off the shelf by an inch in order to tame early reflections. (Special note: my Dali speaker Manual explicitely recommends not to toe-in the front L/Rs due to their wide dispertion pattern design).

2. Surrounds are placed approx. 100 deg to the left and right as per Dolby's speaker placement guidelines.

3. Sub is placed at 1/4th of front room lenght from the right side (as suggested by Sanjay/ sdurani)

4. The room itself has plenty of natural dampening "stuff" to bring down reverb, like curtains, elevated book shelves, rough textured wall paper, textile seating (instead of leather), decorative table cloth on coffee table (a WAF kinda thing!), and its a closed room, no kitchen, no dining space, no "Big Room" effect here.

Welcome any time for a listening test, btw, you prefer red or white wine?

I am glad that I am not the only one that have used a protractor (and strings, in my case) to measure the location and placement of the surround speakers , lol...
mogorf likes this.
post #73743 of 73745 Unread Today, 10:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 3024 Post(s)
Liked: 2525
Quote:
Originally Posted by josey88 View Post
I am glad that I am not the only one that have used a protractor (and strings, in my case) to measure the location and placement of the surround speakers , lol...
And do you have a vise to clamp your head in while watching a movie?
post #73744 of 73745 Unread Today, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
You didn't say which Klipsch center so I just went with the first one I came across. I think the rubber half moons are intended to be used to fill the holes if you don't use the tilt rod, otherwise you use the threaded holes for the tilt rod. Check page 3 paragraph center channel speakers that refers to figure 4 in the pdf. Here's the pdf. http://images.klipsch.com/Reference2...6138280000.pdf

If your didn't come with anything other than the speaker and the rubber half moons, then somebody shorted you the tilt assembly.
It's the klipsch 62.2. There are no holes though except for two just off center staggered either side of center with grooves
post #73745 of 73745 Unread Today, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

I'm trying to figure out what it might look like to see if the gf put it somewhere around here. I can;t find it on google
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H
Gear in this thread - Kht1005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page