"Official" Audyssey thread (FAQ in post #51779) - Page 2482 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #74431 of 74433 Old Today, 01:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3440 Post(s)
Liked: 1181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
I use a boom stand which works well with the UMIK-1 and its holder. But it doesn't work well with the Audyssey mic because I can't keep it at a strict 90 degree angle. It's tilted because my seating position is lower than the boom arm. I should find a solution for this.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22668386

♦ Post number 7: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22668946 --> Click on "adaptor" (link).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74432 of 74433 Unread Today, 07:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 3355 Post(s)
Liked: 2677
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgorZep View Post
I've already tried to explain it as simple as possible. The fade-out part should be understandable to anyone who mastered some audio... And frequency dependent windowing is quite tricky to explain expressively... Anyway, not everything is needed to be included into the FAQ. We have some comparison to display, so, whoever understands could look at it and make conclusions for himself, the resolution is also pretty easy to understand when it is translated to frequency domain (like 375 Hz between 'control points' for XT) and this is also a useful information in terms of how low in frequency it can correct at all (something we should see on the spec sheet instead of abstract incomparable 16x, 128x, 512x etc.).
I will do my best with the addition to the FAQ, Igor, and perhaps you would be kind enough to take a look when it is live and make any comments or suggestions for changes you feel are needed. I will try to do this next week (I keep getting delayed with everything as I am undergoing a series of surgeries on my jaw - latest one today - and after each one I feel like lying down rather than typing. And the pain meds make me a little slow too (slower than usual!).
post #74433 of 74433 Unread Today, 07:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 3355 Post(s)
Liked: 2677
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogorf View Post
Igor, you are a "hard row to hoe" when it comes to simplicity, eh? How many here do you think has had experience in "mastering some audio"?

Saying: "whoever understands could look at it and make conclusions for himself" is not what a FAQ needs.

Saying: "pretty easy to understand" is beyond doubt true for those who pretty easily understand,..but what about the rest trying hard to read and understand the FAQ?

Saying: "useful information" is not going to be useful information for those who can not make use of this information. Hope you get it!

What is really needed here is a "tech to everyday" translation...
Let me have a go at it and then we can all see what we think and suggest improvements. I think that the graphs themselves and a general conclusion drawn from them might be sufficient. Even if the inner workings are not known, the conclusion can still be valid.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H
Gear in this thread - Kht1005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page