"Official" Audyssey thread (FAQ in post #51779) - Page 2483 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #74461 of 74466 Unread Today, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
My MLP places my ears at about 36" from the floor. Yes, that's the adapter I bought, and I have the same issue with it as Soulburner does: If the mic stand is at its lowest possible placement (which requires keeping all of the legs flattened to the floor, or close to it), then a low seating position at the MLP means that the end of the boom with the adapter is lower than the top of the mic stand--and the tip of the Audyssey mic is not pointing strauight up any more. Maybe there is some kind of shorter boom mic stand than the one in the FAQ that is reasonably priced...that would solve the problem.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Carver m1.0t, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, etc.
Headphone system: Sennheiser HD600, AKG K701, Burson HA-160, Marantz CD5004, Denon DVD-3910
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74462 of 74466 Unread Today, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1523 Post(s)
Liked: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post
My MLP places my ears at about 36" from the floor. Yes, that's the adapter I bought, and I have the same issue with it as Soulburner does: If the mic stand is at its lowest possible placement (which requires keeping all of the legs flattened to the floor, or close to it), then a low seating position at the MLP means that the end of the boom with the adapter is lower than the top of the mic stand--and the tip of the Audyssey mic is not pointing strauight up any more. Maybe there is some kind of shorter boom mic stand than the one in the FAQ that is reasonably priced...that would solve the problem.
I use something like this. Works just fine for angling down the boom arm and then being able to angle the Audyssey mic up.

AVR: Denon 4520ci, FL/R: Klipschorn, CC: Klipsch RC-64ii, SUR: Polk LS/FX x4, FH: Klipsch RB-51ii x2, SUB: PSA T-18 x2, DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740, BluRay: PS3 & BDP-S5100, Remote: URC MX-700
--------------------------------------------------
Getting Started with REW
Audyssey 101
Audyssey FAQ
post #74463 of 74466 Unread Today, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
I use something like this. Works just fine for angling down the boom arm and then being able to angle the Audyssey mic up.

I'll check this out, but do you happen to have a link to the actual amazon page? This is just the picture of the item--I don't even know what to call it in order to search for it.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Carver m1.0t, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, etc.
Headphone system: Sennheiser HD600, AKG K701, Burson HA-160, Marantz CD5004, Denon DVD-3910
post #74464 of 74466 Unread Today, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I'm going to get one at Radio Shack. At least their website says they have it. Thanks for the tip!
post #74465 of 74466 Unread Today, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1927 Post(s)
Liked: 1105
Quote:
I have the same problem with the lower price boom mic stand and adapter recommended in the FAQ for this forum. An additional problem is that the knob tightening the boom is ineffective at keeping the boom in place. I have been able to make this equipment work, but it hasn't been easy. Still, it beats using a camea tripod (for ease).
I agree that the less expensive boom mic stands are not that sturdy. I have run so many calibrations that I have stripped the thumb screw on the Pro mic stand, and rendered a cheap boom mic stand almost unusable. I recently went to Guitar Center and selected a more sturdy (and more expensive) mic stand because I became weary of fighting the cheap one.
post #74466 of 74466 Unread Today, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1523 Post(s)
Liked: 762
Quote:
I'll check this out, but do you happen to have a link to the actual amazon page? This is just the picture of the item--I don't even know what to call it in order to search for it.
http://www.amazon.com/Guardian-Cases...words=mic+clip

You can search for "mic clip" and find a bunch of options other than that one.

AVR: Denon 4520ci, FL/R: Klipschorn, CC: Klipsch RC-64ii, SUR: Polk LS/FX x4, FH: Klipsch RB-51ii x2, SUB: PSA T-18 x2, DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740, BluRay: PS3 & BDP-S5100, Remote: URC MX-700
--------------------------------------------------
Getting Started with REW
Audyssey 101
Audyssey FAQ
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H
Gear in this thread - Kht1005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page