Originally Posted by Alan P
I see this all the time when trying to post in this thread and have reported it without much help.
The only way I've found around it is to make sure I quote someone before replying...probably doesn't help when editing the FAQ though.
This thread is unique on that aspect (Database error).
There are three solutions that I know of:
1. Like you said; quote another post.
2. At the page's bottom, last post, @ left; click on 'Reply'.
3. Just post like normal by typing your post in the large white dedicated space, and when done, don't click on 'Submit Reply' but on 'Preview Post';
then you can submit your post.
Those three tricks work.
* But the main thing is this: You have to remember (I never do myself). ...And if you don't remember, and that you post normally, without quoting, and click on 'Submit Reply' (and not on 'Reply' first), you are going to end up with that 'Database error' and your post is gone for good.
So, if you make the mistake of not using one of them three solutions above, and that you worked real hard on a post with lots of good info and scientific measurements and theories for over an hour and up to four hours; too bad, your hard work is gone.
It gets me all the time, I can never remember to post differently here in this Audyssey thread.
And the reason is very easy to understand why; it's because we are used to post normally everywhere else, and we just do the same here.
For this reason this thread is the one I experienced the most frustration over time. ...And I tried to stay away if I can help it, but it's not always easy to remember and also when you like to reply to a post.
It was asked before if there should be an official Audyssey thread Part Two, because this one was so humongous.
Perhaps that was the right solution ....
P.S. When Keith wants to add to the FAQ, he probably click on 'Edit'. ...Then 'Save'.
He'll have to check another route if he ends up with a 'Database error'. ...Check if 'Preview Post' is an option when editing before saving.
* [I just checked, and it's not an option; but 'Edit' and 'Save' always works fine for me]. ...And there is also 'Go Advanced'; that might help...