AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by audyssey View Post

Hi Jay,

Double Bass in the Integra is a mode that takes the bass managed signal from the main speaker and duplicates in both the subwoofer and the main speaker itself. So, if you have a 60 Hz (for example) crossover set for that speaker then everything below 60 Hz will be sent to both the speaker and the sub.

The LFE lowpass filter is something completely different that is only applied to the separate LFE track on the DVD. I talked about this in an earlier post. It is not part of the speaker bass management, but the LFE signal on the DVD goes through that filter before being sent to the subwoofer.

Regards,
Chris

The Integra only lets you select "double bass" when the fronts are set to "full" (ie large, no crossover). So it's either using the LFE low pass filter setting or some other internal value to determine what frequencies to "double" to the sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 72815 Old 01-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

snip...
2 EQ is the basic filter and higher resolutions are available with MultEQ and MultEQ XT.
snip...
Regards,
Chris

Chris
Is there any way we can find out what version we have in our equipment? (I have an Onkyo 805).

Another question that I think we would all like to know - where do you see Audyssey (and MultiEQ) going from here?
Thanks
post #723 of 72815 Old 01-17-2008, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordo View Post

Chris
Is there any way we can find out what version we have in our equipment? (I have an Onkyo 805).

Another question that I think we would all like to know - where do you see Audyssey (and MultiEQ) going from here?
Thanks

Check your 805 manual (Page 55). It comes with Audyssey MultEQ XT.
post #724 of 72815 Old 01-17-2008, 02:45 PM

Stupid, hopefully easy question...

I have an Onkyo SR705 receiver and just ran Audyssey the other day (sounds great to me!). I have read of people setting their speaker sizes to "small" as they get set to "large" in the set-up, but I do not see a setting for small/large? Any help, is the Hz the size? If so, what are the breakdowns? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I have searched for the answer on a couple of different forums and can not find it...

Thanks.

Nathan
post #725 of 72815 Old 01-17-2008, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

Chris

Thanks

Do you mean other than looking at the big beautiful Audyssey MultEQ XT logo on the front panel?

Audyssey technologies are continuing to expand in various directions that improve sound by solving problems. We are not in the sound effects business. So, after MultEQ we introduced Dynamic EQ (now shipping) that solves the problem of loudness changing as the volume is turned down. We also introduced BassXT that uses DSP to extend the low frequency response of small woofers by pushing them adaptively to maximum excursion (also shipping in HTiB products). At CES this year we introduced Dynamic Volume that uses a human-in-the-loop model to fix the problem of drastic changes in dynamic range during movies or when watching TV and loud commercials. There is quite a bit of info on these on our website.

Regards,
Chris

Chris

Join me for Audyssey Tech Talk on Facebook here.
Follow me @ChrisAudyssey on Twitter here.
post #726 of 72815 Old 01-17-2008, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Do you mean other than looking at the big beautiful Audyssey MultEQ XT logo on the front panel?

Audyssey technologies are continuing to expand in various directions that improve sound by solving problems. We are not in the sound effects business. So, after MultEQ we introduced Dynamic EQ (now shipping) that solves the problem of loudness changing as the volume is turned down. We also introduced BassXT that uses DSP to extend the low frequency response of small woofers by pushing them adaptively to maximum excursion (also shipping in HTiB products). At CES this year we introduced Dynamic Volume that uses a human-in-the-loop model to fix the problem of drastic changes in dynamic range during movies or when watching TV and loud commercials. There is quite a bit of info on these on our website.

Regards,
Chris

Do you know will the Dynamic Volume function be incorporated in the Denon 3808? That would be real nice to have.

Another question, people have mentioned upgrading their Denon receivers to Audyssey Pro. Is this really an upgrade or simply having a pro installer tweak from a notebook?

Like 80's rock? Add Pirate Radio KQLZ (updated 8/21/11): http://174.127.65.10:80 to your http://www.radiodenon.com

Firmware update? http://denon-firmware-tracking.wetpaint.com/
post #727 of 72815 Old 01-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate94Z28 View Post

Stupid, hopefully easy question...

I have an Onkyo SR705 receiver and just ran Audyssey the other day (sounds great to me!). I have read of people setting their speaker sizes to "small" as they get set to "large" in the set-up, but I do not see a setting for small/large? Any help, is the Hz the size? If so, what are the breakdowns? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I have searched for the answer on a couple of different forums and can not find it...

Thanks.

Nathan

The 705 doesn't use the large/small designation. It will most likely set all your speakers to "Full Range". But once the process has run, you can just go back into the Onkyo's speaker setup menu and manually set the crossovers for each speaker, according to their specifications. This is assuming you have a sub, of course. It's all laid out in far greater detail in the FAQ at the beginning of the Onkyo 705 thread in the Amps and Receivers forum.
post #728 of 72815 Old 01-17-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopstretch View Post

The 705 doesn't use the large/small designation. It will most likely set all your speakers to "Full Range". But once the process has run, you can just go back into the Onkyo's speaker setup menu and manually set the crossovers for each speaker, according to their specifications. This is assuming you have a sub, of course. It's all laid out in far greater detail in the FAQ at the beginning of the Onkyo 705 thread in the Amps and Receivers forum.

Got it, thanks! Looks like mine set up pretty close from what I can see (low range of the front speakers is 55Hz, set up set at 70Hz). Didn't see it in the FAQ, should I mess with the surrounds? They are set to 120Hz, and the info I have on them show a low response of 60Hz.
post #729 of 72815 Old 01-17-2008, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:

Got it, thanks! Looks like mine set up pretty close from what I can see (low range of the front speakers is 55Hz, set up set at 70Hz). Didn't see it in the FAQ, should I mess with the surrounds? They are set to 120Hz, and the info I have on them show a low response of 60Hz.

Your center is probably great at 70, but I'd set those surrounds to 80Hz. Ideally, I wouldn't recommend that anyone set their crossovers above 100Hz unless they absolutely have to, because when you get that high you will start to localize that bass to the subwoofer itself instead of the speaker. Setting them to 80, despite Audyssey's suggested point, will let them blend in down through the 60Hz low end of your speaker, giving you a smooth transition and preventing localization of your sub. Audyssey should still maintain a good flat response after you change the crossover since it is EQ'ing the full range of the speaker when it does its analysis.

And you didn't see that in the FAQ? Jeez... I wrote the Audyssey portion and I could swear I covered that. Maybe it's time I did some revision.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
post #730 of 72815 Old 01-17-2008, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drSeehas View Post

Is there a list, which receiver model (ideally past and present) has how many control points?

I understand the more limited receiver models use their fewer control points for the most necessary "points", where the more equipped receivers as well care for the less important "points"?

We don't publish the number of control points in our filters because they are implemented in a proprietary way that makes them have more resolution than FIR filters one would find in a standard textbook. However, there is relative resolution info on our website here:
http://www.audyssey.com/technology/multEQ_products.html

The higher of the two numbers in the MultEQ XT column represent the capabilities of the stand-alone Sound Equalizer.

Regards,
Chris

Chris

post #731 of 72815 Old 01-17-2008, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captavs View Post

Do you know will the Dynamic Volume function be incorporated in the Denon 3808? That would be real nice to have.

Another question, people have mentioned upgrading their Denon receivers to Audyssey Pro. Is this really an upgrade or simply having a pro installer tweak from a notebook?

Dynamic EQ is shipping today on the Denon 3808CI and 4308CI, but it is only unlocked by a professional installer running our Pro software.

The benefits of Audyssey Pro calibration are:

1) each mic is individually calibrated by serial number so it is more accurate than the bulk calibration in the mics that ship with the receivers

2) there are more target curve choices for the installer to select based on room size and conditions

3) more positions in the listening area can be measured (up to 32) and this provides greater accuracy and can also give more "weight" to a certain seat by taking more measurements there

4) In the Denon receivers, the Audyssey Pro installation unlocks Dynamic EQ that adjusts the EQ dynamically as the user turns down the volume so that proper tonal balance is maintained at all listening levels

Regards,
Chris

Chris

post #732 of 72815 Old 01-17-2008, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Chris, I am going to get the new Denon AVP A1-HD. What Audyssey capabilites will it have? Thanks

Gene

gthomas
post #733 of 72815 Old 01-17-2008, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nethomas View Post

Chris, I am going to get the new Denon AVP A1-HD. What Audyssey capabilites will it have? Thanks

Gene

--Audyssey Pro enabled for professional installation
--Audyssey Dynamic EQ (with Audyssey Pro installation)
--Audyssey MultEQ XT using built-in software

Regards,
Chris

Chris

post #734 of 72815 Old 01-18-2008, 12:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

Audyssey should still maintain a good flat response after you change the crossover since it is EQ'ing the full range of the speaker when it does its analysis.

Actually Audyssey doesn't EQ the full range for your surrounds - it just EQs down to the cutoff Audyssey found, 120 Hz in this case. If you manually lower the cutoff down to 80 Hz, then you get the unequalized sound from 120-80.
post #735 of 72815 Old 01-18-2008, 01:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesar1 View Post

Check your 805 manual (Page 55). It comes with Audyssey MultEQ XT.

When all else fails, read the manual
Thanks
post #736 of 72815 Old 01-18-2008, 01:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captavs View Post

Dynamic Volume should be in every TV in the world. However I think most commercials are shooting themselves in the foot - we turn on the Mute through all the commercials these days.
post #737 of 72815 Old 01-18-2008, 03:09 AM

Quote:

... However, there is relative resolution info on our website here:
http://www.audyssey.com/technology/multEQ_products.html

The higher of the two numbers in the MultEQ XT column represent the capabilities of the stand-alone Sound Equalizer...

Thank you for your answer.

I have a few more questions:
For the subwoofer there is no difference between built-in MultEQ XT and MultEQ (both 8x)?

The power of the processors build into the receivers increases dramatically each year and you improve your software each year.
Could there be a situation where a newer MultEQ equipped receiver (e.g. Marantz SR7002) would be better than an older MultEQ XT equipped one (e.g. Denon AVR-3806)? Or will MultEQ XT always be better independent of the age and memory/processor power?

BTW: On your "AUDYSSEY-ENABLED PRODUCTS" page I miss the 2EQ equipped LG AR702.
post #738 of 72815 Old 01-18-2008, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Hello All. This is a great thread I stubbled on when looking to fix my issue. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks in advance!!!

There is one specific "POP" from the speakers that occur only under a specific condition. This is:

When DVD is playing (and kept in a playing mode).
Audyssey is on in the DSP (on any curve).
Source is changed to another source and then back to the DVD.

When this occurs, there is a "POP" from the speakers. If the DVD is put in 'stop' mode, this does not occur. Not sure if this is an issue with Audyssey, or HDCP (HDMI) or the combination of both. I know that HDMI has been a nightmare for software engineers due to HDCP and this may be one of the issues. My receiver (NAD T-785) is connected to the TV through HDMI and any other source playing that is up-converted (Component - HDMI), does not cause this problem, only a source that is connected to the NAD through HDMI.

Also, this does not occur when DSP is turned off, everything plays fine, indicating that the cables are fine (I did test other cables to rule this out) and that the issues is with Audyssey turned on (possibly with HDCP).At the moment I'm keeping DSP off - not sure if the "pop" will damage any of the equipment.

The HDMI Cables I'm using are NXG Pro Sapphire. They worked fine with another receiver with Audyssey.

Thanks for any imput!

Ray

"Listen with an open heart and mind."

post #739 of 72815 Old 01-18-2008, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyzziks View Post

Actually Audyssey doesn't EQ the full range for your surrounds - it just EQs down to the cutoff Audyssey found, 120 Hz in this case. If you manually lower the cutoff down to 80 Hz, then you get the unequalized sound from 120-80.

You sho right. I was thinking of the more common situation of receivers selecting full range and people dialing the crossovers up. My bad!

post #740 of 72815 Old 01-18-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

You sho right. I was thinking of the more common situation of receivers selecting full range and people dialing the crossovers up. My bad!

So, leave my surrounds at 120Hz then?
post #741 of 72815 Old 01-18-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyzziks View Post

I don't believe this is correct. As posted above by Audyssey:
Quote:

Yes, changing the speakers from Large to Small (I got it right this time!) still gives you the benefit of the full Audyssey correction. Basically, the Audyssey filters are calculated on the entire frequency range that the speaker is found to be capable of reproducing. So, moving the crossover from "none" to 40 Hz or 80 Hz simply "stops" the filters from applying correction below the point you set. The algorithm assumes that the subwoofer will take over below that and the subwoofer filter is then applied in that region.

So, the internal settings of Large and Small are completely ignored during calibration. Every speaker is assumed to be Large, then it is pinged with our full range signal and the results are analyzed to tell MultEQ how low the speaker really goes (i.e. what is the -3 dB point for that speaker in that room).

This is also why it is important to defeat the lowpass filter on the back of the subwoofer when possible. We want to ping the subwoofer up as high as possible so that we have information for the filters should the crossover be changed after the fact in the receiver.

Accordingly, you should be fine to crossover the surrounds at 80 Hz or whatever you want. Below 100 Hz is recommended to prevent directionality problems with the bass.
post #742 of 72815 Old 01-18-2008, 11:05 AM

For some reason audyssey chose 200Hz as the cut-off for my B&W CMM650 surrounds, but they can clearly go lower than that (at least according to the specs they go to 50Hz +- 3db). I went ahead and lowered the crossover to 80Hz based on the response I got that the speaker was characterized and you can move these thresholds to taste.

I'm trying to maximize the use of my sub before directionality becomes an issue. As I understand it 80Hz is a good cut-off for that.
post #743 of 72815 Old 01-18-2008, 11:28 AM

Hey guys,

I got alot of help from Chris on an "Ambient noise too high" problem I was getting when running the Audyssey test, our final conclusion was that the traffic outside my condo was causing the problem. Basically, I have a 5 speaker set-up (w/ an Onkyo 605), and during the portion of the test where it checks the Surround Back speakers it will always pop up the ambient noise error after checking both non-existent Surround Back speakers, but before testing the Surround Left speaker. So Chris' suggestion was to just hook up two Surround Back speakers let them run the test, then turn them off afterwards. (Apprently, if you turn off the speakers prior to the test on the Onkyo, it'll just run the test on them anyway)

I was hoping somebody here had this problem, or something similar and could offer a second alternative that didn't involve finding 2 extra speakers...

Thanks all,

Adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awong048 View Post

Hi everybody,

I was just wondering what the Audyssey test is supposed to sound like on an Onkyo 605. I just got mine hooked up today, plugged in the mic and started the test.

Here's what happens:

Left Front:
- a pulse with a bit of snapping at the end of each pulse
- this pulse repeats about 5-6 times
- pause
- pulse repeats 5-6 times except louder
- pause
- pulse repeats (even louder this time)

This occurs for each speaker, BUT - a couple of issues:

1. Is that kind of 'snapping' noise at the end of each pulse normal?
2. Is it supposed to repeat with it being louder (and a bit scarier)?
3. I've never been able to finish the test. I always get a "Too much ambient noise" issue, but I'm not doing anything - I even unplugged the fridge! In my last 3 tests, it never got past the first speaker.

In case you haven't noticed, i'm a total n00b and am living in constant fear of blowing something up...soooo, any help would be great!

Thanks everybody!

Adrian

post #744 of 72815 Old 01-18-2008, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hello, ALL !

This is my first post at AVforum and I want to thank You for posting great info here. I've read the whole Audyssey thread this week trying to set up the MultEQ on my new DENON 2807. After a couple of days tweaking the system, there is still a problem for me. Chris, your Audyssey guide and comments are very helpful, and I hope You can give me the tip here.

My HT setup for now is :
Denon AVR-2807
Front: Paradigm Studio 40 v.2
Center: Paradigm CC-350 v.2
Surround: Paradigm Titan Monitor V.2
B.Surraund: B&O BeoVox 1001 (1976)
Sub : Paradigm PDR 8

The system is sounding great for me Music/Movies 50/50, but the Audyssey is driving crazy. I've tried to calibrate the room dozens of times now with the mic and the tripod, but the results are stable as a rock all the time. The center channel speaker gets blurry and looses the transparency and the definition at the moment I launch the Audyssey curve Room EQ. Actually, less massive, but still I feel the same center channel degradation with the Flat curve. The voices of dialogues in DD/DTS are sounding processed and not real. Like the character got flu and speaks through the nose in the metal room. I've tried many combinations moving the center speaker from the stand up and down, switching the phase as the calibrator cautions me , changing the VanDenHul cables to another ones, but same result always.
Then I've tried to calibrate the system without the center speaker at all, and the results were fantastic. All the 5.1 DD/DTS, 6.1 Descreet DTS sources sounds much wider and nicer with the Audyssey ON than w/o it, but the center channel goes to the main speakers. I've used the audyssey curve with movies, and the flat with multi channel music concerts without the center, and I really love what audyssey does to the sound scene. The bass gets smoother, and the mid and high diffuses all around the scene directly and with no artifacts.
So my issue is the center EQ . Is there any way to override the center EQ of Audyssey, and to change it manually (I guess not). I even tried to turn on the center channel in the speakers set up of the receiver, after the calibration process without it.But You cannot turn on the Audyssey curve at the moment Tou add the speaker to the set up.

So Is there any other try I should take with the calibration or is there simply no click between the Paradigm CC-350 and the Denon S-205 mic or the Audyssey calibration process. Unfortunately I cannot get any spare center channel speaker to switch mine to run the calibration and to check the results with another center.

Any comments would be appreciated.

P.S. Sorry for my poor english...

P.S.S. The pictures of the Audyssey channel curves are attached. The pictures are lowq, made with mobile phone, but might be enough to get it
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #745 of 72815 Old 01-18-2008, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So, leave my surrounds at 120Hz then?

No, I'd still set them to 80Hz, regardless of whether Audyssey corrects below its detected point or not. You'd rather hear the uncorrected 80-120 than have that redirected bass sound like it's coming from where your subwoofer is instead of the speaker.

post #746 of 72815 Old 01-18-2008, 02:26 PM

I just noticed that on my Onkyo 605, Audyssey processing is not available when listening to a Dolby TruHD source in 96/24 !

What the !?#!?!

So all the fine adjustments Audyssey makes are not available when listening to the highest-quality source. Is that a Onky 605 limitation, a "2EQ" limitation, or a general Audyssey limitation ?

Seems like a real disappointment.
post #747 of 72815 Old 01-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceB View Post

Hello, ALL !
Snip...
The system is sounding great for me Music/Movies 50/50, but the Audyssey is driving crazy. I’ve tried to calibrate the room dozens of times now with the mic and the tripod, but the results are stable as a rock all the time. The center channel speaker gets blurry and looses the transparency and the definition at the moment I launch the Audyssey curve Room EQ. Actually, less massive, but still I feel the same center channel degradation with the Flat curve. The voices of dialogues in DD/DTS are sounding processed and not real. Like the character got flu and speaks through the nose in the metal room. I’ve tried many combinations moving the center speaker from the stand up and down, switching the phase as the calibrator cautions me , changing the VanDenHul cables to another ones, but same result always.
Then I’ve tried to calibrate the system without the center speaker at all, and the results were fantastic. All the 5.1 DD/DTS, 6.1 Descreet DTS sources sounds much wider and nicer with the Audyssey ON than w/o it, but the center channel goes to the main speakers. I’ve used the audyssey curve with movies, and the flat with multi channel music concerts without the center, and I really love what audyssey does to the sound scene. The bass gets smoother, and the mid and high diffuses all around the scene directly and with no artifacts.
Snip...
Unfortunately I cannot get any spare center channel speaker to switch mine to run the calibration and to check the results with another center.
Snip...

You didn't say what the centre sounded like without Audyssey.
I would definitely have your centre checked. Sounds like you don't know anyone with a decent centre which you can check against. So maybe ask a local HiFi shop if they could lend you a centre (ideally a CC350). They may be willing if they see a possible sale.

I have a CC350 matched up to my home built speakers which all using Vifa drivers. After a heavy session with Pavarotti, my wife blew the tweeter in the CC350. I recognised straight away that something was wrong with the centre as it sounded similar to your description. I replaced the blown tweeter with a quality Vifa tweeter (the Vifa was a close match electronically to the CC350 tweeter). Not only did I fix the CC350, but I got a much better match of sound across my front stage.
BTW, this was long before I had my current receiver and Audyssey.
post #748 of 72815 Old 01-18-2008, 04:43 PM

You know.. I've read through a great deal of this thread, and either didn't come across, or missed the issue I'm having . My system is the following, nothing special but it makes me very happy,

Onkyo TX-SR805 (upgraded from 6 year old Kenwood 5.1, what a difference)
Paradigm CC-170 center
Paradigm Titan mains
Paradigm Atoms for the 4 surrounds
JBL E250 12-inch powered subwoofer

I nearly returned the Onkyo to the online retailer I purchased from, as the only local retailer I could purchase from was CC and I'll be damned. I ran Audyssey, and expected the bass to drop off somewhat from what I was used to. However, it seems my issue is that not only is it dropping off, but when I try and increase the volume either with the receiver volume, gain on the sub, or the calibration tool in the 805, it causes the sub to distort (or bottom out) without really shaking the room. In fact, I even met a fella on another thread and we e-mailed back and forth, as he and I were having a similar problem. He since upgraded his sub to an SVS, and is having no problem, so perhaps Audyssey assumes you have a $1000 sub, which I don't. I have messed with the gain, and re-ran Audyssey a couple of times. And the sub did respond a bit differently it seemed like, and would bottom out sometimes earlier, or later than other times, nevertheless it still seemed it would bottom out before I would get as much bass as I was used to. I used Independence Day as my test, as I am familiar with it. I nearly sent the receiver back thinking it was the pre-out, but the fellas at Onkyo asked me to do a hard reset on the receiver, which I did which cleared it completely. I ran the Onkyo without doing any Audyssey, and I only set the crossovers all around at 80, and let 'er rip. And the bass was back and singing. Now, admittedly I like bass probably heavier than ideal, so is Audyssey simply not for me? Is it possible Audyssey is trying to accomodate for a range that might be disappearing in my strangely shaped HT room which causes it to bottom out just at these times? I guess I was just surprised that Audyssey was causing my sub to bottom out, even when I only had the gain on the sub up to about 2/3 of the way? Or if I would turn the gain down and turn the bass up in the calibration part of the receiver. or is Audyssey perhaps faulty in my receiver?

I will admit, I think it sounds outstanding without Audyssey, so maybe I just don't like the flat response. I mean, truly your system should perform to the standards that you want, and not what somebody else expects or wants. I just want to know if it's normal that Audyssey would cause this bottoming out in a sub that is not producing the amount of bass that it normally would be.

thanks in advance...
post #749 of 72815 Old 01-18-2008, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

You didn't say what the centre sounded like without Audyssey.

Hi, Nordo.

My CC350 center is great. It sounds very nice for me without the Audyssey. I've also checked it with the power amped friend's system and it is good .

I think the problem is in the calibration process with the center. The CC350 center might not match the Studio 40 front and Audyssey tries to curve it, making the sound taste worse. I am not sure of it, and I have to check my system with another good quality center to be sure of it .

Nordo, which Front speakers Do You have with the CC350 ?
Can You post Your Front and Center Audyssey EQ curves to compare?
post #750 of 72815 Old 01-18-2008, 05:34 PM

OK, I've read through the thread. Regarding Audyssey's suggesting LARGE for SMALL speakers, the consensus seems to be that;
- Ignore it.
- Complete the measurements.
- Manually change them back to SMALL after the measurements.

That doesn't make sense to me. During the measurement, Audysses sends out low frequency signals to the small speakers and gets a response. The response would be different if the same signal is sent out from the Sub !?

The flow should allow that the SMALL/LARGE setting can be identical to the actual setting before Audessey starts the measurements.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H
Gear in this thread - Kht1005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page