"Official" Audyssey thread (FAQ in post #51779) - Page 2502 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #75031 of 75036 Old Yesterday, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
One simple thing is to display the graph not as an average but an overlay of all the individual plots that comprise the average. Then you can see what's actually happening at each point in space. It is possible that the dip is a nasty phase interaction that only exists over a small area and disappears a short distance away. This could indicate a simple fix may be a slightly adjustment of seating location.

Also just in case -- make sure you do NOT smooth the measurements prior to the RMS average. You want to average the unsmoothed plots and then AFTER averaging apply any smoothing. Otherwise it is "over smoothed".

IMO is the anomaly only exists at a small point in space and things look normal a short distance left or right I wouldn't sweat it too much.
I know I have work to do, but this is from late last night...as you can see the right seat next to MLP is cool....the MLP and LEFT SEAT are not so great. This is POST sub tweak, but what I did wrong is do all this with Audyssey off...meaning I got best RAW SUB response, then I did sub tweak to integrate to center, then I turned on Audyssey. Anyways...I will start over, but this is a bit larger a hole that I want (would you agree)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #75032 of 75036 Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1553 Post(s)
Liked: 1832
Looks like you just need to sit in the left seat

It's going to take some experimentation for sure. Ideally with 4 subs you'd be able to control that kind of spatial variation but clearly there is some phase interaction around the xover frequency.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #75033 of 75036 Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Looks like you just need to sit in the left seat

It's going to take some experimentation for sure. Ideally with 4 subs you'd be able to control that kind of spatial variation but clearly there is some phase interaction around the xover frequency.
Tell me about it...no wonder my wife said it sounds so good !!

I will be experimenting for sure!
post #75034 of 75036 Unread Yesterday, 03:43 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofast68 View Post
So is it possible, that my entire rabbit hole is in my head. I moved the mic 3" right of the MLP and wow...what a difference.

If the mic position you are calling MLP is right where the center of your head would be, then each of your ears might be 3" to one side or the other, and therefore O.K. At least that's the way it would be with my head, but, hey, I've been called fat-headed in the past.

Last edited by garygarrison; Yesterday at 11:09 PM.
post #75035 of 75036 Unread Today, 06:06 AM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by garygarrison View Post
If the mic position you are calling MLP is right where the center of your head would be, then each of your ears might be 3" to one side or the other, and therefore O.K. At least that's the way it would be with my head, but, hey, I've been called fat-headed in the past.

Gary,

What the heck are you doing up at 2:09AM editing your post?
At least we don't obsess much about this stuff, do we?

You will probably claim a 5 or 6 hour time difference from my EDT. Hawaii maybe.
post #75036 of 75036 Unread Today, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
Gary,

What the heck are you doing up at 2:09AM editing your post?
At least we don't obsess much about this stuff, do we?

You will probably claim a 5 or 6 hour time difference from my EDT. Hawaii maybe.
It was 11:09 PM here on the west coast. I have been at it as late as 2:09 AM, though.
OCD forever!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H
Gear in this thread - Kht1005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page