"Official" Audyssey thread (FAQ in post #51779) - Page 2502 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #75031 of 75032 Unread Today, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
One simple thing is to display the graph not as an average but an overlay of all the individual plots that comprise the average. Then you can see what's actually happening at each point in space. It is possible that the dip is a nasty phase interaction that only exists over a small area and disappears a short distance away. This could indicate a simple fix may be a slightly adjustment of seating location.

Also just in case -- make sure you do NOT smooth the measurements prior to the RMS average. You want to average the unsmoothed plots and then AFTER averaging apply any smoothing. Otherwise it is "over smoothed".

IMO is the anomaly only exists at a small point in space and things look normal a short distance left or right I wouldn't sweat it too much.
I know I have work to do, but this is from late last night...as you can see the right seat next to MLP is cool....the MLP and LEFT SEAT are not so great. This is POST sub tweak, but what I did wrong is do all this with Audyssey off...meaning I got best RAW SUB response, then I did sub tweak to integrate to center, then I turned on Audyssey. Anyways...I will start over, but this is a bit larger a hole that I want (would you agree)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #75032 of 75032 Unread Today, 10:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1548 Post(s)
Liked: 1832
Looks like you just need to sit in the left seat

It's going to take some experimentation for sure. Ideally with 4 subs you'd be able to control that kind of spatial variation but clearly there is some phase interaction around the xover frequency.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H
Gear in this thread - Kht1005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page