"Official" Audyssey thread (FAQ in post #51779) - Page 2503 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #75061 of 75061 Old Today, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Wanted to share some results after performing Sub Distance Tweak provided by Keith.

I performed this tweak yesterday. I already had subs placed in best place possible before so didn't have to move subs. But I moved my center to give me better response. I garra say, my center channel response is as good as it gets when it comes to channel with sub integration .

Just the fact that we take separate reading of each channel from sub is a great advice. All along, I have had a dip around 60Hz for Left and Right and I thought I was because of subs. After I took reading of speakers (without sub), it turned out that its my speaker . Left Has a dip around 60 hz and right around 70Hz. Left is no issue because that dip get overlapped with sub but I couldn't get rid of 70 Hz. After running Audyssey, it was still there but its like only 2Hz wide ( I think barely noticeable).

I also realized that I should have crossed my subs at 60 instead 80. At 80, it was 3 db below actual speaker response.

After final calibration, the system sounds amazing. Bass has never sounded so well. Its like so tied now. Almost no booming. I'd say almost because I only watched one movie for 20 minutes. I don't know what did the trick. May the cross over from 80-60.

But what ever it is, I thank Keith very much for sharing his knowledge with us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H
Gear in this thread - Kht1005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page