"Official" Audyssey thread (FAQ in post #51779) - Page 2518 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #75511 of 75513 Unread Today, 05:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4141 Post(s)
Liked: 3116
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaranddeeman View Post
Thanks Jerry.
I will try that sub test you mentioned.
Looked at the Seatons. Wow, I fainted. It's way out of my league. My max reach would be the SVS PB-1000. But thanks for suggestion.

Thing is, with Submersives they will be the last subs you ever buy. So while they are expensive up front, over time and money saved on upgraditis, they might actually work out cheaper in the long run. Well, that's how I justified it to myself anyway LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #75512 of 75513 Unread Today, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post
LOL. Audyssey can never be wrong. Audyssey is infallible.
Once again your ugly prejudicial words not his. Are you new at this?
mogorf likes this.
post #75513 of 75513 Unread Today, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaranddeeman View Post
Looks like my sub is (still) alive.
After doing what Keith has said and with 2.5dB boost, it's not so bad.
May be I was pushing the sub way too hard??
Thanks everyone for the help.

Good news that your sub appears to be undamaged and that the tweak you made helps. It does sound as if you were simply pushing it too hard, and you may be in good shape again, at least for a while. You mentioned SVS. They make very good subs; not in the Submersive class, but I believe still an excellent value overall. I think as a longer term strategy, it might be worthwhile looking at an upgrade to get lower/louder bass. If you do, also take a look at some of the SVS cylinders: the PC12-NSD or the Plus. You can sometimes find very good deals on used ones as people either trade up or move to smaller places where they can't use them anymore.

I believe I remember seeing you over on the Atmos thread. If so, you probably really enjoy the movie experience, and getting more/better bass might be an important aspect of that. Going from your current 300 watt sub to even a single Submersive (much less a pair) would be like going from a Pinto to a Ferrari. But the advice to consider an upgrade may still be perfectly valid. You may just need to approach it a little more gradually. I hope you don't mind me weighing in on this.

Regards,
Mike
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H
Gear in this thread - Kht1005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page