"Official" Audyssey thread (FAQ in post #51779) - Page 2529 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #75841 of 75843 Unread Today, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2607 Post(s)
Liked: 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
I have an Audyssey / room correction question. Why doesn't the system measure the room again after the filters are created to check its results? We all know that it doesn't always get it right for various reasons and rooms can be unpredictable. Accuracy could be improved if the system could compare the results to its targets, and make further fine adjustments if necessary.
Pretty simple answer, if you think about it. It would be impossible to place the microphone back in exactly the same spots that the measurements were taken. Since results can vary significantly, depending on where the mic is placed, they would not be valid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #75842 of 75843 Unread Today, 09:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 104
"...the Level Calibration for your subwoofer will be within a range from about -3.0dB to +3.0dB..."
Should I aim for 0db? Is 0 db the perfect value?

Also, I havemy speakers very closeto the rerar wall and tv. Should I separate the speakes from the wall and tv at least 10 cm? Last time I ran audissey it seleced 40hz crossover, while my speakers are rated for 60hz - 80hz effective-.
post #75843 of 75843 Unread Today, 10:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
Pretty simple answer, if you think about it. It would be impossible to place the microphone back in exactly the same spots that the measurements were taken. Since results can vary significantly, depending on where the mic is placed, they would not be valid.
That is a good point.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H
Gear in this thread - Kht1005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page