"Official" Audyssey thread (FAQ in post #51779) - Page 2543 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #76261 of 76272 Old 06-23-2015, 08:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4518 Post(s)
Liked: 3351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosebox View Post
Yes, I literally only read d)3. for some reason, even though I read the table of contents. I admit my mistake! Please have mercy, I ask for forgiveness from the Audyssey Gods!
LOL. No need to beg for mercy ... just wanted to be sure you were good to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #76262 of 76272 Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I am seriously considering getting the "audyssey installer pro kit" for my soon arriving Marantz AV8802
However, I do not seem to be able to locate any place to get one (no luck searching this tread).
If anyone knows where to get this kit or has a used one they are considering selling, please p.m. me

Thanks
post #76263 of 76272 Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM

I am seriously considering getting the "audyssey installer pro kit" for my soon arriving Marantz AV8802
However, I do not seem to be able to locate any place to get one (no luck searching this tread).
If anyone knows where to get this kit or has a used one they are considering selling, please p.m. me

Thanks
post #76264 of 76272 Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Liked: 602
"Official" Audyssey thread (FAQ in post #51779)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionyz View Post

Thanks

I know @kbarnes701 used to have it and switched to Dirac. Might see if he wants to let it go.

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
post #76265 of 76272 Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 4518 Post(s)
Liked: 3351
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
I know @kbarnes701 used to have it and switched to Dirac. Might see if he wants to let it go.

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
I do still have mine but the carriage to the US would be quite costly I'd think, making it more or less as much as new kit.

If @Dionyz sends an email to scott@techht.com (or his AVS user name is getgray if a PM is easier), Scott will sort it out for him as he is a distributor of the Pro Kit. Tell him Keith sent you and he will give you a good deal
post #76266 of 76272 Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East, dts:x Films: Under the Skin, 3D, Birdman, X_Machina, The Zero Theorem, Interstellar
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 4817 Post(s)
Liked: 1978
...Or he can go in the Classifieds section of the forums.
post #76267 of 76272 Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionyz View Post

Thanks
Info on where to buy, is in the Audyssey Pro Installer kit thread FAQ.

The Audyssey Pro Installer Kit Thread (FAQ in post #1)

Or you can purchase from AVS member "GetGray", through TechHt. Contact at scott@techht
post #76268 of 76272 Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM

Thanks kbarnes701 & Johnia

NorthSky - really ??? That is the first place I looked, however, there were no sellers in the last 5 months.
post #76269 of 76272 Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East, dts:x Films: Under the Skin, 3D, Birdman, X_Machina, The Zero Theorem, Interstellar
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 4817 Post(s)
Liked: 1978
Did you also check eBay?
post #76270 of 76272 Old Today, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Subwoofer settings for Audyssey set up

Hi, I have an old Energy EPS-12 sub with 3 dials:

#1 . Low frequency Equalization
#2 . subwoofer level
#3 . subwoofer roll off frequency

I understand that the level should be set midway at 12 o'clock and possibly the roll off frequency at 150? Not absolutely positive on that one.
Can anyone tell me what the #1 and # 3 dials should be set at to run Audyssey setup? I couldn't find any reference to a low frequency equalization setting in any posts.
Thanks so much
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sub.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	795370  
post #76271 of 76272 Old Today, 05:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1801 Post(s)
Liked: 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachongo View Post
Hi, I have an old Energy EPS-12 sub with 3 dials:

#1 . Low frequency Equalization
#2 . subwoofer level
#3 . subwoofer roll off frequency

I understand that the level should be set midway at 12 o'clock and possibly the roll off frequency at 150? Not absolutely positive on that one.
Can anyone tell me what the #1 and # 3 dials should be set at to run Audyssey setup? I couldn't find any reference to a low frequency equalization setting in any posts.
Thanks so much
Turn the "roll-off frequency" knob all the way up to get it out of the way

The level, I would actually start at around 1/3 instead of 1/2, but that's something you have to play with (just make sure you don't get maxed out at -12dB after Audyssey)

The "equalization" knob (as the little picture next to the knob indicates) is a mid-bass boost, basically sacrificing flat response and low frequency extension for more "slam" with a bump in the mid bass. However, Audyssey attempts to EQ your subwoofer FLAT, so if you add a bump in the mid-bass, Audyssey MultEQ will waste resources trying to flatten the bump out. In other words, set that knob to the minimum (0) setting so the response is as flat as possible. Then, AFTER calibration, you can play with that knob if you want to get a little more oomph with explosions in movies and stuff.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #76272 of 76272 Unread Today, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Turn the "roll-off frequency" knob all the way up to get it out of the way

The level, I would actually start at around 1/3 instead of 1/2, but that's something you have to play with (just make sure you don't get maxed out at -12dB after Audyssey)

The "equalization" knob (as the little picture next to the knob indicates) is a mid-bass boost, basically sacrificing flat response and low frequency extension for more "slam" with a bump in the mid bass. However, Audyssey attempts to EQ your subwoofer FLAT, so if you add a bump in the mid-bass, Audyssey MultEQ will waste resources trying to flatten the bump out. In other words, set that knob to the minimum (0) setting so the response is as flat as possible. Then, AFTER calibration, you can play with that knob if you want to get a little more oomph with explosions in movies and stuff.
Fantastic, thank you so much! I just saw this post as I got off of batpigworld :-). That is an incredible site, a huge help and an entertaining read! Thanks again.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H
Gear in this thread - Kht1005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page