"Official" Audyssey thread (FAQ in post #51779) - Page 2545 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #76321 of 76326 Unread Today, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post
I was going to say exactly the same thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #76322 of 76326 Unread Today, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogorf View Post
I think you are going around in circules with all the different AVRs in mind. Should you need help and advice you have come to the right place. A couple of photos of your room setup would enable experienced members here to get you on the right track. Something like a "cold setup" of your speakers prior to running Audyssey calibration will surely do justice for a better acoustic experience.

Just my thoughts.
I can't help it, I go around in circles with all toy purchases like this. You should have seen me when I was trying to choose wheels and exhaust for my Mustang. Here's a pic of my room. Hoping to be in a house that isn't so crammed in less than 12 months though. Pulled the screens off the speakers so you can see how much is hidden behind the furniture. On the left side, the end of that couch is about 15" away from the speaker. ON the right side, that chair is about 30" away from the speaker. Not ideal, but the best possible setup for this room with the furniture we have. Picture taken from my main listening position.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1805 (2).jpg
Views:	6
Size:	365.8 KB
ID:	817906  
post #76323 of 76326 Unread Today, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01svtL View Post
I can't help it, I go around in circles with all toy purchases like this. You should have seen me when I was trying to choose wheels and exhaust for my Mustang. Here's a pic of my room. Hoping to be in a house that isn't so crammed in less than 12 months though. Pulled the screens off the speakers so you can see how much is hidden behind the furniture. On the left side, the end of that couch is about 15" away from the speaker. ON the right side, that chair is about 30" away from the speaker. Not ideal, but the best possible setup for this room with the furniture we have. Picture taken from my main listening position.
Thanks for the pic. If it were up to me I would put the two Klipsch towers just next to the cabinet, toe them in to face MLP, move the basket and the sub out of the way. Then run Audyssey again.

Last edited by mogorf; Today at 05:07 PM.
post #76324 of 76326 Unread Today, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogorf View Post
Thanks for the pic. If it were up to me I would put the two Klipsch towers just next to the cabinet, move the basket and the sub out of the way. Then run Audyssey again.
I thought about that, but then the towers would be narrower than the ends of the couch that I sit on, and I would HAVE to sit dead center on the couch at all times, right? (If sitting against either arm rest on the couch instead of dead center, I would then be directly in front of a tower speaker, whereas currently I can sit against the armrest and still be more in front of the center channel than the towers) At least with them spread out like they are, I can lay down on the couch and still be inside the two and make out L and R channel separation. Not to mention, anyone sitting on the couch on the left (which does happen) or in the chair on the right, would be outside the soundfield all together, and the closest tower would completely drown out everything else. That's my thinking, anyway...

BTW, I currently have the base Audyssey EQ with the Marantz SR6004. The 6008 has EQXT and the X4000 has XT32 (the two I'm hung up on).
post #76325 of 76326 Unread Today, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I thought about that, but then the towers would be narrower than the ends of the couch that I sit on, and I would HAVE to sit dead center on the couch at all times, right? (If sitting against either arm rest on the couch instead of dead center, I would then be directly in front of a tower speaker, whereas currently I can sit against the armrest and still be more in front of the center channel than the towers) At least with them spread out like they are, I can lay down on the couch and still be inside the two and make out L and R channel separation. Not to mention, anyone sitting on the couch on the left (which does happen) or in the chair on the right, would be outside the soundfield all together, and the closest tower would completely drown out everything else. That's my thinking, anyway...

BTW, I currently have the base Audyssey EQ with the Marantz SR6004. The 6008 has EQXT and the X4000 has XT32 (the two I'm hung up on).
Audyssey is designed to make corrections for a multi-seat environment, worry not about where you are sitting on the couch. BTW, this would be what I would call experimenting.
post #76326 of 76326 Unread Today, 05:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:

Given what you have said about preferring Marantz and also wanting XT-32, why don't you wait awhile, save your money, and get a 7008. I would definitely recommend XT-32, whether in a Denon or a Marantz. But psychological satisfaction is an important aspect of our enjoyment of both cars and audio systems. If you prefer Marantz, just wait awhile longer. The price on the 7008 has already come down quite a bit since the 7009 (with Atmos) came out. If you shop carefully, you may be able to have your cake and eat it too.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H
Gear in this thread - Kht1005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page