"Official" Audyssey thread (FAQ in post #51779) - Page 2566 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #76951 of 76961 Old 08-26-2015, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badas View Post
When you say DEQ are you referring to Dynamic EQ? If so that might explain the muddy sound. As it will be pumping up the bass in those low frequencies.

Air in treble is a funny thing isn't it? Once I played with a tubes I understood air. I had never liked treble until I heard a tube render it so sweetly with ambiance. After hearing what tubes could do I look for it in all my equipment now. Dangerous game tubes tho. I have $5K worth of spare NOS* tubes.

*New old stock.
Any 12ax7s you wannna spare ........................... my guitar amp could use some good NOS magic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #76952 of 76961 Old 08-26-2015, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
Any 12ax7s you wannna spare ........................... my guitar amp could use some good NOS magic
I would if I had them.
post #76953 of 76961 Old 08-26-2015, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I would if I had them.
I was teasing you. I do however know all about tubes. In the guitar world it's called "chasing tone"
post #76954 of 76961 Old 08-26-2015, 05:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
I was teasing you. I do however know all about tubes. In the guitar world it's called "chasing tone"
I knew you were. However I'm the type of guy that would have passed you some. I often do at headphone meets.

Chasing a sound is fun. I bought loads and loads of tubes before having the desired arrangement (power, rectifier and drive tubes). Once I found my desired sound I purchased 14 sets of everything. 70 years worth. My lifetime.
post #76955 of 76961 Old 08-26-2015, 10:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I knew you were. However I'm the type of guy that would have passed you some. I often do at headphone meets.

Chasing a sound is fun. I bought loads and loads of tubes before having the desired arrangement (power, rectifier and drive tubes). Once I found my desired sound I purchased 14 sets of everything. 70 years worth. My lifetime.
You're a kind soul I totally get the "desired combination" thing...... it's very similar in guitar amps. I wish I had stockpiled a bunch of NOS tubes years ago. Guitar players seek a different thing tube amp wise than audiophiles....... we want some break up at the right point in our power tubes......... that singing sustained harmonically rich guitar sound that permeates classic rock ........ tube distortion Sorry if I've temporarily derailed the thread
Badas likes this.
post #76956 of 76961 Old 08-27-2015, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 672
Brain fart here. I had been using my display for a few days, and just setup some new gear. I ran XT32 setup with the tv cranked up pretty good, but I am assuming the test tones go to the pre outs and speaker terminals only and would have nothing to do with anything passing thru the displays speakers and mucking with auto eq? I usually leave the displays speakers disabled.

Panasonic VT50 / Sony S7200
Denon AVR-4520CI
Klipsch RF-7II and RC-64II
Dual Rythmik FV15HP's
post #76957 of 76961 Old 08-27-2015, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 650 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Brain fart here. I had been using my display for a few days, and just setup some new gear. I ran XT32 setup with the tv cranked up pretty good, but I am assuming the test tones go to the pre outs and speaker terminals only and would have nothing to do with anything passing thru the displays speakers and mucking with auto eq? I usually leave the displays speakers disabled.
What exactly did you do? Apart from brain f@rt?
post #76958 of 76961 Old 08-27-2015, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogorf View Post
What exactly did you do? Apart from brain f@rt?
Just second guessing myself. Wanted to make sure audyssey sweeps werent passed on to the tv speakers thru HDMI and messed with the auto eq for my speakers connected to the AVR.

Panasonic VT50 / Sony S7200
Denon AVR-4520CI
Klipsch RF-7II and RC-64II
Dual Rythmik FV15HP's
post #76959 of 76961 Old 08-27-2015, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 650 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Just second guessing myself. Wanted to make sure audyssey sweeps werent passed on to the tv speakers thru HDMI and messed with the auto eq for my speakers connected to the AVR.
Hope all's OK by now! Enjoy!
post #76960 of 76961 Old 08-27-2015, 07:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:

If I understand your question correctly, Audyssey test tones are played only through the speakers hooked up to your AVR and enabled in your Speaker Configuration Menu. You can track the sweeps as they play through the speakers, and see the virtual speaker display on your screen. If your TV has built-in speakers, those are disabled anyway once you turn on your AVR. So, you're good.
gadgtfreek likes this.
post #76961 of 76961 Old Today, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am trying to improve tonal balance for music listening.
My whole music library has ReplayGain tags calculated for 89dB reference.
However Audyssey's DynamicEQ works with 75dB reference.

Do I need to somehow account for the 14dB difference?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H
Gear in this thread - Kht1005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page