"Official" Audyssey thread (FAQ in post #51779) - Page 2596 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
Old Today, 03:11 AM
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
You can't really make that call by looking at graphs. Dynamic EQ is meant to maintain balance of sound (not on a chart, but how human hearing works) at lower volumes. That means to keep things sounding the same at low volume as they did at calibrated volume levels, a bass and treble boost is needed. I'm of the opinion that it does a good job at its primary mission.
At my home and on my equipment dynEQ OFF sounds better than it ON to my ears at least...i know the + and - of it but i am more keen on keeping it off as i really dislike the boost (especially of surrounds)...but if i would have to listen at -25 below reference then i think it would make sense...to each his own i guess

Marantz sr7008 (running 9.2 audyssey DSX, DTS:NEO X), monitor audio bx6,bx center,bx fx (4x),bx1,sub SVS sb13ultra (2x), panasonic 60asw654
Sponsored Links

Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H