"Official" Audyssey thread (FAQ in post #51779) - Page 2598 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #77911 of 77911 Old Today, 01:06 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post

That's a very insightful post, and everything you said makes sense to me, which may be scary in itself.
Right back at you!

It is very plausible that tweeter brightness is (almost) always a combination of factors, some not correctable, some partially correctable, and some, with luck, nearly fully correctable by Audyssey. On some beautiful recordings, I actually don't mind, and sometimes like, a bright tweeter. Another preference, not reference, quirk!

I wish I was a member of the forum back when Chris K was a contributor. I think I was reading him over on Ask Audyssey about that time.

In an attempt to help Audyssey to work better, I followed the advice of a room treatment poster to have absorption on side walls where a line flat across the face of the tweeter would hit the side walls, and 2 feet farther into the room from there, as well as 2 feet above and below the tweeter height. Of course, there also would be a need for absorption (or extreme diffusion) at the first reflection points which are generally a few feet nearer the listeners. In addition, we have some diffusers elsewhere in the room, as well as book shelves. It sounds good, better than the systems of my local friends, although I don't know very many audiophiles or HT people.
Sponsored Links
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H
Gear in this thread - Kht1005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page