"Official" Audyssey thread (FAQ in post #51779) - Page 2655 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3431Likes
Closed Thread

post #79621 of 79638 Old 03-23-2016, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1490 Post(s)
Liked: 1678
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylJosie View Post
But that is just the engineer in me talking. I always worry that a defective design will electrocute someone, collapse in an earthquake, or stop the sun from rising in the morning.

Hi,

LOL! I tend to be the opposite. I think of it as being pragmatic, but then again, I'll probably be the one electrocuted by a defective design.

I remember your struggle to make Audyssey work, and I have read, on a couple of other threads, about your alternative approach. I have long since become convinced that Audyssey can't work well for everyone, in every room. But, like you, I would expect it to work better as the overall frequency response in the room improves due to acoustical treatments. Still, in the end, it comes down to what sounds better to you. I hope that you will be able to get some benefit from it at some point. I remain convinced that it can be helpful in the modal region in most rooms, although there may potentially be trade-offs in other parts of the frequency range.

Hopefully, your acoustical treatments will neutralize any negative effects higher, while letting you enjoy the benefits of automated EQ below about 200Hz. In my large room, I don't have any real issues with early reflections, but even with bass traps, XT-32 provides some additional clarity that I would hate to be without. If I had to trade that for some issues higher up in the frequency spectrum, though, I'm not sure what I would choose.

Regards,
Mike
garygarrison likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #79622 of 79638 Old 03-23-2016, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 365
If Audyssey had a switch to limit EQ at say 200, 300 and/or 500hz it would be perfect...... Easy to use, no external hardware other than the AVR and mic needed and fully automatic. Just need to be able to eliminate the harshness that some people hear with Audyssey in their own rooms.
mogorf likes this.

Samsung UN60D6420 ~ DirecTV HR-44 ~ Sony S5100 BD ~ Roku 3 ~ Denon AVR-X3200W ~ SVS Prime Bookshelf L/R ~ SVS Prime Satellite Surrounds ~ MultEQ XT L/R Bypass ~ Power Sound Audio XV15
post #79623 of 79638 Old 03-23-2016, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Liked: 526
Sorry Guys for this off-topic again, but I need to come back to the issue (read: pain) on non-functioning of the Edit feature. I've already reported my own post to the admins (mods) but still no resolution. Meantime, recenty I've posted on other threads and to my greatest surprise over there the Edit button works. It seems to me to be a glitch only at the this Audyssey thread. I'm on Firefox (45.0.1), but I don't think its a brower issue.

Anyone with any idea? Thx.
garygarrison likes this.
post #79624 of 79638 Old 03-23-2016, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogorf View Post
Sorry Guys for this off-topic again, but I need to come back to the issue (read: pain) on non-functioning of the Edit feature. I've already reported my own post to the admins (mods) but still no resolution. Meantime, recenty I've posted on other threads and to my greatest surprise over there the Edit button works. It seems to me to be a glitch only at the this Audyssey thread. I'm on Firefox (45.0.1), but I don't think its a brower issue.

Anyone with any idea? Thx.
Same here Feri. This is the only thread that I can't edit, and worse yet, it sometimes takes my 3-4 tries to actually get my post to go through........ and if I don't copy it before, and it doesn't go through, I lose all of my post and have to start over.

Only this thread.
mogorf and garygarrison like this.

Samsung UN60D6420 ~ DirecTV HR-44 ~ Sony S5100 BD ~ Roku 3 ~ Denon AVR-X3200W ~ SVS Prime Bookshelf L/R ~ SVS Prime Satellite Surrounds ~ MultEQ XT L/R Bypass ~ Power Sound Audio XV15
post #79625 of 79638 Old 03-23-2016, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bone View Post
If Audyssey had a switch to limit EQ at say 200, 300 and/or 500hz it would be perfect...... Easy to use, no external hardware other than the AVR and mic needed and fully automatic. Just need to be able to eliminate the harshness that some people hear with Audyssey in their own rooms.
D Bone, for this purpose once on this thread I recommended to put MultEQ at second place after XT32. It has the same 128x filter resolution for the subwoofer channel as XT, but does less in the satellite department (2x instead of 16x). Just a thought!

post #79626 of 79638 Old 03-23-2016, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Same here Feri. This is the only thread that I can't edit, and worse yet, it sometimes takes my 3-4 tries to actually get my post to go through........ and if I don't copy it before, and it doesn't go through, I lose all of my post and have to start over.

Only this thread.

Did you also report the problem? The more report the more attention we may get. Hopefully!
garygarrison likes this.
post #79627 of 79638 Old 03-23-2016, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
D Bone, for this purpose once on this thread I recommended to put MultEQ at second place after XT32. It has the same 128x filter resolution for the subwoofer channel as XT, but does less in the satellite department (2x instead of 16x). Just a thought!
That's one way I guess, but I like my idea better.
mogorf likes this.

post #79628 of 79638 Old 03-23-2016, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi Feri,

I think it's been going on for about two months now, and although I also use Firefox and can't edit on this thread with two different computers, I don't think its a browser issue either. I can edit my posts fine on any other threads.

A couple of months ago, the whole website was experiencing problems, including notification issues. I think it was at about that same time that it went from sometimes being difficult to edit posts on this thread, to being impossible to do so. I may look back at some older posts of mine to see when I was last able to edit here. But if I find out anything, I will have to put my results in a new post.

Regards,
Mike
post #79629 of 79638 Old 03-23-2016, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Forgot to add - and lord knows I couldn't edit - I use Chrome. < FYI, this post took 3 times to go through. >

post #79630 of 79638 Old 03-23-2016, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Forgot to add - and lord knows I couldn't edit - I use Chrome. < FYI, this post took 3 times to go through. >
Even though I hit "Like" it doesn't mean I like it!
D Bone likes this.
post #79631 of 79638 Old 03-23-2016, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 795 Post(s)
Liked: 1700
Quote:

Only this thread.
yes I see it too, and reported it

the issue is simple: the first post in this thread is from 2007

thread is simply too big....
mogorf likes this.

please take the high road in every post
Please do not respond to or quote a problematic post: report it to Mods to handle
new forum:High Dynamic Range (HDR) & Wide Color Gamut (WCG)
MQA anyone?
Marantz NA8005 for sale
post #79632 of 79638 Old 03-23-2016, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post
yes I see it too, and reported it

the issue is simple: the first post in this thread is from 2007

thread is simply too big....
Dear Mark,

Me thinks the other threads are too small! Kudos to AVS for allowing and maintaing such a thread where particular enthusiast can congregate! A minor problem like this Edit malfunction I'm sure can be easily healed!

Best!
D Bone likes this.
post #79633 of 79638 Old 03-23-2016, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Dear Mark,

Me thinks the other threads are too small! Kudos to AVS for allowing and maintaing such a thread where particular enthusiast can congregate! A minor problem like this Edit malfunction I'm sure can be easily healed!

Best!

That's funny, Feri! I went back in the thread, and it appears that we have been unable to edit for only about a month, although it seems longer to me. This thread has always had some glitches due to its length, but completely losing the edit function seems to me to be related to the overall website issues that we were experiencing a few weeks ago. If nothing else, there was a coincidence of timing.
D Bone, mogorf and garygarrison like this.
post #79634 of 79638 Old 03-23-2016, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Liked: 616
Someone create a Part II thread. The software is bogging down on this which will continue to get worse.

Mike Lang
Administrator
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Join the AVS Club and help support the site. Help Support AVS Forum Sponsors.
post #79635 of 79638 Old 03-23-2016, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lang View Post
Someone create a Part II thread. The software is bogging down on this which will continue to get worse.
Mike, that would be a great idea. Meantime, can the admins at AVS support the idea to put "Part II" into the "Sticky" right below "Part I" and keep it there. That would help enormously, I think, since this is the very most popular, long time and most frequently visited thread here on AVS. Seed for thought! Thanks for your help!
garygarrison likes this.
post #79636 of 79638 Old 03-23-2016, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lang View Post

Mike,

If someone did do that, would there be any drawbacks that you can see? I assume that links to the Set-Up Guide and the FAQ would still work, or perhaps they could even be imported into the beginning of the new thread. I wouldn't be too worried about losing thread search capabilities as the thread is so long as to make those pretty impractical anyway.

If you closed this thread, once the new one was up and running, would there be some kind of message re-directing people to Part II? Unfortunately, I am just trying to explore the issue, and not volunteering to start a new thread. Compared to many people on the Forum, I'm a bit of a doofus about this sort of thing. But, we have plenty of tech savvy people on the thread who could probably do it if the posting/editing situation is not going to improve, and may as you suggested, continue to worsen over time.

Regards,
Mike
post #79637 of 79638 Old 03-23-2016, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Liked: 616
Continue to "Official" Audyssey thread Part II
markrubin, pepar, pbarach and 2 others like this.

Mike Lang
Administrator
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Join the AVS Club and help support the site. Help Support AVS Forum Sponsors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Receivers Amplifiers , Kef Kht1005 2se 5 1 Subwoofer Satellite System With C4 Subwoofer Gloss White , 5 6 7 1 7 2 Or 8 1 8 2 One Or Two Subwoofer Compatible 16 Banana Post 2 Rca Speaker Wall Plate For H

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page