My local guy has a 3808 for me on the way but I am still torn between that and the 4308. HELP! I'd love some input on what value the differences in the units has (how the differences would be used/benefited).
Here is what I know/think. Please add anything I have missed and give me your opinion on the value of the extras.
1) 130 vs 140 watts per channel - not sure 10 watts would make that much of a difference. Any difference in amp construction, etc?
2) AL24+ vs Advanced AL24 processing - a little better processing, but how noticeable?
3) HD Radio (4308) - nice to have better clarity radio
4) 1 vs 2 HDMI outputs - Parallel so same source on both. Nice if you have an HD in the bathroom so you don't miss any of the big game, but how might one really use this?
5) Discrete video out on component to Zone 2 (4308) - makes zone 2 also have independent video as well as audio sourcing. Nice so you don't have to have separate stuff in another room. But how far can you really run component cables?
5b) 3808 can do discrete video out on Zone 2, but only composite...
6) WiFi capability - nice if you don't have a wire run, but wouldn't think it would be that great for streaming large files
7) Streaming - some specs say 3808 can't do JPEG. Not sure if there is any difference in the streaming capabilities of the two units. Can they ONLY do WMP or is iTunes supported? (I'm a Mac user...)
Right now I have a 3300 for my main theater and a Russound setup that runs the rest of the house (audio only - 6 zone 4 source). It would be nice to have video ability in another location based on the main equipment, but not sure of the feasibility based on length of wire runs, etc. and the Denon won't replace the Russound as it can't handle the same zones/sources.
I know this is subjective, but I would appreciate any input you can give on the 4308 over the 3808 (or vice versa).