Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1355 Old 11-07-2007, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanoid1 View Post

Seems to be the logic in their naming convention.

Okay...but is there a RTM timeline? or specs? I cant find anything written about it anywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1355 Old 11-09-2007, 12:12 PM

Sorry to be jumping all over the place

How does the 8001 2-channel performance hold up against the mid-fi stereo amps? It's time to replace my NAD integrated with an AVR, but I really don't want to take anything away from the bank account dump I did to buy Monitor Audio main speakers for stereo music. I'm nervous about buying one of the usual Crutchfield suspects - Denon, Yamaha, or Onkyo - they seem to be more about HT features than pure audio. I'd be happy with the B&K 507 or NAD T785, but I can't afford even the $1800 steals that are out there on those models. After some research, the SR8001 got my attention. Does anyone know enough about the amp section design or done any A/B stereo comparisons who could comment? Thanks.
post #633 of 1355 Old 11-09-2007, 05:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I own a denon 3808, and was thinking upgrading or/down to denon 7002 for 2 HDMIs out so I could calibrate 2 outputs! 7002 does not have a component to hdmi, transcoder and no upscaler, plus less watt/channel..would that be wise or unwise.
post #634 of 1355 Old 11-10-2007, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

I own a denon 3308, and was thinking upgrading or/down to denon 7002 for 2 HDMIs out so I could calibrate 2 outputs! 7002 does not have a component to hdmi, transcoder and no upscaler, plus less watt/channel..would that be wise or unwise.

Not sure if you making a statement or asking a question

Here is a bit of info from the Marantz thread. This should also apply to the 7002.

"The SR8002 doesn't upconvert to 1080p as there is no need to do that.
You digital display device will naturally scale all resolutions to its
native rate any way. Plus, all cable boxes, most DVD players and game
systems scale as well so...

The SR8002 will take a composite, S Video or Component and transcode it
to HDMI. From there, you have the choice to run HDMI 480i or 480p to
your display and then, it will of course scale to its native rate.
Also, the SR8002 video circuitry will handle a 1080p signal but it
doesn't process it, it just passes it through."

Purchase one from a place that allows returns without an issue and try it and see if it fits your needs.

Cheers,

Ray
post #635 of 1355 Old 11-12-2007, 06:55 PM

Liked: 11
hi i am fairly new to audio of today - i havnt been keeping up with the times but i am ready to get a nice decent receiver for good music and hook it to a flat screen and add surround speakers etc. later on - for now i will be using just two Klipsch - old classics i love - i am curious to know more about this model - SR5002 - its a new model - i went to harveys but they had the higher model to listen to - was very nice - is the SR5002 a good unit - i want good stereo for music CDs etc. is it powerful enough - good quality etc. - i know other receivers like Onkyo etc. offer so many features - etc. but i rather have better quality sound than features - i wanted to listen to the new NAD's - they didnt have in stock yet - and the dealer took to Marantz models -

belieave or not - i have a old Soundcraftmans AMP PCR 800 model if anyone remembers those - just Two channels and its still kicking really good - 15 years and no problems with that -

so bottom line - since i want to get back into audio and video but more audio -- would the SR5002 satisfy my needs of good audio from stereo and make it a 5.1 in the future - does anyone know if the amps are running in Class A or Class AB - etc. - also if they can be bridged or just bi amped ? and how good the power supply is compared to other recievers in that price range -

its about $750 - which is not a bad price - i went there with the NAD in mind for $2000 -- but i really dont think i need all those features -- also confusing is the Marantz site says HDMI V1.3 - and HDMI V1.1 -- what does that mean - does it have 1.3 or 1.1 ? i will be using it with a Oppo 981 player and hooked to a Sony 46 inch - not sure which model yet - looking at the W - xbr too over priced and i like the thin bezel -

so will this work out for me and would i be happy with the sound , power and quality of this model marantz ?

Also who really makes it - i do see made in the china also in the back ? i though this was German for some reason ?

any ideas or suggestions on other Receivers in this price range - i am willing to go higher if i feel its worth it - but i want good or great sound for music listening
thanks -
post #636 of 1355 Old 11-12-2007, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Hi,

I have the Sr9600 and I am thinking to upgrade to the 8002 in order to take advantage of the high definition codecs decoding (dolby true hd and dts hd master audio)..
Has any of you made the comparison between these two in terms of sound?

Thanks,

Christian

My DVD and Blu Ray collection

JVC RS65, ST 130, B&W 803 Diamonds mains, B&W HTM2 Diamond center channel,B&W 805 Diamond surrounds, B&W DB1 subwoofer, Anthem D2v, Parasound Halo A51+A21,Oppo BDP 103,PS Audio Power Plant Premier,Darbee Darblet
post #637 of 1355 Old 11-13-2007, 02:33 PM

Have a newly purchased SR8001 (from an authorized dealer) with a DV7001 DVD player I got off of e-bay. My problem is connecting the DVD to the receiver and then to the HDTV via HDMI. I'm having a handshake problem where the video and audio appear for 15-30 seconds and then goes to a blank green screen (no audio or video while the disc continues to play). I theorized it to be a copyright issue from what I'd read about HDMI so I tried some pirated non-copyright discs and they play just fine. Also if I run HDMI directly to the HDTV it works fine but since my TV has only one HDMI input, that is NOT an option (I have my comcast cable dvr box connected/switched thru the receiver and it works just fine that way). I have component connected from the DVD player to the SR8001 now and upconverting to the HDMI out and that does work but it doesn't make use of the upscaling on the 7001 player so I'm not satisfied. These SHOULD be compatible! Maybe my older JVC HDTV is causing part of the issue? Have already tried different cables (using Monster M1000 so quality is NOT an issue), different HDMI inputs on the 8001, pushing just 480p with no upconversion, power conditioners, unpluging and resetting everything... NOTHING WORKS and Marantz is of NO HELP. They are CLUELESS yet I know this isn't an isolated case because someone in the AVFORUMS at audioreview had the exact same issue with an SR8001 and DV6001. I'm at the end of my rope with Marantz. The last thing was they said to bring it in to an authorized service center to get the latest firmware update on the receiver. Well I went into service mode myself and I see that it already has HDMI ver. h52 which IS the latest, correct? Could it be corrupted? Marantz insisted that there were no firmware updates for the DV7001 but I know there was one for Europe to fix a 50 to 60 Hz issue. What about for the states? Does a disc exist that can reload the firmware if it's potentially corrupt?

Thanks for reading and hope someone can help!

G

PS - I'm ready to buy a Blu-ray player and throw the DV7001 in the garbage where it belongs!!!
post #638 of 1355 Old 11-13-2007, 02:45 PM

PS - If you're on the fence about whether to spring the extra jingo for the SR*002 versions with HDMI ver. 1.3, don't be. There is no WAY I would buy anything less with all these darn HDMI compatibility issues. In fact I wouldn't buy ANYTHING unless it had ver. 1.3 AND is Simplay CERTIFIED with all the compatibility headaches I've had!!!
post #639 of 1355 Old 11-14-2007, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

I own a denon 3808, and was thinking upgrading or/down to denon 7002 for 2 HDMIs out so I could calibrate 2 outputs! 7002 does not have a component to hdmi, transcoder and no upscaler, plus less watt/channel..would that be wise or unwise.

There are quite a few issues with multi HDMI outputs being live at the same time.
I'm sure everyone is aware of the whole HDMI handshaking issue so i will just pose one circumstance that has caused problems in peoples systems.

You have your cable box going into your receiver, and receiver going out to 1) a Panasonic at 1080i AND 2) Samsung at 720p
Both displays are trying to talk back to the cable box at the same time, but they are different units with a different handshake, and therefore the cable box sees the sources and invalid and will not display a picture.

You can see how multi HDMI outputs would now become an issue. The Marantz units bypass this issue (and a WHOLE bunch of tech support calls of their receiver not working) by providing you with an EITHER/OR option of the HDMI outputs AND giving you the ability to have multiple component video outputs.
*NOTE that depending on the source device and length of cable run, component video CAN pass through a 1080p signal.

Please try and remember that I am doing this as another added level of support, & should not be relied on to check the website at a regular basis. Any pressing issues should go to our CS or Tech
post #640 of 1355 Old 11-14-2007, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalc3 View Post

Hi,

I have the Sr9600 and I am thinking to upgrade to the 8002 in order to take advantage of the high definition codecs decoding (dolby true hd and dts hd master audio)..
Has any of you made the comparison between these two in terms of sound?

Thanks,

the 8002 has all the latest and greatest bells and whistles, and IS a great receiver... Please keep in mind that the 9600 can take advantage of the 5.1/7.1 input and provide you with all the same decoding as any other receiver if your source device has the 5.1/7.1 analog outputs.
It's a bit less sexy and streamlined than the one HDMI cable, but the results are the same.
...and the 9600 rocks!!

Please try and remember that I am doing this as another added level of support, & should not be relied on to check the website at a regular basis. Any pressing issues should go to our CS or Tech
post #641 of 1355 Old 11-14-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman086 View Post

Have a newly purchased SR8001 (from an authorized dealer) with a DV7001 DVD player I got off of e-bay. My problem is connecting the DVD to the receiver and then to the HDTV via HDMI. I'm having a handshake problem where the video and audio appear for 15-30 seconds and then goes to a blank green screen (no audio or video while the disc continues to play). I theorized it to be a copyright issue from what I'd read about HDMI so I tried some pirated non-copyright discs and they play just fine. Also if I run HDMI directly to the HDTV it works fine but since my TV has only one HDMI input, that is NOT an option (I have my comcast cable dvr box connected/switched thru the receiver and it works just fine that way). I have component connected from the DVD player to the SR8001 now and upconverting to the HDMI out and that does work but it doesn't make use of the upscaling on the 7001 player so I'm not satisfied. These SHOULD be compatible! Maybe my older JVC HDTV is causing part of the issue? Have already tried different cables (using Monster M1000 so quality is NOT an issue), different HDMI inputs on the 8001, pushing just 480p with no upconversion, power conditioners, unpluging and resetting everything... NOTHING WORKS and Marantz is of NO HELP. They are CLUELESS yet I know this isn't an isolated case because someone in the AVFORUMS at audioreview had the exact same issue with an SR8001 and DV6001. I'm at the end of my rope with Marantz. The last thing was they said to bring it in to an authorized service center to get the latest firmware update on the receiver. Well I went into service mode myself and I see that it already has HDMI ver. h52 which IS the latest, correct? Could it be corrupted? Marantz insisted that there were no firmware updates for the DV7001 but I know there was one for Europe to fix a 50 to 60 Hz issue. What about for the states? Does a disc exist that can reload the firmware if it's potentially corrupt?

Thanks for reading and hope someone can help!

G

PS - I'm ready to buy a Blu-ray player and throw the DV7001 in the garbage where it belongs!!!

gman, depending on the age of your "older JVC HDTV" i would say that could definitely be an issue. Have you contacted JVC about any updates on their product???
As you know Marantz has a three year warranty on all new product, and one year on refurb, so you are more than welcome to send the units in for anything you feel necessary, however you might want to make a ph******* to JVC before tearing apart your system for something that might not be the solution.

post #642 of 1355 Old 11-14-2007, 02:47 PM

I just purchased a SR-7002 receiver and am having problems with the hdmi transcoding of a component video source. My Xbox 360 is connected via component video to the receiver which in turn is transcoding the video to my display via hdmi. When I am using the Xbox, the display will randomly flicker and go black for a few seconds and then the display will return to normal. Once this starts, the video will drop out every couple of minutes. When connected directly to the display, there are no video problems with the xbox. Unfortunately, making the direct connection requires me to disable the hdmi interface thereby rendering the hdmi switching capabilities of the receiver useless. I think the problem must be with the receiver's ability to transcode the component video to hdmi, as all of my HDMI devices all work fine when connected through the receiver. If anybody can offer any advice as to how to deal with this, that would be greatly appreciated.
post #643 of 1355 Old 11-14-2007, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS@Marantz View Post

the 8002 has all the latest and greatest bells and whistles, and IS a great receiver... Please keep in mind that the 9600 can take advantage of the 5.1/7.1 input and provide you with all the same decoding as any other receiver if your source device has the 5.1/7.1 analog outputs.
It's a bit less sexy and streamlined than the one HDMI cable, but the results are the same.
...and the 9600 rocks!!

Hi,

I know that the 9600 rocks.. The only issue is that I bought a Panasonic BD 30K and can only send the DTS HD mA and Dolby True HD to be decoded by the receiver. This player cannot decode internally. Since I love the sound of my marantz and there is no 9002 or something like that, I was trying to
get a 8002.. By doing so, what can I loose in terms of sound quality?

Christian

My DVD and Blu Ray collection

JVC RS65, ST 130, B&W 803 Diamonds mains, B&W HTM2 Diamond center channel,B&W 805 Diamond surrounds, B&W DB1 subwoofer, Anthem D2v, Parasound Halo A51+A21,Oppo BDP 103,PS Audio Power Plant Premier,Darbee Darblet
post #644 of 1355 Old 11-14-2007, 07:12 PM

this is a little off topic - i just ordered the SR7002 --
and i already have a Tripplite isobar with filtered banks - steel case power surge protector - etc. -

would this be good enough to use - or do i have to get a monster power conditioner - has anyone had any experience with these units - i read that some sound was lost from the monster when hooked up to the amp -

is there any truth to this etc. - since they cost alot of money - and i have the isobar already - is that enough to feel safe ?

thanks
post #645 of 1355 Old 11-14-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmoree View Post

I just purchased a SR-7002 receiver and am having problems with the hdmi transcoding of a component video source. My Xbox 360 is connected via component video to the receiver which in turn is transcoding the video to my display via hdmi. When I am using the Xbox, the display will randomly flicker and go black for a few seconds and then the display will return to normal. Once this starts, the video will drop out every couple of minutes. When connected directly to the display, there are no video problems with the xbox. Unfortunately, making the direct connection requires me to disable the hdmi interface thereby rendering the hdmi switching capabilities of the receiver useless. I think the problem must be with the receiver's ability to transcode the component video to hdmi, as all of my HDMI devices all work fine when connected through the receiver. If anybody can offer any advice as to how to deal with this, that would be greatly appreciated.

hi did you try calling where you got the unit or support at marantz - i know its a pain to deal with - since its brand new - but i dont think its the unit - i think theres a limit of what it can convert thru HDMI - i am not sure - but i think i read it in the manual i got online - you may want to read it again - sometimes its easy to overlook something and theres alot of features to read - hope it works out - how do you feel about this unit overall - music wise - SQ etc. - do you get any noise from the unit - HUM etc. ? post back if you can - i should get mines in a few weeks at most - also not sure if you took any pictures of the inside of the unit - if you did - please post -

thanks
post #646 of 1355 Old 11-15-2007, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expresso712 View Post

hi did you try calling where you got the unit or support at marantz - i know its a pain to deal with - since its brand new - but i dont think its the unit - i think theres a limit of what it can convert thru HDMI - i am not sure - but i think i read it in the manual i got online - you may want to read it again - sometimes its easy to overlook something and theres alot of features to read - hope it works out - how do you feel about this unit overall - music wise - SQ etc. - do you get any noise from the unit - HUM etc. ? post back if you can - i should get mines in a few weeks at most - also not sure if you took any pictures of the inside of the unit - if you did - please post -

thanks

I emailed Marantz technical support. They thought that the problem was most likely an issue with my display not properly communicating with the hdmi repeater and that I should update the firmware for the display. All of my other hdmi devices are working properly so I feel that my display is properly communicating with the hdmi repeater.

When I looked through the manual, it basically said that if you get static noise or have display problems from transcoding then the device is not compatible with hdmi upconversion which is not a satisfying answer.

As for the quality of the receiver, it is very good. I've only had the receiver for a little more than a week so I haven't had time to run it through all the tests. I bought it to replace my SR-8500 so that I could get HDMI inputs and advanced audio codecs. I've done a lot of listening and I really like the sound of the Marantz receivers as compared to other similar priced products from Pioneer and Denon. I find the sound of Marantz receivers to be more musical overall with a much fuller sound throughout the midrange. Regardless of the issues that I am having with the hdmi transcoding, I feel that this is the best receiver in its price range for sound quality.
post #647 of 1355 Old 11-15-2007, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalc3 View Post

Hi,

I know that the 9600 rocks.. The only issue is that I bought a Panasonic BD 30K and can only send the DTS HD mA and Dolby True HD to be decoded by the receiver. This player cannot decode internally. Since I love the sound of my marantz and there is no 9002 or something like that, I was trying to
get a 8002.. By doing so, what can I loose in terms of sound quality?

Thats a personal preference question... depending on your ear you may not loose anything.
And just because the SR9600 will not decode those signals internally doesnt mean that it will not be able to play the signals that are passed along from the source device using the 7.1 ch input.
My suggestion... go and listen to the SR8002, or better yet, talk with a local dealer and see if he will let you demo one in your home for a week to do some A/B testing. The only way you'll really know if you want something is to go out yourself and see and hear it.
Also... keep an eye out for things at CES, Marantz is always coming out with new products, quite possibly one of them might fit your needs

post #648 of 1355 Old 11-15-2007, 05:42 AM

Does anyone know the rated S/N for the SR7002
on the marantz site - it doest show anything -

since i just ordered one of these - it would be nice to know what the S/N for the wattage would be -

also is this unit tested with all channels drivin to determine the Wattage output ?

can it handle 4 ohm loads also - ?

thanks -
post #649 of 1355 Old 11-15-2007, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmoree View Post

Benmoree - This is a known issue with Xbox and a multitude of receivers, not just Marantz. We are working on a solution internally, and have reached out to other manufacturers who have been having the same problem. It seems to have something to do with the way the Xbox is outputting their component video signal. This issue doesn't seem to happen with an composite or s-vid signal output from the Xbox. We will keep you posted if there are any findings, however it seems to be a firmware issue with the Microsoft piece being that it is happening on a variety of manufacturers

post #650 of 1355 Old 11-15-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS@Marantz View Post

Benmoree - This is a known issue with Xbox and a multitude of receivers, not just Marantz. We are working on a solution internally, and have reached out to other manufacturers who have been having the same problem. It seems to have something to do with the way the Xbox is outputting their component video signal. This issue doesn't seem to happen with an composite or s-vid signal output from the Xbox. We will keep you posted if there are any findings, however it seems to be a firmware issue with the Microsoft piece being that it is happening on a variety of manufacturers

Thanks for the response. I'll try to touch base with MS to see if they have any suggestions.
post #651 of 1355 Old 11-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

JS,

Can you please outline what is updated for the SR7001 through all versions of the firmware? I am debating whether or not it is worth the hassle of sending my new unit in for the updates.

Thanks.
post #652 of 1355 Old 11-15-2007, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 38
Can somone update me real quick as I'm a newbie in terms of what's out on the HDMI front these days, and I'm looking to update to an "affordable audiophile grade receiver"... and having lived with my (good sounding) B&K integrated for so long, I can't tolerate the bright/flat sound of most Japanese receivers.

Looking for:

* under $2K
* HDMI 1.3
* Decoding of advanced TrueHD and DTS-HD MA streams
* Pass-through of 1080p to act as HDMI switch-box.
* sweet, smooth, and airy top-end for decent music reproduction especially when in 2.0 stereo with CD.

Is there a Marantz model that fits the bill? I'm going to audition the new Pioneer Elite (91) next week.

1080p and lossless audio. EVERY BD should have them both.
post #653 of 1355 Old 11-15-2007, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

And just because the SR9600 will not decode those signals internally doesnt mean that it will not be able to play the signals that are passed along from the source device using the 7.1 ch input.

That model of BD player he mentioned will not decode advanced audio streams internally... just pass TrueHD and DTS-HD MA over HDMI 1.3 to an external device.

post #654 of 1355 Old 11-15-2007, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

That would be the new SR8002.
post #655 of 1355 Old 11-15-2007, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Is the sound quality comparable between the 7002 and 8002? I can live without the digital ratio and a few less watts if the 7002 "sounds as good"...

thanks!

post #656 of 1355 Old 11-15-2007, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

In reading the manual for the Marantz 7002, it says that surround modes other than stereo are not available with DD+, Dolby True HD, and DTS-HD. I have a 7.1 system, and like to use post-processing to obtain 7.1 sound from 5.1 sources. Is this a shortcoming of the Marantz, or do all receivers lack this feature?
post #657 of 1355 Old 11-15-2007, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Interesting. Does that mean if it decodes internally?

Can it process if you feed it a PCM signal (decoded by your player instead)?

post #658 of 1355 Old 11-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post

Is the sound quality comparable between the 7002 and 8002? I can live without the digital ratio and a few less watts if the 7002 "sounds as good"...

thanks!

I just received my SR7002 Tusday and I'm loving it. The cost of the 8002 was just a little more than I wanted to spend and after owning the 7001 I expected the 7002 to perform as well or better and I was not dissappointed.

The 7002 makes my polk RTi8's (front) and CSi5 (center) plus the FX3's (surrounds) shine. Listening to Sarah Brightman (La Luna) was a spiritual journey. Morcheeba, Nine Inch nails, Engima & deep forest never sounded better. The sound is clean, crisp and precise.

Audyssey Multi EQ auto setup worked fine on 6 listening areas, but I prefer my own EQ settings for both movie and music. Subtle changes to the EQ settings on the 7002 seem to be more noticeable, than on the 7001 and thats a possitive. M-Dax is a nice feature, but I still prefer the EQ The remote of the 7002 is the same as the 7001, but you do get another remote for multi room use. I use my harmony and didn't have to reprog it for the 7002.

The looks of both the 7002 and 7001 are the same, which is a good thing as I think its a classy looking box. Just writing this makes me want to go have another listening session before my wife gets home.

I purchased my 7002 at 6ave and it arrived in perfect condition. Try the call deal for the best price. I will not tell you the price I paid even through a PM.

Home theater surround is great! The video passthrough of the 7002 allowing the source device to scale is a good thing in the early stages of HDMI 1.3 IMHO. I'm all HDMI and glad to report zero issues with a Samsung 1400 and Toshiba A2 HD player. True HD does sound better than core on its best day no matter what anyone says.

Cheers,

Ray
post #659 of 1355 Old 11-15-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanoid1 View Post

I just received my SR7002 Tusday and I'm loving it. The cost of the 8002 was just a little more than I wanted to spend and after owning the 7001 I expected the 7002 to perform as well or better and I was not dissappointed.

The 7002 makes my polk RTi8's (front) and CSi5 (center) plus the FX3's (surrounds) shine. Listening to Sarah Brightman (La Luna) was a spiritual journey. Morcheeba, Nine Inch nails, Engima & deep forest never sounded better. The sound is clean, crisp and precise.

Audyssey Multi EQ auto setup worked fine on 6 listening areas, but I prefer my own EQ settings for both movie and music. Subtle changes to the EQ settings on the 7002 seem to be more noticeable, than on the 7001 and thats a possitive. M-Dax is a nice feature, but I still prefer the EQ The remote of the 7002 is the same as the 7001, but you do get another remote for multi room use. I use my harmony and didn't have to reprog it for the 7002.

The looks of both the 7002 and 7001 are the same, which is a good thing as I think its a classy looking box. Just writing this makes me want to go have another listening session before my wife gets home.

I purchased my 7002 at 6ave and it arrived in perfect condition. Try the call deal for the best price. I will not tell you the price I paid even through a PM.

Home theater surround is great! The video passthrough of the 7002 allowing the source device to scale is a good thing in the early stages of HDMI 1.3 IMHO. I'm all HDMI and glad to report zero issues with a Samsung 1400 and Toshiba A2 HD player. True HD does sound better than core on its best day no matter what anyone says.

Cheers,

Ray

sounds great - i am glad to hear the good news because i just ordered one also - SR7002 - thanks for the input on the sound since thats my first concern is for SQ first -

just curious - you say you wont say how much you paid - not even in PM - why ? whats the big deal - ?

i wont say how much i paid on the forum but if anyone wants to know - you can PM and i will tell you - -

thats the idea of a forum is to share the good news - sometimes bad - and share a great price - deal if you find one -

glad you like it - now i cant wait to get mines - maybe in 5 days or so -- i will be using a pair of Klipsch Classics - which i love - but moving to the RF 7 for the future -

if you happen to have pictures of the inside - please post back - also do you hear any hum ? or noise - ?

thanks
post #660 of 1355 Old 11-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by expresso712 View Post

sounds great - i am glad to hear the good news because i just ordered one also - SR7002 - thanks for the input on the sound since thats my first concern is for SQ first -

just curious - you say you wont say how much you paid - not even in PM - why ? whats the big deal - ?

i wont say how much i paid on the forum but if anyone wants to know - you can PM and i will tell you - -

thats the idea of a forum is to share the good news - sometimes bad - and share a great price - deal if you find one -

glad you like it - now i cant wait to get mines - maybe in 5 days or so -- i will be using a pair of Klipsch Classics - which i love - but moving to the RF 7 for the future -

if you happen to have pictures of the inside - please post back - also do you hear any hum ? or noise - ?

thanks

No noise no hum just instruments, vocals and silence. The sound quality is important to me and it is fantastic. My 7001 was the same way.

The money thing bugs me at times, but thats just me.

No pictures of the inside, but someone posted some in the 7002-8002 thread I think.

Cheers,

Ray
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page