Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all,

Q & A With Parasound!
Wednesday 4/4/07 (April 4, 2007)
7:00PM EST - 8:PM EST

Following up with our successful Q & A with Triad Speakers, we're going to be hosting a live event on this forum with manufacturer questions and answers. Richard, the President and founding member of Parasound, maker of the HALO line of pre/pros and amps and the New Classic line will join us on the forums. Richard and perhaps some other guests from Parasound will be answering questions about their lines, room acoustics and pre/pros plus amps in regards to home theater and music. You'll come to learn about why Parasound products are built the way they are, what Parasound thinks about home theater and why you might want to demo these and have them as part of your equipment list.

RULES:

1. No bashing. You might not agree with the manufacturer about why they do things, but now is your chance to ask why politely.

2. Do not ask them to review or give opinions about another manufacturer's product line. Any manufacturer is proud to make and provide their pre/pros and amps. Ask Parasound about Parasound.

3. Now is your chance to pick their brains on what HALO or New Classic can mean for YOUR home theater and listening environment. Use it!

4. Pricing will not be brought up during the Q & A. You can ask me about it later or any of the other A/V Science sales techs. You can ask general questions about value in regard to one Parasound line over another in terms of price but we will handle all pricing inquiries at a later time and date.

5. Have fun. Parasound has answered every question I've thrown at them and they are extremely nice people who care about their products and they sound awesome.

HOW IT WORKS:

Between now and Wednesday night, email me at richard@avscience.com with questions concerning Parasound. I will forward these to Richard. When we go "live," so to speak on Wednesday, you'll see the questions and answers in this very thread.

We are using threads so they will be seen by all and you don't have to do anything other than you already to in order to participate or view.

Post your questions and Richard will answer as many as possible in the time alotted, and then see your answers!

Here is an example of a question (for format purposes only).

------------------------------------

QUESTION*** Is Parasound a class A amplifier? If so how many do I need?

Richard

-------------------------------------

DO NOT POST QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD UNTIL WEDNESDAY NIGHT. Email me at the adress above if you have questions.

Thank you, and thanks to Richard at Parasound for making this available.

Richard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 94 Old 04-03-2007, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter

The questions are coming in! Keep it up. Also don't be afraid to ask questions during the live event tomorrow night!

The main event will take place in this same labeled thread in the speakers amps nd pre/pros section.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=828684

Richard
post #3 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Well folks, tonight is the night. I look forward to the chat, we have TONS of questions from you guys, keep them coming to my email or post them tonight. What we don't get to, we'll answer later in the coming days!

Richard
post #4 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Start your questions though.
post #5 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 04:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 11
Richard, do we post questions here, or are you going to submit the questions that we already sent to you via email? I am a little confused.
post #6 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

I'll be posting the questions you sent me and he'll anwer. If you have additional questions you may post here.

We're having a few technical issues for his account (aside from the forum being down).

I'm starting to post the questions now.

Richard
post #7 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

1. Question for Parasound: Does Parasound have plans for producing Class-D
power amplifier designs?
We'd love to find a way to build products that are lighter and more efficient to save shipping costs, energy consumption and heat.* But we won't do it at the expense of sound quality, reliability or radiation of unwanted energy that might affect the reproduction of other components.* We've tested every class D solution we know of.* Some are very interesting and show promise, but to date, none are comparable to our enriched bias class AB amps.*

2.* When will Parasound have a replacement for Halo c1/c2 processors with
HDMI audio/video capabilities?
It's premature to speculate about new Halo models.

We've been exploring what these might be for quite a while and we're waiting for the moving technology targets to settle down. HDMI has lots of issues and I don't want our customers to be guinea pigs. I'm sure there will be more discussion today about HDMI.

3.* Question*** Will Parasound bring a Halo processor to market with Room
EQ? When?
When I'm convinced they have a real audible benefit.* I'm not persuaded that the present room eqs that are part of the DSP chips used in built-in to receivers offer much, if any, real net improvement for an improved listening experience. *The separate room eq components developed by Audyssey, Lyngdorf's Room Perfect and the Trinnov Optimizer all show great promise.
post #8 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 05:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

We've been exploring what these might be for quite a while and we're waiting for the moving technology targets to settle down. HDMI has lots of issues and I don't want our customers to be guinea pigs. I'm sure there will be more discussion today about HDMI.

Given the "issues" with HDMI, how will you know when the technology targets have "settled down" to the point that you will feel comfortable in releasing a new processor with HDMI? What are some examples of HDMI "issues" that you feel would make your customers "guinea pigs" if you released an HDMI processor now?
post #9 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 05:10 PM

Hi everyone,

Ok, you found me.

I welcome your questions and I rereally appreciate your interest in Parasound.
By the end of this string I think you'll realize that Parasound is far more than just a business to me.

I'll use "I" or the royal "we" pretty much at whim. I'll try to represent the company's position (which we try to reach by consensus or by arm wrestling) regardless of "we" or "I."

Now, to your questions. I won't quit until I get writer's cramp.

Rgds,
Richard
post #10 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome. Richard actually has a big update concerning "moving technology targets" which affect everyone wishing for a solution. I'll let him post it as he informed me of it but it's a tad ridiculous.
post #11 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 05:33 PM

I recently purchased a Halo C2 processor. My immediate goal was to have a quality controller to use for the next couple of years unitl the HD-DVD/Blue-ray thing was settled, as well as the HDMI interface to fully utilize the HD content (both audio and video).

Is my C2 a "dead-end" controller that I will need to eventually replace in order to utilize the HD content (audio and video) via HDMI when it is all settled?

Or does Parasound foresee providing either an internal upgrade to the C1/C2; or perhaps an external box that can bought as an add-on in order to feed the content to the C1/C2?

Thank you
post #12 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 05:37 PM

Hi Rob,
You asked a great question which refers to all the newly developed technologies, not only HDMI.

In general, the new technologies bring more complicated and sophisticated requirements for compatibilty. It has become nearly impossible to predict that a given product will operate successfully with all the other models to which it might be connected. We try to best to beg, borrow, or (perish the thought) purchase a representative sampling of ancillary products, which in the case of HDMI would mean TVs, players and cables. Someday we'll have a really great garage sale.

But we started receiving puzzling reports about HDMI soon after releasing our Zhd. The reason we got these calls was because we're one of the only companies that will answer the phone. So we got an earful about problems of both source and "sink" components.
Many of you already know about the debacle of customers not being able to get surround sound when running an HDMI cable box (Scientific Atlanta, Motorola) through most popular Japanese AV receivers.

So we'll always sit back and let the dust settle before releasing new technologies.
And that's how we build up a knowledge base so we're confident our products will work properly when they're introduced.

HDMI has been a nightmare for many people - the same people who are usually the most enthusiastic and willing to pay the high prices to own the newest technology. There's not enough room here to recite the problems of compatibility, non-compliance, etc.
HDMI purports to have all of these under control with 1.3, but what is 1.3, anyway?
That has been somewhat of a moving target, as well.

Here's the HDMI news flash which Rich mentioned earlier:

HDMI released "HDMI A" to developers on Nov 6, 2006. How long was that after dozens of products with HDMI 1.3 had been announced? So, what was the HDMI standard before Nov. 6, 2006?

Well, just yesterday HDMI released "HDMI B" to the developers. It is a new testing standard which requires a very specific and expensive piece of test equipment. While it may not have much impact on the chip developers, it might have a significant impact on circuit board design, layout and parts selection. How will this affect all of the products for which their makers announced release dates?

About compliance: the HDMI license requires all products built with HDMI capabilities be tested in an HDMI-approved test lab. There are very few such labs, the testing is expensive and the waiting lists are long.

I asked HDMI if I could have a list of the products which are HDMI-certified by virtue of successful testing at the authorized lab so that Parasound's Tech Dept could better assist our customers in identifying which HDMI components they were using might be the cause of their problems. I thought a good staring point would be knowledge of which products are HDMI certified. Reasonable, right?

HDMI's response was this: "we cannot give you that information because of client confidentiality." I didn't ask them which products failed or how many times the products had to be retested before they passed. Are you getting the idea?
post #13 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 05:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Thanks for a great response Richard. I think you guys have a great company, and I have been very pleased with my Halo C2. When you guys think HDMI is mature enough to put in a new processor, I will have to give it a good look.
post #14 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 05:46 PM

Hi,

Both of these formats might become moot and rendered obsolete by HD downloads when they become fast enough).

I doubt if new audio formats will ever be decoded within the C 1 and C 2 and I don't yet know whether our explorations of platforms which decode the new formats will result in an outboard box which is an upgrade. It is just too early to predict. What I can predict is that You'll get a lot of enjoyment from your C 2 with the thousands of DVDs that are available.
post #15 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 05:49 PM

Hi Rob,

I appreciate your kind comments and welcome you to the Parasound family. We realize our responsibility to customers and we take that very seriously. On a practical note, we also have to consider product reliability because of our 10 year warranty.

rgds,
Richard
post #16 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

10 year warranty? Where's the emoticon for fainting!

Step up and be recognized!

Richard
post #17 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 06:10 PM

Thank you Richard,

Upon reading the longer response about HDMI issues addressed to Rob, I understand the difficulties making predictions about future technologies. I certainly intend to get the most from my C2, and I guess I'll revisit issues with future connectability and what-not a few years down the road. Whenever possible, I try to avoid being an early adopter of new technology. From everything I have heard, the C2 will be a significant upgrade for me.
post #18 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

More answers to your questions.

4.* Are there upgrade plans in the works for the new audio formats like
Dolby True HD etc? Is HDMI 1.3 a possible upgrade in the near future for the
expansion port slots on the exsisting pre/pros? Specifically my model the
Classic Series 7100. Are there plans for a new Pre/Pro in the near future
that will incorporate all of these features?

Our future prepro plans are to include all of these features.*
The architecture of the present C 1, C 2 and NewClassic Model 7100 probably won't have the flexibility to decode the new hi-rez audio formats which are enabled by HDMI 1.3.
We developed the Zhd as an outboard HDMI switcher and the reasons for that are on the FAQ sheet posted at http://www.parasound.com/zcustom/zhd.php; click on Zhd FAQ to get the pdf file which explains why we opted for an outboard solution instead of filling the expansion slot.

5.* When will the JC2 preamp be released in the U.S? Will the JC2 be an
overkill when paired with an A21 instead of a P3?
The JC 2 will be out sometime in May. *I think the first production run was completely sold-out from preorders.* I was surprised how many people ordered them without knowing a firm price and without seeing or hearing them.

I don't think there's such a thing as overkill where preamps are concerned, provided there's a degree of sanity in their relationship to the rest of your system and your budget.* An A 21 is a more than competent power amp, so I think the limiting factor for how great a preamp you choose depends more on how good your speakers are and how discerning your hearing is.* The P 3 is a really good preamp, but the JC 2 is in a totally different league.
post #19 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Yet more, he must be getting cramps by now!

9. Question: Is there a forthcoming replacement for the Halo A-series amps?
If
so, when?
We have no plans to change any of the Halo power amplifiers. The one Parasound staffer who asked if we should consider model changes for the sake of something new was reminded that Parasound isn't in the fashion business.
Our biggest challenge with our power amps is how to hold their prices, given the enormous (I'm not exaggerating) increases in the cost of copper, steel and aluminum. Our heavy construction and large power supplies punish us because of the lbs/price.

An aside, many of you guys will remember the Parasound HCA-1000A power amp. Want to guess how long it was in our line? I was pleasantly surprised to learn the answer was 10 years and 4 months. During that time the only change made to it was the addition of a DC turn on trigger. Name one component that was ever sold for over 10 years. It was selling as well on the day it as any other time in its lifespan. We discontinued it only to make room for the NewClassic Model 2125 which had more installer-friendly features to accommodate the growing custom installation side of the business.
Will the Halo amps be around for 10 years. Ask me 6 or 7 years from now J

10. How does Parasound intend to incorporate new technologies into their A/V
processors such as HDMI audio, and decoding/processing BD and HD-DVD
high-definition audio? We have the Zhd now for HDMI video switching, but
will we see hardware upgrades for the C1/C2/7100? Or are we more likely at
this point to see brand new models in the future with these features?

It's pointing more to new models at this moment. BD and HD-DVD need to prove they'll be around for a long time.
Look what happened to SACD, DAT, Elcaset, double-speed cassette decks, betamax, SQ, QS and CD4 (are you old enough to remember?). What about the buyers of 1st generation HDTVs with DVI inputs; they were obsolete within a year because they couldn't reproduce copyright-encrypted content.

11. Does Parasound intend to update their DVD players, the D3 and D200 with
any new features? Perhaps BD/HD-DVD capability, or an all-new player with
these capabilities?
The answer was mostly answered in the above. We're not overly excited about a new player before the format war is won and the victor remains alive for a long time (not vanquished by downloads).

12. Okay, out with it, Richard. Now that the JC2 is being released, what
new product is Parasound developing next?
We have quite a few interesting development projects. Some are for specific products which are already defined and some are still in the blue-sky did I really suggest that stage. I'd love to tell you more, but I've been threatened with physical harm from the Parasound staff for sharing ideas before products are ready to release. Anything I mention is immediately interpreted as a product announcement and we're inundated with calls when's it coming and how much is it? even before there is an it at all.
Did I dodge your question to your satisfaction?

13. Where exactly do Parasound products and components come from - USA,
Norway, Hong Kong?
The product concepts come from all over the place, and often from the recommendations of our customers.
We organize product development in San Francisco and we assign certain areas to development partners who are experts in certain areas.
The Zhd is made in the USA.
The Halo C 1 and C 2 come from Finland. Ever been there in the winter?
The Halo C 1 and C 2 *component video boards were designed 100% in Norway by a friend whose company has done video design for the Norwegian army and for NATO.* We also got some valuable assistance on the D 3 and D 200 from the same Norwegians.
The NewClassic Model 7100 comes from the same factory in Finland. You might prefer going there in the summer.
The amps are all assembled in Taiwan. This is not because labor is cheaper, but because many of the parts come from there. The majority of anodized panels on audio equipment come from Taiwan (or China) anyway, in part because the factories there do a better job of anodizing them for consistent finish from batch to batch.
Our factory relationships are very well established. We've worked with one factory in Taiwan since 1982.
We also supply quite a few parts to the factories where we have stronger vendor relationships.
All products are shipped to our SF warehouse and we inspect them thoroughly before shipment.

14. Does Parasound intend to continue both the New Classic and the Halo
product lines? (I hope!)
Without a doubt.

15. Go ahead, brag about the new JC2. What opinions have come out about it
so far, what is it really capable of, and where does it rank with other
pre-amps?
The JC 2 turned out to be far better than we expected. A very early working prototype was previewed by the Chicago Audio Society about a year ago, with the premier of the Soundlab Majestics. The day before it was compared with John Curl's Blowtorch preamp and listeners didn't find much of a difference, despite the vast chasm in pricing. John updated his established topology and it's Carl Thompson's board layouts which are simply brilliant. I learn something from these guys every time I speak with them.

I wanted it to be a single chassis design, so the audio power supply and the separate power supply for the relays, LEDs, volume potentiometer motor, etc. are shielded from the audio section by 3/8 thick aluminum partitions. We measure a 116dB s/n ratio.

I started the JC 2 for the same reason as the JC 1: because it is therapy for me. A few years ago when I was deep into microprocessor hell I wondered what I could do to make myself happy. So I came up with the idea of making a really great mono amp. I was pleased that Stereophile awarded it Amp Component of the Year in 2003. The JC 2 should prove to be very interesting as well.

16. In recent years, the A/V industry has seen an increase in problems due
to black market and grey market product sales. The latest is M&K
speakers going out of business. How have these problems affected Parasound?

(These were from Chris Dotur, he says hi and get to work!)
Tell Chris I said to keep his eyes on his instruments (he's an Air Force pilot).
Any brand going out of business is unfortunate for all of us because it demonstrates industry weakness.
I don't shed tears for the audio companies who were predators (and M&K certainly was not one), by which I mean ego-driven prices, false claims and stuff like that. But I feel badly for guys who dreamed and struggled and lost.
post #20 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

17. Any plans to heighten the U.K.market awareness of the Parasound Halo
brand ?
The U.K. market is very important for Parasound and we're pleased with the response
(but why is the AC line -ok you say mains in parts of Scotland over 250v?)
We're working with CSE who are Parasound's U.K. distributor to this end. Stay tuned.

18. Will the next home cinema processor be based on the newest titan
platform ?
No. They will need a newer and more flexible platform.
19. Will the next processor be a modular (card upgradable) design or only
software fixes ?
It's too early to say.
20. Which H.D. format is Parasound likely to support ?
We can't take sides because we're not large enough to influence the market. Nor can we take side before the battle is over because we can't afford to develop and manufacture products that appeal to only one segment of the market. I'd rather you all hate me for not having either Blu-ray or HD-DVD than for half of you complain that we built the wrong one.

21. When is it realistic for Parasound to have a Halo H.D.disc player
available ?
After the war is over, if the victor is still alive.

22. Have sales numbers been lower than expected for the dvd players,could
this be due to ?cost and also timing of release of the products ?
We introduced these far later than we should have and there's no doubt we would have sold more if they'd been available 3 years ago. The DVD players were actually finished over a full year before we released them and I'm not exaggerating when I report that there were more than 50 revisions to catch all the bugs and continually improve performance. I think many of our competitors would have opted to get the revenue earlier and hope that not too many customers complained about the bugs. (by the way, the Model 7100 introduction was also delayed for over a year for the same reason. But the happy result is that it's the most bug-free surround controller from the very first set we shipped).

23. Will you keep the much loved Halo enclosure design for the forseeable
future (It appears ageless) ?
I'm very proud of it and I love the appearance of the JC 2 and P 7 preamps, which are the next new Halo models.

24. As solid as the build quality is,Would you entertain the possibility of
higher quality buttons on the Halo units (possibly a brushed aluminium
design) ?
Let me tell you why they aren't brushed: it was to provide a visual contrast with the aluminum panels which are brushed and to provide a less busy appearance floating in front of the Halo recess, which is sandblasted. I have to ask you to love them, too. Besides, we wouldn't want to disappoint present Halo customers by introducing new models which don't match exactly.

25. How about an official (global) trade in/upgrade scheme when new products
are released(Like Linn products) as an incentive for brand loyalty ?
I like this idea and I appreciate the suggestion.

26. Why not keep Q&A channels more accessable (informed customers are
satisfied customers) ?
I hear you. This isn't a result of us not wanting to communicate poorly. We don't have a communications staff job at Parasound and many of the things we'd like to tell you about and post to our website often fall victim to more immediate priorities.

27. Can I be a U.K. new product tester of Halo products ? . . . . . Hey. .
.if ya dont ask. . .ya dont get. . .right
Thanks for this opportunity to ask these questions.
Marcus Latuske-Hear
You mean to tell me the truckload of Halo components that we shipped to your home for testing 3 months ago never arrived?

Rgds,
Richard
post #21 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

I volunteer to be the "channel"! Pick me, pick me!

Richard
post #22 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 06:56 PM

Since you didn't tell me which channel you want to be, I'll make you the Surround Left channel, ok?

rgds,
Richard
post #23 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

HAHAHAHA. Too funny.

I think that might wrap things up for tonight. Be prepared for more questions tomorrow.

I have two of my own actually.

Most people don't know about your New Classic line which is more affordable than the HALO series. Where do you see this falling into the market?

And

Why not implement some sort of HDMI (not necessarily 1.3) solution so you can get 7.1 PCM via HDMI to take advantage of the new audio formats for both Dolby True HD and DTS Master Encode from HD-DVD and/or Blu-ray? Would it solve a lot of the "we want to be able to take advantage of the new formats" issue without too much of a workaround for internal motherboards and chips?

Richard
post #24 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 07:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Did somebody really post a question about improving the looks of the Halo processors?

I know it is subjective, but if there is a better looking processor out there at anywhere near the price of these, I haven't seen it!
post #25 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 07:28 PM

Hi,
I just re-read your question 16 and realized I hadn't answered the exact question that you asked about the impact of gray market and black market activities.

Gray market refers to products which are built to safety standards for certain regions, but then brought into the US to sell at a lower price. This doesn't apply to Parasound.

By black market I think you're referring to the impact of internet sales by unauthorized "dealers."

We do not condone or tolerate internet sites that falsely claim to be Authorized Parasound dealers or who offer warranties that don't exist.

A few years ago Parasound teamed up with McIntosh Lab to file a suit in U.S. Federal Court against some operators of websites on the east coast. You know, where The Soproanos take place. Their false claims were creating a lot of confusion and devalued the reputations of our respective brands. We spent a lot of money to root out this evil.
Our attorney also keepsan eye on eBay auctions and he frequently get auctions cancelled where false claims have been made.

It's no secret that some people use the facilities of specialty audio retailers to audition equipment and get advice, then try to buy products at a lower price on the internet. That is true in every industry and it makes it hard for retailers. On the other hand, retailers who have continued to make themselves of value have continued to succeed because they do add value. Retailers who remain arrogant, push overpriced products to people with more money than brains, and who don't add value are bound to disappear - as they should.

I believe audio is an experience for which the opportunity for an audition is very important.
While internet sales are an attractive short-term solution, if the eventual result when no dealers remain where you can audition equipment, audio will wither because you can't demo over the internet, and without a demo, you won't know how good something sounds or why it would be worth spending your hard-earned money to buy it. To a large extent, that's already happening and the audio industry has suffered because of it.

Sorry for the long answer - it's only a fraction of what I'd like to say about this, but I really am getting writer's cramp...
post #26 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 07:45 PM

Hi,

Ok, I'm getting hungry, anyway. I'll look in tomorrow and try to answer questions that come in later.

NewClassic was designed to give maximum "bang for the buck" and be within reach for people who would customarily expect to buy a receiver. NewClassic is lower priced than Halo, doesn't have balanced XLR connections. The Halo A 51 power amp weighs 87 lbs. for power that's rated about the same as the NewClassic A 52, which weighs 69 lbs.
But the Model 5250 is only half the price of an A 51.

In my opinion (which is evidently shared by most reviewers), Halo is about as good as you can own. You could spend far more and get less performance. NewClassic come very close to Halo performance and you'd want to be an experienced listener with a really great system and source material to hear much of a difference. The Model 7100 is a really great alternative to a C 2, but is priced 25% lower.

NewClassic is really for the person who loves Parasound, but who doesn't care about having balanced connections, Halo styling or certain Halo features. The feature set on the NewClassic two-channel power amps and the upcoming Model 2100 stereo preamp make them even more useful to custom installers (and they're an important enough part of our business that we have to consider their priorities).

About HDMI:
We've considered an HDMI product where we'd strip off the PCM audio as you suggest so our customers can enjoy hi-rez video images with the same quality audio they are accustomed to hearing. The biggest obstacle is whether a switcher alone is enough - some people expect a scalar and converting analog video inputs to HDMI output. That's far from trivial. We're struggling with the value concept in this, because from our point of view, newer HDMI TVs already have multiple HDMI inputs, it's not such a big hardship to run both analog and HDMI video cables and the newer TVs have terrific video scalars in them, in part because their volume gives them tremendous purchasing power with scalar chip companies such as Genesis (Faroudja), Gennum and Anchor Bay (DVDO). From a logical point of view, their needs are well served by these.
post #27 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for your responses. I look forward to working with you and it says a lot about your company and corporate philosophy. Not to mention your products.

Go Parasound!

Thanks,

Richard
post #28 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 07:50 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the comment. I haven't yet visualized an appearance concept that I'd like more than the present Halo design. When you see the new models with even fewer control buttons (JC 2 and P 7 have only 2 buttons!) you'll see how durable and fresh the Halo design concept remains.

rgds,
Richard
post #29 of 94 Old 04-04-2007, 09:56 PM

I know Parasound makes a line of in-wall speakers, but has there ever been any thought to making a Parasound branded line of "in-room" loudspeakers?

If not, do you have any opinions on speakers that match well acoustically and aesthetically with Parasound components.

Thanks for your comments.
post #30 of 94 Old 04-05-2007, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member

Im sorry to say this Richard, but being a 22 year old guy who dropped a ton of money on a C2, A51, & A21 only a year ago makes me cry to hear you say there will be no additional support for upcoming HD sound formats, nor HDMI with this equipment. I guess i'd better start saving for the new controller so i'll be ready when it releases.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page