Marantz and B&K Receivers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-27-2000, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
. Until recently, I had not really considered any receivers outside the Denon line, but some recent opportunities to audition some older models of the B&K and Marantz lines has had me considering them as well.

I currently have a Denon AVR-3300, I am looing for opinions and information on B&K and Marantz receivers that would be an equal trade or upgrade to my current receiver. There are several things I need to gain/keep in a new receiver:

1. I need at least the same number of A/V and digital inputs as the AVR-3300, I would really like to get another coaxial digital input.

2. I don't want to lose component video switching, but would do so if I really feel I am getting more from a new receiver.

3. I would REALLY like to have a built in AC-3 RF input. Or at least to be able to assign more than one digital input to one device. One of the biggest disappointments I have had in the 3300 is that I had to use up both my LD and my VCR2 inputs to get both DD and DTS out of my LD player with my Yamaha RF demodulator. This isn't a must, but it would be really nice.

4. I would like to know which models have HDCD decoding.

5. What about upgradability, I know that the top B&K model is pretty upgradable, I am interested in DPL2, and if I go with one of the higher end models, I am interested in DTS-ES discrete and all that. ES/EX is not a neccessity, as long as it is DD and DTS and has basically the same advantages I get from the 3300 with the great musicality of the B&K and Marantz lines I want it on my "to audition" list.

Any other comments would be appreciated. I have been trying to get more info on my own, but most of the websites I have been checking out that actually have the specs are not very blind-person friendly, and I have not been able to get a flat, simple text list of specs like one can get on the Denon models.

Thanks in advance,

C.E. Tekell
Closed Thread Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page