Aura Bass Shaker/Interactor Amp Cable Extension Question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-03-2001, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Hi. I have 2 sets of Aura Bass Shaker speakers and Interactor amps (for a total of 4 of each). I'd like to extend the length of one of the mini jack cables since it isn't long enough for my use. Does anyone know if I can simply splice some more ordinary wire (e.g., Home Depot) into this cable? Or is there anything special about the cable I need to be aware of?

My home is concrete slab and I want to have the line connected to the subwoofer output of my a/v receiver run through the attic, down a wall and under a small portion of carpet to under my sofa/love seat where my Aura Bass Shakers and Interactor amps all reside.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-03-2001, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Have you tried a mini plug extension cable from Radio Shack? I have used them to extend in the past. I suspect you will need a mono extender but check to be sure. Probably less than $5.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-03-2001, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I need to extend it by about 15'. Does Radio Shack have an extension that long? I was in there last night but only saw ones maybe 6' long.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-05-2001, 08:07 AM
Mac

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had the exact same problem myself with the Aura bass shakers. I found an real easy-to-do low-cost solution.

I went to Radio Shack and got an assortment of male and female connectors (similar to the connectors at the end of the wire on the bass shaker unit mounted on my couch). I then put those connectors on either ends of speaker wires long enough to connect between the terminal ends of the cables from Aura to the bass shakers themselves.

That way I have the Aura amplifiers, power supplies, and all assorted cables close to my DD/DTS sound amplifier. Only the speaker wires travel to my couch. The speaker wires could easily be hiden under the carpet. It works great and I love the effect.
Closed Thread Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page