Lexicon DC-2 THX-EX features ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-06-2001, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can the Lexicon's be configured to use just a single rear centre channel, or are 2 required ?

Are there any quirks to it's THX-EX features ?

thanks - Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2001, 09:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Andy,

THX EX calls for 2 rear speakers. When you configure speakers in Lexicon set-up, you have a choice of rear speakers or none. THX is pretty exacting, so you do not get the same flexibility choices in set-up. I suppose you could only hook one speaker in the rear and choose left or right for its set-up. However, I would suspect that the intended effects will not be produced accurately--you calibrate configuration volume initially for reference. "Tricking" the system for using only one speaker may mean reduced db in the rear. I would not recommend it. One of Lexicon's true strengths are the various 7-channel effects. If you are considering Lexicon and want rear as well as side channels, 2 not 1 rear speakers are needed.

There is a minor glitch in the EX processing regarding volume for rears and sides. There are a couple easy workarounds suggested by Lexicon. Suggest you check out the SMR forum for Lexicon. This is an excellent source of information. The forum is now located at http://discussion.iland.com/~smr-forums/login. Check out posting on 12-13-00 on suggestions for EX workaround.

Regards,
Will

[This message has been edited by Will Gibbons (edited 01-06-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Will Gibbons (edited 01-06-2001).]