Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Wow - pretty impressive. I wonder what the street prices for the 92 are going to be. I am glad I did not buy the 82 that just came in to the local dealer. But the local dealer was going to give it to me for $875. I just bought a H/K 645, but that has only HDMI 1.1 and has some oddities.
post #3 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosphere482 View Post

Finally!

Faroudja scalers are a bit outdated I think.
post #4 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
New Class of Pioneer Elite A/V Receivers are Cornerstone of Distinguished Home Theater Design
Compatibility with HDMI 1.3a Ensures Effortless Connectivity to 1080p Audio and Video Components
New York May 9, 2007

Fulfilling the complete high resolution home entertainment experience, Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today introduces four new A/V receivers that deliver high definition audio and video like never before. The Pioneer® Elite® VSX-90TXV, VSX-91TXH, VSX-92TXH and VSX-94TXH A/V receivers are essential hubs of home theater with superior HDMI connectivity for a host of digital devices. The top three models offer HDMI 1.3a support to handle increased picture and sound demands of new high definition televisions and optical disc players. High resolution powerhouses, the top three models seamlessly pass 1080p 24Hz picture with sophisticated decoding of advanced audio formats Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Digital Plus and DTS-HD Master Audio. The VSX-92TXH and VSX-94TXH are two of the industry's first receivers to feature Neural-THX® Surround decoding for faithful reproduction of multi-channel surround sound for movies, music and gaming in the home theater environment.

Pioneer continually answers the call from audio video enthusiasts seeking the ultimate in rich home theater design. Our new line of Elite A/V receivers with HDMI 1.3a connectivity allows consumers to enjoy the benefits of the new technologies being used on music and movie discs, said Dave Bales, marketing manager of audio products for the home entertainment division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. We're bringing the true essence of high definition emotion to the audience.

To ensure dynamic sound of all connected devices, Pioneer employs industry-leading digital sound processing capabilities including its Advanced MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System) room tuning technology. All four receivers provide personalized music entertainment options via new compatibility with Sirius® Satellite Radio as well as direct inputs to an iPod® and XM Connect & Play antenna.

High Definition Like Never Before
Setting the benchmark for high definition connectivity, the new Pioneer Elite A/V receivers unify current and future home theater components with enhanced audio video scaling and processing to ensure optimum performance. The VSX-92TXH and VSX-94TXH provide definitive home theater functionality with HDMI Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) technology for complete management of multiple CEC-enabled components with the Pioneer PDP's remote control.

Video Processing
The new generation of HDMI, version 1.3a, has more than double the bandwidth capacity of its predecessors for extremely high speed transfer of uncompressed high definition video and audio resolutions. Designed for emerging 1080p flat panel television and the Blu-ray® Disc optical format, Pioneer Elite A/V receivers with HDMI 1.3a deliver the true excitement of high definition entertainment.

The Elite VSX-92TXH and VSX-94TXH A/V receivers are specifically engineered for the 1080p world with a Faroudja® video scaler chip that ensures full 1080p 24Hz performance among high resolution products. The VSX-91TXH features an interlace-to-progressive (I/P) signal converter up to 480p.

Audio Processing
Leveraging its audio expertise, Pioneer incorporates superb internal decoding of advanced audio codecs that bring high definition full circle. The top three receiver models deliver lossless DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus multi-channel audio. The new formats deliver stellar sound quality using premium Dolby TrueHD lossless audio and DTS-HD Master Audio. These receiver models also include Dolby Digital Plus, a highly flexible audio technology that delivers outstanding high-definition sound and up to 7.1 channels of surround sound for a richer, more involving entertainment experience.

The VSX-92 and VSX-94 offer the newest generation of THX technology, Neural-THX Surround, allows home audiences to experience rich surround sound the way an audio engineer envisioned an original cinematic, music or gaming soundtrack would perform. The technology allows for broadcast content to be transmitted in 2-channel stereo format, and when played back through a connected device the new receivers are capable of decoding that content back in to 7.1 multi-channel audio, immersing listeners in brilliant high resolution sound in their living room. All four receivers are THX Select2 Certified, incorporating THX product design and performance specifications that ensure a superior level of audio quality and product usability.

Superb Audio Delivery
All four receivers utilize Pioneer Advanced MCACC room-tuning feature to upgrade sound quality in any room configuration. The MCACC microphone requires quick one-touch activation to optimize the acoustics in a room by making subtle adjustments to a room's speakers, neutralizing the sound field of the listening area and meticulous fine-tuning for exceptional sonic performance. Utilizing Phase Control technology, the new receivers can eliminate signal distortion sometimes caused by low frequency sound sources audio arrives at the listening position in sync ensuring accurate audio reproduction.

A Variety in Entertainment
Pioneer continues to provide the most robust entertainment connectivity.

Satellite Radio: All four A/V receivers deliver both SIRIUS and XM Satellite Radio crystal clear, digital programming with dual connectivity to both a SiriusConnect SC-H1 tune and XM Connect & Play antenna (both sold separately; monthly subscription needed). Simple control and management of both satellite radio devices is done with the receivers' remote control and full on-screen display capability. HD fans can enjoy select XM music channels in 5.1 surround sound via XM HD Surround broadcasts powered by Neural Audio®.
iPod Audio & Photo: For a truly personal experience, the receivers allow direct access and control to personalized music and video files from an iPod® via the optional Pioneer IDK-80 universal iPod docking station. Owners can navigate playlists with the remote control and on-screen display.
Home Media Gallery Audio: The Elite VSX-94TXH provides audio streaming capability of downloaded music from a computer hard drive or Internet radio as well as portable USB devices for home networking. Artist and song information can be viewed with on-screen display capability and controlled with the system's remote.
Full Custom Installation Ready
All four of the Pioneer Elite A/V receivers are custom-installation as a result of the following features:

Multi-room, multi-source capabilities allowing a single receiver to serve as the entertainment centerpiece of multiple rooms
XM and Sirius Satellite Radio programming for secondary zone
RS232 port for PC and control connectivity (VSX-91TXH, VSX-92TXH, VSX-94TXH)
LCD preset/learning remote with preset multi-operation control
Synchronized high end home theater design with glossy black cosmetics
The VSX-90TXV and VSX-91TXH will be available June 2007 for the suggested prices of $650 and $1000, respectively. The VSX-92TXH and VSX-94TXH will begin shipping August 2007 for the suggested prices of $1300 and $1600, respectively.

PIONEER and ELITE are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
HDMI is a registered trademark of HDMI Licensing, LLC.
iPod is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
BLU-RAY DISC is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation.
XM is a registered trademark of XM Satellite Radio Inc.
NEURAL AUDIO is a registered trademark of Neural Audio, Inc.
Neural-THX Surround is a trademark of THX Ltd.
Dolby is a registered trademark of Dolby Laboratories.

- Chip
post #5 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapidlittle View Post

Faroudja scalers are a bit outdated I think.

I know, that really sucks. They should use Silicon Optics.
post #6 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes, the video processing part is a bit weak...

Also, there is no mentioning of i.Link connection and USB "sound card" functionality (it sounds like they now use the USB port to connect to USB harddrive, etc, for multimedia files instead like Denon, etc.). I hope they didn't ditch these two features

Not to mention there is no 59TXi replacement again
post #7 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

I didnt see any specifics on features (# of inputs, etc). Im curious if the 90TXV will offer similar/more features than the 82, as Im considering getting one right now.
post #8 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 09:47 AM

The 90TXV is no where near the 82 and shouldnt be compared as such. The 92 is this years version of the 82 "makes sense considering their numbering scheme."

I was excited as all heck, cause I have been waiting for the 08 pioneer models but I cried a little bit inside when I saw the release date of August. I am getting a receiver for my bday which is july 1st so waiting till august is going to make me cry
post #9 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

So the 91 comes out in June.

That gives a good four months to find a deal on it for my birthday.

Of course, I'll be a lot more excited if the 1.3 itstream passthrough for DTS HD happens for the PS3 by then.

Better yet, onboard decoding, then I could pick up an older unit cheap!

My midis bring all the Force to the yard; my midis are better than yours!
post #10 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

I wonder if it'll scale to 1080p. They are not really clear on that. I'm assuming they will (92 & 94).
post #11 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Compared to the Onkyo line it looks like the weakest link is the Pioneer video processing. Owners of the 84 maybe can comment on how the video upconversion works , although limited to 1080I. I'm pretty sure that the 94 will upscale to 1080P but both players use a Faroudja DCDI chip.

Another possible reason why Pioneer is still using the Faroudja is that this can be a totally new chip. I know that Faroudja promised to eliminate the macroblocking problem in future releases. Denon is also using Faroudja and probably not for cost reasons, since the Reon chip is also very cheap now.

Sergio

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
post #12 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

All the Onkyo's at the Pioneer Elite price levels use Faroudja.
post #13 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
This is great news.....was going to go for one of the new Onkyos (805), but now, I think I can wait.
post #14 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabongi View Post

The 90TXV is no where near the 82 and shouldnt be compared as such. The 92 is this years version of the 82 "makes sense considering their numbering scheme."

I was excited as all heck, cause I have been waiting for the 08 pioneer models but I cried a little bit inside when I saw the release date of August. I am getting a receiver for my bday which is july 1st so waiting till august is going to make me cry

If the 92 is this years 82, then I will be severely disappointed if the $1300 suggested retail price makes it to stores. I will most likely end up getting an 82 assuming I can find it still (the 82 right now is available for under $900 pretty readily).

Also, can someone clarify the video processing issues for me, are these issues just with upconversion of 480 and below sources? I primarily want the pass through capability of already HD sources (such as my 360, upconvert DVD player, and soon to be HD-DVD player). Will I have a problem with passing through?

Thanks,
-Davio
post #15 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 242
What about a flagship to replace the 59TXi?
Are they abandoning that market or are they not finished with the update cycle?

ss9001

Steve
post #16 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

You should not have any problems with pass-through. I've heard there were some minor issues with the upconversion from analog to high def digital (eg. composite/S-Video => HDMI........I don't know from experience, just from what I've heard and read). I would assume Pioneer addressed those issues. As I said, no problems with pass-through (that I know from experience).
post #17 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosphere482 View Post

All the Onkyo's at the Pioneer Elite price levels use Faroudja.

That's not true. The 875 has a MSRP very close to the 94. We don't have the final specs yet but I think the 905 is in a different league . We need to know the full specs on both Pioneer and Onkyo to compare apples and apples . Our experience with mid-price receivers playing the role of a real video processor is very limited.

Sergio

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
post #18 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

I havent heard anything about a flagship......but a "69TXi" would be sweet! It seems like Denon is the only one keeping their flagship up to date. The 59TXi has been around for a while, so has the Onkyo NR1000, HK 7300, Yammy ZX-9. I would think that at the +$2500 range, they would be losing sales to seperates.
post #19 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post

That's not true. The 875 has a MSRP very close to the 94. We don't have the final specs yet but I think the 905 is in a different league . We need to know the full specs on both Pioneer and Onkyo to compare apples and apples . Our experience with mid-price receivers playing the role of a real video processor is very limited.

Sergio

True....I'll give you that.
post #20 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davio View Post

If the 92 is this years 82, then I will be severely disappointed if the $1300 suggested retail price makes it to stores. I will most likely end up getting an 82 assuming I can find it still (the 82 right now is available for under $900 pretty readily).

Also, can someone clarify the video processing issues for me, are these issues just with upconversion of 480 and below sources? I primarily want the pass through capability of already HD sources (such as my 360, upconvert DVD player, and soon to be HD-DVD player). Will I have a problem with passing through?

Thanks,
-Davio

Why? The 82 was retailed at 1200 "can be found even know from the big stores for 1200" Why get upset about the next line up coming out at 1300 with hdmi 1.3? Seems like most receivers with 1.3 have adjusted their retail levels around $100 bucks.

To my im insanely excited as I am a big pioneer fan and think this work fantasticly with my PS3. I flat out dont like onkyo and denon doenst have anything that makes me jump through hoops instead of the pioneer

The only disappointing fact is the onkyos will be out in july from what I remember so thats what I had hoped for from pioneer. Guess I cant complain though the big denons will be out in august as well
post #21 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, to me personally I dont need some of the newer advanced audio features, and I dont think its worth an extra $400 just for 1.3. I suppose I can understand enthusiasts willing to pay the premium though for the most future proof receiver, but I just have to draw the line somewhere on what Im willing to pay. Of course Id love to have the latest and greatest but unless I can talk a sales guy to under $1000 I'll probably try to strike a great deal with an 82.
post #22 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 06:37 PM

Damn, I was hoping for a new flagship to replace my 49TX. How does the amp section of these "top-of-the-line" Elites (84, 94, etc) compare to the old flagships (49, 59)?
post #23 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Schwartz View Post

Damn, I was hoping for a new flagship to replace my 49TX. How does the amp section of these "top-of-the-line" Elites (84, 94, etc) compare to the old flagships (49, 59)?

I had a 49 and replaced it with a 74. The 49 was a great receiver and very heavy but I think the 74 sounds very similarly and I keep the volume at the same -20/-25 range as I used to do before. I don't think the 94 wil sound worse or have less power than the 49/59 and certainly will have more features. Price is also an important consideration: I paid 3500 for the 49 and 1300 for the 74.

Sergio

post #24 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member

They should release the full spec. (e.g. connection options, etc.) instead of these teasers news releases. They should know the spec by now since they probably have started ramping up on production.

I really want to know if the 94 still have i.Link like the 84 (and my 59)... and hopefully it can be used as a PC USB "sound card"/DAC like the 84. And, if it can do multichannel PCM through the USB like the 59 it will be a "must have" for me.
post #25 of 1583 Old 05-09-2007, 11:05 PM

The 82 is selling at $899 at bestbuy. Check there website under Magnolia. I bought my 84 from an authorized retailer just 2 weeks ago since i want to take advantage of the pricedrop as a result of the anticipated release of the 90 series. I bought my 84 for $1,025. Would you believe the price cut that i got. One more thing, i chose to get the 84 than the new 94 due to the fact that all problems with the 80 series had been updated. No assurance that you will not get bugs for the new elites, and i hope that there will be no problems in the future as what happened with the 80 series. Thirdly, after reading the "Why you dont need hdmi 1.3" thread, i am sold that i will just buy a player that will do the decoding of the new audio formats.

For others who wants the new elite series, I salute you. Afterall, this is just a matter of choice and the direction you want to go to.
post #26 of 1583 Old 05-10-2007, 04:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmonv View Post

The 82 is selling at $899 at bestbuy. Check there website under Magnolia. I bought my 84 from an authorized retailer just 2 weeks ago since i want to take advantage of the pricedrop as a result of the anticipated release of the 90 series. I bought my 84 for $1,025. Would you believe the price cut that i got. One more thing, i chose to get the 84 than the new 94 due to the fact that all problems with the 80 series had been updated. No assurance that you will not get bugs for the new elites, and i hope that there will be no problems in the future as what happened with the 80 series. Thirdly, after reading the "Why you dont need hdmi 1.3" thread, i am sold that i will just buy a player that will do the decoding of the new audio formats.

For others who wants the new elite series, I salute you. Afterall, this is just a matter of choice and the direction you want to go to.

Magnolia has the 82 for $899? Do you know how much they have the 81 for?
post #27 of 1583 Old 05-10-2007, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Schwartz View Post

So was I. I have a 59TXi. Must have features for me to consider replacement are ILink for SACD/DVD-A, robust amp section at least as good as in the 59, high build quality with plenty of isolation, HDMI 1.3 with at least 4 inputs & 2 outputs, and built-in decoding for new audio formats. In short, another flagship, or I may have to finally look at separates or the Denon 5805.

I'm hoping we'll yet see a new flagship, but frankly, IMO Pioneer Elite has been making some strange product decisions with poor product availability over the past year (long story but I've experienced major problems since last summer trying to buy several of their high end products, leaving me to conclude they have a strange or convoluted way of handling distribution and dealers. It's almost comical, if it hadn't been so frustrating & time consuming).

ss9001

Steve
post #28 of 1583 Old 05-10-2007, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmonv View Post

I can defintly see your point, but just a heads up for those that wonder as I did. If you use the PS3 as your blu-ray player your going to need a HDMI 1.3 receiver to get all the audio codecs as the PS3 cant decode some of the advanced codecs at the player. For me this is the main reason between buying the 82 vs. the 92. Trust me I am chomping at the bit to buy an 82 as I want my new receiver but....
post #29 of 1583 Old 05-10-2007, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabongi View Post

I can defintly see your point, but just a heads up for those that wonder as I did. If you use the PS3 as your blu-ray player your going to need a HDMI 1.3 receiver to get all the audio codecs as the PS3 cant decode some of the advanced codecs at the player. For me this is the main reason between buying the 82 vs. the 92. Trust me I am chomping at the bit to buy an 82 as I want my new receiver but....

Not to pour water on your fire, but it's said that although the PS3 has HDMI 1.3, it lacks the necessary firmware to actually pass the DTS-HD MA bitstream to a 1.3 receiver. See here for more: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=844943
post #30 of 1583 Old 05-10-2007, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bferr1 View Post

Not to pour water on your fire, but it's said that although the PS3 has HDMI 1.3, it lacks the necessary firmware to actually pass the DTS-HD MA bitstream to a 1.3 receiver. See here for more: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=844943

Thats an awesome link! Guess I am truly am in a waiting game with sony about HD MA regardless of HDMI 1.3 vs 1.2.

This has me looking more seriously at the 82 again, thanks for the headsup much appreciated!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page