AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Denon 5800 Audio Dropout - Any Ideas

295 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  rnewste 
#1 ·
I have the DISH 6000 connected via Toslink to the Optical input #1 of the 5800. With the Denon in Auto mode, the receiver momentarily switches input to Analog, then back to Digital when changing channels. This is VERY ANNOYING since I hear an audio "glitch" each time I change the DISH 6000 channel. What is worse is that approximately every 15 channel changes, I get NO audio, however, the Lock light is lit. I have to back down a channel, then go up one again to get audio. If I set it to PCM mode there are no audio dropouts on channel changes but I now must switch to Auto when I tune in the HD channels to pick up DD5.1

With the 5700 I could lock it into Digital Mode full time but on the 5800 there appears to be no way to lock into Digital without it doing an Autosearch every channel change. I am ready to return the 5800 because of this one killer annoyance. Any ideas??

Ray Newstead

#2 ·
GMC,

Yes, I can take it out of AUTO mode but if I put it into PCM mode, I can't get the HD DD5.1 channels 9430 and 9440 without having to put it back into AUTO mode.

The Denon 5700 had the ability to select DIGITAL mode which worked fine for me. It looks like Denon took out this ability from the 5800 which is too bad. Any of you have the DISH 6000 outputting DIGITAL to the Denon 5800 without this problem?

Ray Newstead

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.