Let's say I have a dvd player w/digital out for DD/DTS, a DD/DTS preamp+processor+tuner, and a 5 channel amp:
1) would they be connected via 2 digital cables (dvdp-pre, pre-amp)
2) or would the amp be connected to the preamp using 5 audio cables
3) or are both combinations possible?
3) is the sub preout on the preamp?
As you can tell, HT receivers have me brainwashed, and I don't know much about amps and preamps
Also, I've heard stories about having two or three subs in an HT setup....how can you connect two subs when their is only one preout on the receiver?
Is two subs a good idea or would there be too many cancellations in sound?
thank you all for the help
- Onkyo Enthusiast
- "Wega isn't all that bad..it's quite good."