Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimp View Post

First set up WMP11 to stream music:
WMP11->Help->Contents->Organizing your digital media collection

Then set up the AVP (pp.21, pp.35, pp.61)

Well I got the AVP to stream, sort of. The Denon recognized the WMA 11 player, and displayed album, artist and song info (including cover art). But when streaming, the sound kept cutting out, only giving a few seconds of sound at a time.

Could it be that since it's such a long run (50 ft), and my broadband router is really old (4 years) and is only 10/100 mbps, that the stream just isn't fast enough? Do you think getting a Gigabit router would make a difference?

I'm hoping that this is the case, as getting a new router is no problem. Another question is how do you stop what's streaming to the Denon? I was able to pause and play, but just didn't know how to stop. I unplugged the Ethernet cable momentarily and that worked but I know that is not the correct way to stop it.

Seth

Seth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 01:08 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

The BT2500 is an excellent transport! And after viewing several BD movies on it over the weekend, I'd easily say that it rates up there with the very best of them. PQ and the sound! Spectacular! DTS-HD MA and TrueHD sound phenomenal through the AVP! This transport paired up with the AVP is a match made in heaven. Since it is a Transport only, the only connections it has is the HDMI, and an RS 232 port. No DenonLink3 on board.

But the BT2500's benefits are in it's simplicity. It's sole job is getting the video and audio signals out via HDMI to be decoded in the AVP. And oh what a great job it does. I have no regrets with it, and hope that it lasts me a very long time. And with a fix coming very soon to address the -5db LFE issue for LPCM, this unit should be on peoples short list of top Blu-ray players.

That is good news, thanks ohyeah. Must check out pricing in HK next month when I am there again - at least it is light compared to the AVP!!

cheers
Norpus
post #1323 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 01:12 AM

Has anyone bought the ipod dock?
Which one and why did you choose that one in particular?

ASD-1R/3W/3N
I plan to get one next month in Hong Kong, but am undecided which. Need to understand the pros and cons a bit better

cheers
Norpus
post #1324 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 03:31 AM

[quote=ohyeah32;13348382]Well I got the AVP to stream, sort of. The Denon recognized the WMA 11 player, and displayed album, artist and song info (including cover art). But when streaming, the sound kept cutting out, only giving a few seconds of sound at a time.

Could it be that since it's such a long run (50 ft), and my broadband router is really old (4 years) and is only 10/100 mbps, that the stream just isn't fast enough? Do you think getting a Gigabit router would make a difference?

I'm hoping that this is the case, as getting a new router is no problem. Another question is how do you stop what's streaming to the Denon? I was able to pause and play, but just didn't know how to stop. I unplugged the Ethernet cable momentarily and that worked but I know that is not the correct way to stop it.

Seth

I am not using WMP11- so I do not know whether your music streaming problem is caused by WMP11. I am using a Maxtor Shared Storage II NAS and Twonky- and I get an instant and uninterrupted stream. The Maxtor NAS and my router are gigabit compliant.

On your other question, you can stop the stream if you press and hold the button on the RC or the front panel for about 3 seconds.
post #1325 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 04:58 AM

Now that I have evaluated cd pure direct using the AVP vs a 2ch pre, I am satisfied it almost keeps up with a $4K pre. Now for sacd via denonlink, which is one reason why I have kept my trusty denon 3910 universal. (I love the simplicity of DL3 and supposedly low jitter benefits?)

As soon as I put the first sacd on, via DL3 into the AVP, I smiled. Something about the sound was richer.
Then I did an A/B on cd vs sacd Diana Krall The Look of Love discs , 2ch pure direct on both, no sub, switching sources on same part of tracks.

SACD on Denonlink 3 digital to the AVP Dacs beat both the clarity and presence of the my 2ch cdp rig (Esoteric P500/Benchmark DAC) on CD. Maybe that is not a surprise to some, sacd vs cd, but this test was always the other way around previously when using my Denon 3805 which sounded muffled and led to me buying next to no SACDs previously. I guess the quality of the AVPs power supplies and Dacs really have made a huge leap over my previous avr, thank goodness.
I am so pleased - this is going to be one of my main reasons to have this AVP
My Denon 3910 just got a stay of execution

cheers
Norpus
post #1326 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 05:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by norpus View Post

Now that I have evaluated cd pure direct using the AVP vs a 2ch pre, I am satisfied it almost keeps up with a $4K pre. Now for sacd via denonlink, which is one reason why I have kept my trusty denon 3910 universal. (I love the simplicity of DL3 and supposedly low jitter benefits?)

As soon as I put the first sacd on, via DL3 into the AVP, I smiled. Something about the sound was richer.
Then I did an A/B on cd vs sacd Diana Krall The Look of Love discs , 2ch pure direct on both, no sub, switching sources on same part of tracks.

SACD on Denonlink 3 digital to the AVP Dacs beat both the clarity and presence of the my 2ch cdp rig (Esoteric P500/Benchmark DAC) on CD. Maybe that is not a surprise to some, sacd vs cd, but this test was always the other way around previously when using my Denon 3805 which sounded muffled and led to me buying next to no SACDs previously. I guess the quality of the AVPs power supplies and Dacs really have made a huge leap over my previous avr, thank goodness.
I am so pleased - this is going to be one of my main reasons to have this AVP
My Denon 3910 just got a stay of execution

Sounds good Norpus! I can't wait to I get my pre-amp now.

Frank

post #1327 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 06:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The BT2500 is an excellent transport! And after viewing several BD movies on it over the weekend, I'd easily say that it rates up there with the very best of them. PQ and the sound! Spectacular! DTS-HD MA and TrueHD sound phenomenal through the AVP! This transport paired up with the AVP is a match made in heaven. Since it is a Transport only, the only connections it has is the HDMI, and an RS 232 port. No DenonLink3 on board.

But the BT2500's benefits are in it's simplicity. It's sole job is getting the video and audio signals out via HDMI to be decoded in the AVP. And oh what a great job it does. I have no regrets with it, and hope that it lasts me a very long time. And with a fix coming very soon to address the -5db LFE issue for LPCM, this unit should be on peoples short list of top Blu-ray players.

So, I must assume that the 2500bt works well with CDs as well. Can you confirm it?
post #1328 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 07:26 AM

Quote:

The BT2500 is an excellent transport! And after viewing several BD movies on it over the weekend, I'd easily say that it rates up there with the very best of them. ... It's sole job is getting the video and audio signals out via HDMI to be decoded in the AVP. And oh what a great job it does.

Hi OhYeah,
Just trying to get a grip on this comment....

Surely any player with digital output will do exactly the same job - by and large, either the signal is retrieved or not?

From your comparisons, in what way do you think the BT2500 is better than other transports/players you have compared it to (and which ones were they)? Were they side-by-side comparisons, or done separately?

Cheers,
Roger
post #1329 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogergraham View Post

Surely any player with digital output will do exactly the same job - by and large, either the signal is retrieved or not?

Was googling a bit and some people think that the BT2500 is an exact clone of a Panasonic unit that costs half as much. Both units seem to have the exact same bugs.
post #1330 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 07:54 AM

Quote:

Currently I have the Sonos connected via digital into the Denon, so it can use the Denon’s DAC’s, having the Audyssey invoked I can’t recall hearing the Sonos sound so good on my system, it is very close to CD quality IMO. I've compared before and after results, and so far utilising the smarts built into the Denon, I very happy with the results.

Spearmint.....How are you connecting the Sonos digitally to the AVP?

Actually, nevermind, answered my own question...you are using the ZP-80 correct?..with the coax and optical output. The only reason I use(d) Sonos in the past was because of the convenience of streaming Rhapsody...but I can do that directly with the AVP.
post #1331 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member

Any thoughts yet on how the Audyssey performs on low level listening? They claim that the Audyssey works as an loudness control restoring the dynamic range at low volume. That alone would be reason for me to get one.
post #1332 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orologio View Post

Any thoughts yet on how the Audyssey performs on low level listening? They claim that the Audyssey works as an loudness control restoring the dynamic range at low volume. That alone would be reason for me to get one.

Well I am still not sure that I have set my system up correctly, and I will most likely do that this weekend, but I have had a play and I think with Audyssey EQ switched on it sounds better.
post #1333 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

I will have my unit today. I am an Audyssey installer and will set up the pro version. If the dynamic EQ workes the way it's supposed to, it will be wonderful as the sound and most importantly the dynamics will sound the same at ALL levels. As for the BT2500, I wonder why it's any better than the Panasonic BD30? Does the Denon have problems with the LFE? Panasonic has fixed that with the BD30.

gthomas
post #1334 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogergraham View Post

Hi OhYeah,
Just trying to get a grip on this comment....

From your comparisons, in what way do you think the BT2500 is better than other transports/players you have compared it to (and which ones were they)? Were they side-by-side comparisons, or done separately?

Cheers,
Roger

Actually no. I went from a Samsung to a Pioneer, and there was a tremendous difference in picture quality. Video noise on the Samsumg looked like bubbles, where on the Pioneer it looked like - well, noise (as it should). Same system except the player (BD version of Click). Although you are correct that IF they properly designed all players, the output should look the same and the only difference would be "features". I think also until recently for instance very few players output the "true" 1080p signal (some converted to 1080i, then back to 1080p).
post #1335 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

My unit just arrived at my office and I've loaded it in the car. Now if I just didn't have to play doctor the rest of the day.......

gthomas
post #1336 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 09:53 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nethomas View Post

My unit just arrived at my office and I've loaded it in the car. Now if I just didn't have to play doctor the rest of the day.......

Do tell where might your car be located....
post #1337 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:

Maybe you need to go home sick Just kidding.

Have a great time setting the AVP up tonight.

Chris

My HT: 60" Pioneer Elite PRO-151FD (calibration soon), Krell electronics, B&W N802s.
post #1338 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Here's the story on setting up my unit; I don't have my amp back from getting some work done on it. I am leaving for Miss. tomorrow night and won't be back juntil sunday night so no fun with the unit until late sunday night!! But, it'll be fun when it happens!!

gthomas
post #1339 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Here's the story on setting up my unit; I don't have my amp back from getting some work done on it. I am leaving for Miss. tomorrow night and won't be back juntil sunday night so no fun with the unit until late sunday night!! But, it'll be fun when it happens!!

What a bummer but enjoy once you have the time to set it up. Let us know what you think and how the Audyssey Pro works.
post #1340 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I haven't yet gone into all the Realta processing modes, so I'm not yet sure which setting yield the best results. Will dive into all that tomorrow sometime.

I did however get to try some HDCD's on the BT2500. And yes the AVP does automatically recognize and decode them. It's sounds great BTW.

Seth

Excellent news, thanks! I searched for "HDCD" in the 2500 manual and it found one instance but the actual text is not visible.
post #1341 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddimberio View Post

Yeah it does a nice job. I've already used and am satisfied.

Are you using HD Radio FM or analog FM?
post #1342 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by norpus View Post

Hi Rick

I avoided avr upgrades for a couple of years while they sorted their act out - and concentrated on the 2ch side. I was running a Denon 3805 and for hdmi switching/upscaling I used a VP30 and now VP50pro so didn't feel the pain of the old avr shortcomings in that area
Until I found these AVP were now available, I was just going to go the Denon 4308 way - as I like the denon functionality and still like the ease of denon link for my 3910. Spearmint was going to go the 4308 also, but he managed to convince himself to go the AVP and I don't think he regrets that decision from what we've discussed.
With the better dac implementation in this unit, I am expecting my Denon 3910 to take on a new lease of life on sacd. Well hoping anyway.

I also have a 3910 and am looking forward to hearing my SACDs via DLink.
post #1343 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

[quote=StephenBishop;13348723]
Quote:

Well I got the AVP to stream, sort of. The Denon recognized the WMA 11 player, and displayed album, artist and song info (including cover art). But when streaming, the sound kept cutting out, only giving a few seconds of sound at a time.

Seth

I am not using WMP11- so I do not know whether your music streaming problem is caused by WMP11. I am using a Maxtor Shared Storage II NAS and Twonky- and I get an instant and uninterrupted stream. The Maxtor NAS and my router are gigabit compliant.

On your other question, you can stop the stream if you press and hold the button on the RC or the front panel for about 3 seconds.

It sounds like a network issue. The cable run length shouldn't be an issue. It is possible that you have a bad cable? You are going to have to use a process of elimination to diagnose the problem. Start with the easiest/cheapest.

1) 30-day trial version of TwonkyMedia (http://www.twonkyvision.com/Download...dia/index.html)

2) New cable

3) New router
post #1344 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:

I will have my unit today. I am an Audyssey installer and will set up the pro version. If the dynamic EQ workes the way it's supposed to, it will be wonderful as the sound and most importantly the dynamics will sound the same at ALL levels. As for the BT2500, I wonder why it's any better than the Panasonic BD30? Does the Denon have problems with the LFE? Panasonic has fixed that with the BD30.

I'll look forward to reading your impressions of the unit. I was considering the stand alone Audyssey, although a lot more flexible with regards hardware implementation, but opted for the pre instead. I'm looking to buy the Installers Kit; however our local installer is refusing to sell it, so it looks like I'll need to import it. Before investing in it though I'd like some feedback on how much improvement there is using it compared to the Denon's front end.

"I may not always be RIGHT, but I'm never WRONG"
post #1345 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

[quote=gimp;13353771]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenBishop View Post

It sounds like a network issue. The cable run length shouldn't be an issue. It is possible that you have a bad cable? You are going to have to use a process of elimination to diagnose the problem. Start with the easiest/cheapest.

1) 30-day trial version of TwonkyMedia (http://www.twonkyvision.com/Download...dia/index.html)

2) New cable

3) New router

Yikes, I hope it's not the Ethernet cable as that thing was @#!@! to run and conceal. I'm hoping that it's the router as I have been wanting to upgrade anyway. Any good recommendations for a Gigabit router? Thanks.

Seth
post #1346 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Bummer that you have to wait a bit until you're able to set it up. But hey Sunday will be here before you know it. Congrats!
post #1347 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

post #1348 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:

Here a full system shot with the Denon in place.

WOW...I love the nice clean look of your system. I'm somewhat jealous of your gear as well.

Thanks for sharing!

"I may not always be RIGHT, but I'm never WRONG"
post #1349 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Here's a full system shot with the Denon in place.

Now that is impressive!
post #1350 of 1467 Old 03-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

One of the reasons that I may buy the A1HD is because the advertised Audyssey dynamic EQ. But I am a little confused here and my question is: after buying the A1HDCI, would I still need the separate installer kit to enable that feature and take advantage of Audyssey potentials or would I be able do the adjustments by my self considering that I could learn the process?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page