The "Official" new Integra receiver line-up thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1320 Old 05-29-2007, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Post all about the upcoming DTR's the 5.8, 6.8, 7.8, 8.8.....and the new pre-pro the DTC-9.8......

These have been spoken about enough on the Onkyo thread that I thought they should get their own....info is sketchy so far but......

http://integrahometheater.com/model....s=Receiver&p=s

......nothing yet......

I have seen some advance literature, but don't have a link...maybe someone else out there does...I'll see what I can add later too....this looks like a killer line-up esspecially for those looking to drive more difficult loads than the normal Onkyos like to push.

Please add

Seeking a speaker recomendation? Compare for yourself or be swayed by others who hear differantly, or by marketing, or just save time and get the cheapest , nicest looking, or smallest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1320 Old 05-29-2007, 12:57 PM

Liked: 10
From the font bezel, still no True-HD or DTS-MA support or 5.1 component in? I spoke with both my local integra dealers and they are clueless to the Onkyo line and to anything new from Integra. Wonder what the price bump is for the integra line.

-JD-
post #3 of 1320 Old 05-29-2007, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

From the font bezel, still no True-HD or DTS-MA support or 5.1 component in?

Advance lit I've seen indicates there IS such support. I'm glad this thread is here, info is sparce, but there is a dealer in Hawaii that had the skinny, maybe he'll show up.

Maybe one of the other dealers will mention more, but going from memory, I saw the Audyssey 2EQ logo, XMHD & NEURAL (for everything) , Sirius, RIHD, Faroudja DCDi EDGE, 1.3a (36bit deep color capable), etc on the DTR5.8

Quote:
Maybe someday in the future we will be able to quantify perceived Sound Quality .
(But not today....)

Earl Geddes Ph.D.
post #4 of 1320 Old 05-29-2007, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Anyone have back panel photos yet?

Quote:
Maybe someday in the future we will be able to quantify perceived Sound Quality .
(But not today....)

Earl Geddes Ph.D.
post #5 of 1320 Old 05-30-2007, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Try these on for size:
LL
LL
LL

Quote:
(But not today....)

Earl Geddes Ph.D.
post #6 of 1320 Old 05-30-2007, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

One More:
LL

Quote:
(But not today....)

Earl Geddes Ph.D.
post #7 of 1320 Old 05-30-2007, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 93
egcarter is the best source for the integra info.
post #8 of 1320 Old 05-30-2007, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Maybe he'll join us.....

Quote:
(But not today....)

Earl Geddes Ph.D.
post #9 of 1320 Old 05-30-2007, 10:20 PM

I'm here guys.

I do have the skinny on the new Integra lineup. Have complete specs and preliminary lit on some (5.8, 7.8, 9.8) as well, but won't post the lit until it's finalized. If you have any specific questions, just holler.

Here are the new models: (The DTR-4.6 will continue in the lineup)

DTR-5.8 (cousin to Onkyo TX-SR605) $800, 3rd week of June

DTR-6.8 (cousin to Onkyo TX-SR705) $1000, late August

DTR-7.8 (cousin to Onkyo TX-SR805) $1300, 3rd week of June

DTR-8.8 (cousin to Onkyo TX-SR905) $2400, late August

DTC-9.8 (new prepro...like a 905 without poweramp or streaming audio/IRadio...plus balanced audio connections) $TBD, late July

What are the differences between the Onkyo and Integra variants, you ask?

Integra products are designed with custom installation in mind. They only come in the Black Finish. They have hand-selected components (capacitors, etc). RS-232 ports for control up and down the line. 3 year warranty up and down the line.

There are also some feature enhancements over the Onkyo versions.
For instance, the 6.8 and higher all feature ethernet ports for I.P. control (AMX, Crestron, etc). The 7.8 and up also Zone 2 Subwoofer Out and Zone 2 HD component video out.

Here's the DTR-7.8

Eric
post #10 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 04:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Integra products are designed with custom installation in mind. They only come in the Black Finish. They have hand-selected components (capacitors, etc). RS-232 ports for control up and down the line. 3 year warranty up and down the line.

Also, the beefed up power supply will handle 4 ohm loads........

Quote:
(But not today....)

Earl Geddes Ph.D.
post #11 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 06:24 AM

OK, I have a question. I looked at the Onkyo TX-SR875 manual and see that it has no triggers for an outboard amp. Do any of you know if the TX-SR905 will have the trigger output or is that reserved for the Integra line? Also, any news you can share on the price of the DTC-9.8 would be most appreciated. Sounds crazy but I will be selling my RDC 7.1 for one of the new units. I don't have much faith that the RDC 7.1 will ever be updated for HDMI audio. Though I did like it, I think I need to sell it now while it still has some value. I know in some respects I will be downgrading but these units do so much more. Reon processing, Audyssey, HDMI audio, 4 inputs, etc. I am pissed at Onkyo/Integra research but crap, short of the Anthem AVM50 which costs far more, what else is there? I was looking into Denon but they use DCDi and that is dated technology. Any help?

ArtV
post #12 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

If you feel you need all the bells and whistles, there aren't a lot of budget pre-pro choices, which is why many use mass market AVR's as pre-pro's ignoring the reduced quality of analog output stage.

Quote:
(But not today....)

Earl Geddes Ph.D.
post #13 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 02:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post

Are you positive about this? We have a local Integra guy and he's always claiming that there is a difference in sound quality between the Integra and Onkyo line due to "hand-picked" parts, but if you compare Integra and Onkyo's specs they are identical.
Has this changed this year?
I have always felt you pay a premium for the custom installer features on the unit.

This bloody Redcoat said I was a terrorist.

Somewhere along the way I become an Elitist who looks down on the
cheap bastards who call themselves my AV Hobbyist peers.
I am not prepared.
post #14 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 02:30 PM

Quote:

The low-impedance handling is the same on Onkyo and Integra models. If you get one of the THX Ultra2 models in either line, they are certified for low-impedance loads...that IS one of the THX Ultra2 requirements.

Lower-end models on both lines are only certified down to 6ohm speakers.

E
post #15 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasV555 View Post

...snip...
I have always felt you pay a premium for the custom installer features on the unit.

As well you should! And the longer warranty, limited distribution, advanced replacement policy, etc.

E
post #16 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtV View Post

OK, I have a question. I looked at the Onkyo TX-SR875 manual and see that it has no triggers for an outboard amp. Do any of you know if the TX-SR905 will have the trigger output or is that reserved for the Integra line? Also, any news you can share on the price of the DTC-9.8 would be most appreciated. Sounds crazy but I will be selling my RDC 7.1 for one of the new units. I don't have much faith that the RDC 7.1 will ever be updated for HDMI audio. Though I did like it, I think I need to sell it now while it still has some value. I know in some respects I will be downgrading but these units do so much more. Reon processing, Audyssey, HDMI audio, 4 inputs, etc. I am pissed at Onkyo/Integra research but crap, short of the Anthem AVM50 which costs far more, what else is there? I was looking into Denon but they use DCDi and that is dated technology. Any help?

ArtV

Hi Art. I posted the full line brochure for the Onkyo models in the L O N G Onkyo thread. (It may in the first message by now). AFAIK, the 905 only has a 12V trigger for Zone2 activation.

That IS an additional feature that Integra offers across the board. All of the models (even the lowly old DTR-4.6) have 3 assignable 12V triggers. There will be new flagship models for the Onkyo family, they just aren't coming immediately.

I'll certainly let y'all know what the pricing of the DTC-9.8 will be as soon as they let us know. It's still TBD. I know of quite a few folks around here who are drooling over the 9.8.

Eric
post #17 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 03:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Apparently the DTR-5.8 has pre-outs for all 7.1 channels, as compared to the "cousin" TX-SR605 which does not. Interesting as this is the 1st time this important feature has been added at this level. Huge feature if one is going to add power amps for the those 7 channels. "Schadenfreude" 's pictures above show this but can this be verified???
post #18 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCSeminole View Post

Apparently the DTR-5.8 has pre-outs for all 7.1 channels, as compared to the "cousin" TX-SR605 which does not. Interesting as this is the 1st time this important feature has been added at this level. Huge feature if one is going to add power amps for the those 7 channels. "Schadenfreude" 's pictures above show this but can this be verified???

Well, I have conflicting info on that.

The comprehensive specs for the product line I have say only SUBWOOFER Pre-Outs. The photo (posted) I have shows 7.1 Pre-Outs on the DTR-5.8. The prelim datasheets says: "7.1 Multi-Channel Input & Pre-Output"

E
post #19 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, I'm going from the way I remember the differances being that , through the bulk of the line (yes, I know about the THX specs), the closest cousins in the Onkyo line usually were rated to 6ohms while the Integra's were to 4ohms...this was in the @$650- $1100 range, but this used to be similar with Yamaha with their HTR and RXV lines and that dissappeared over time and so it wouldn't surprise me to see that Onkyo's are 4 ohm rated across the line either, now (aside from the entry piece).
We do specificly use them because of the custom features and it would be nice to see a chart of the differances between the most similar units in the two line-ups, but I guess I would have to create one myself when the spec sheets become finalized.

Quote:
(But not today....)

Earl Geddes Ph.D.
post #20 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 05:17 PM

I do have the comprehensive specs for all of the new Integra units and certified 4 ohm performance is from the DTR-6.8 and up.

E
post #21 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I do have the comprehensive specs for all of the new Integra units and certified 4 ohm performance is from the DTR-6.8 and up.

All I have is that color feature check sheet with all the models listed, more comprehensive sheeets I've seen but I missed the meeting with the Integra guys (scheduling conflict).
I'm slowly getting stuff from fellow staff that was there.

It would seem that you would be the right guy to put together a list of each differance between the Onkyo and it's closest cousin Integra, ......if we could impose heavily on your time?

We could sweeten the deal by offering kudos, respect, appreciation, and even grant you "most favoured insider" status....PLEEEEASE? Pretty pleeeeease?

Quote:
(But not today....)

Earl Geddes Ph.D.
post #22 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 06:15 PM

Haha. unfortunately, we don't have similar comprehensive sheets with the Onkyo models!

They just don't publish those things as with the Integra line.

E
post #23 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

I think they can be pulled off the web now that they're shipping.

Hey, I gather you're a dealer down there, do you do Crestron or AMX?

Quote:
(But not today....)

Earl Geddes Ph.D.
post #24 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 93
egcarter thanks for the info again and although this is probably the wrong thread to ask
but is integra going to introduce an hd-dvd player since onkyo has announced one for 07.
post #25 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:

I think they can be pulled off the web now that they're shipping.

Hey, I gather you're a dealer down there, do you do Crestron or AMX?

Oh, I have the Onkyo lit, but it's not like the big comprehensive stuff I have on the Integra line. It's all pretty much spelled out there.

AMX!

Eric
post #26 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztech View Post

egcarter thanks for the info again and although this is probably the wrong thread to ask
but is integra going to introduce an hd-dvd player since onkyo has announced one for 07.

I had heard that the HD DVD player scheduled for October is Onkyo-branded. Haven't heard anything specific about Integra. I suppose all will be revealed come CEDIA Expo in September.

E
post #27 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by egcarter View Post

E

Will the DTC-9.8 have an HD radio tuner?

R
post #28 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razvanel View Post

Will the DTC-9.8 have an HD radio tuner?

R

Yes!

E
post #29 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 08:25 PM

The DTC-9.8 not only has an HD tuner, but it supports Sirius AND XM...and you can have all three operating simultaneously in different zones, if you so desire.

E
post #30 of 1320 Old 05-31-2007, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by egcarter View Post

The DTC-9.8 not only has an HD tuner, but it supports Sirius AND XM...and you can have all three operating simultaneously in different zones, if you so desire.

E

Sounds great, thank you! Burr Brown DAC's?

R
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page