D-Sonic custom Audio amps - Page 45 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #1321 of 1327 Old 06-08-2015, 09:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikela View Post
They are all Class D and hence run relatively cool...barely warm to the touch.
Yes, I am aware of class D efficiency but not all class D amps run 'cool'. Some run warmer then others. My Wyred4Sound MMC 7 for example ran pretty warm but the larger MC runs cooler from what I have read. I have class D amps in some subs that run 'very warm' while some of my other class D amp subs run slightly warm. So that's why I ask where these amps are heat wise. Do you own a DSonic M3 series? I have heard the Pascal modules run relatively cool on the Funk subs so I wanted to see if these amps are the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 1327 Old 06-09-2015, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuvin View Post
Yes, I am aware of class D efficiency but not all class D amps run 'cool'. Some run warmer then others. My Wyred4Sound MMC 7 for example ran pretty warm but the larger MC runs cooler from what I have read. I have class D amps in some subs that run 'very warm' while some of my other class D amp subs run slightly warm. So that's why I ask where these amps are heat wise. Do you own a DSonic M3 series? I have heard the Pascal modules run relatively cool on the Funk subs so I wanted to see if these amps are the same.
Here is what I own:

3 D-sonic M3-600M-A's (LCR)
1 D-sonic M3-2000-5 (surrounds)
1 D-sonic M3-2800-7 (surrounds)

and again...barely warm to the touch.
post #1323 of 1327 Old 06-09-2015, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 49
^ That's great to hear, thank you! Can you also tell me how much space you have for ventilation? I would assume since they do not produce much heat that could probably get away with minimal air space above. Do you think an inch of clearance would be OK for these amps?

Last edited by McLuvin; 06-09-2015 at 07:22 PM.
post #1324 of 1327 Old 06-09-2015, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuvin View Post
^ That's great to hear, thank you! Can you also tell me how much space you have for ventilation? I would assume since they do not produce much heat that could probably get away with minimal air space above. Do you think an inch of clearance would be OK for these amps?
I haven't permanently mounted mine yet. Eventually, they will be rack mounted in a ventilated equipment closet (shown in my build thread). As long as you have adequate ventilation you should be OK but I would check in with Dennis to make sure.
post #1325 of 1327 Old 06-15-2015, 01:28 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
D-Sonic ventilation

The smallest air gap provides adequate ventilation for the D-Sonic amps.
post #1326 of 1327 Old 06-18-2015, 02:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 14
new models

Did Dennis introduce new mono and stereo amps lately? There're a couple of listings on Agon for 1200watt mono and 2400watt stereo amps from D-sonic.. These are not on the D-sonic website though..

Speakers: Pioneer/TAD S-1EX, S-7EX, Ascend HTM200
Pre/Pro: Bel Canto Pre-6, Sherwood 972
Amp: D-Sonic M3-1200-A, D-sonic Magnum 7-3500
Source:Oppo 105, Ciunas DAC, SB Touch
post #1327 of 1327 Old 06-18-2015, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1000 View Post
Did Dennis introduce new mono and stereo amps lately? There're a couple of listings on Agon for 1200watt mono and 2400watt stereo amps from D-sonic.. These are not on the D-sonic website though..

Sam,

There is no change in amplifier technology here.

The original power ratings are valid for 230VAC service. The new ratings reflect outputs at 115VAC service. Most of my customers have 115VAC so I decided to change the specifications for this reason. They actually put out approximately 10% more power than what I show but I opted for a more conservative rating.

Dennis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page