D-Sonic custom Audio amps - Page 49 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

post #1441 of 1445 Old Today, 07:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitop View Post
I know the ATI uses the n-core engine. I know the D-Sonic does not. I read that it might be the Pascal engine, but I am not too familiar with that. I don't know much about the Wired 4 Sound. You think it is supposed to be similar to the D-Sonic? Has the Wired 4 Sound been compared to the ATI?

My goal is to see if the best D class amplifiers sound equal to or hopefully better than my Arcam amp. I bought a Sunfire which is an H class amp if I'm not mistaken. I am waiting for a processor upgrade, but with my current processor, I don't like the Sunfire. Some people swear by it and don't want anything else. It's all personal.

I think I've got it down to the D-Sonic and the ATI, but not sure I'll ever be able to compare the two. D-Sonic is sold direct so you can't find a dealer that has both. D-Sonic is less expensive. It also has less warranty, and I would think less resale because ATI is well known.

In any case, D-Sonic is in the Houston area and so am I so I am going to listen to them.
I'm on the north side and I drove over to Sugar Land and met Dennis. He gave me a demo and we talked amp design. I'm now using a d-sonic in my theater with JTR speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1445 Old Today, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7channelfreak View Post
I'm on the north side and I drove over to Sugar Land and met Dennis. He gave me a demo and we talked amp design. I'm now using a d-sonic in my theater with JTR speakers.
I am also on the North side. Did you ever listen to the ATI before you purchased?
post #1443 of 1445 Old Today, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitop View Post
I am also on the North side. Did you ever listen to the ATI before you purchased?
I don't think ATI was making a class d amp at that time. It was about 2 to 2.5 years ago. I had a sherbourne that was around 100 pounds. I wanted it gone as I have to pull out my rack to make changes and it was a pain to work with.

post #1444 of 1445 Old Today, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7channelfreak View Post
I don't think ATI was making a class d amp at that time. It was about 2 to 2.5 years ago. I had a sherbourne that was around 100 pounds. I wanted it gone as I have to pull out my rack to make changes and it was a pain to work with.
It sounded as good as your Sherbourne? I'd love to find a way to compare it to an ATI but unless I can find someone with an ATI that wants to bring it to Dennis place when I go there, I don't think it's going to happen.
post #1445 of 1445 Old Today, 01:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post
But I thought the D-Sonic amps were more similar to the Wired 4 Sound amps than the ATI... Can anyone clarify this for me please?
Wyred4Sound and D-Sonic used the same amps when they both were doing ICE amps from B&O. I don't know what Wyred4Sound is using now, but I believe they're using 3rd generation ICE amps. D-Sonic switched to Anaview and Pascal amps. I believe ATI is using NCore and my understanding is that NCore doesn't sound as good as Pascal, but I think that might be a subjective thing. I know Dennis has said in this thread that the Pascals were superior sounding to the ICE in his opinion and that's why he switched and that makes perfect sense. All of this has been discussed through the thread.

Diy Sound Group - Information & Tips
Builds: Maelstrom 21 Ottoman Build, Dual Opposed MFW's x 2, Statements, SEOS-12/TD12M x 5. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page