D-Sonic custom Audio amps - Page 49 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

Old Today, 07:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitop View Post
I know the ATI uses the n-core engine. I know the D-Sonic does not. I read that it might be the Pascal engine, but I am not too familiar with that. I don't know much about the Wired 4 Sound. You think it is supposed to be similar to the D-Sonic? Has the Wired 4 Sound been compared to the ATI?

My goal is to see if the best D class amplifiers sound equal to or hopefully better than my Arcam amp. I bought a Sunfire which is an H class amp if I'm not mistaken. I am waiting for a processor upgrade, but with my current processor, I don't like the Sunfire. Some people swear by it and don't want anything else. It's all personal.

I think I've got it down to the D-Sonic and the ATI, but not sure I'll ever be able to compare the two. D-Sonic is sold direct so you can't find a dealer that has both. D-Sonic is less expensive. It also has less warranty, and I would think less resale because ATI is well known.

In any case, D-Sonic is in the Houston area and so am I so I am going to listen to them.
I'm on the north side and I drove over to Sugar Land and met Dennis. He gave me a demo and we talked amp design. I'm now using a d-sonic in my theater with JTR speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement