D-Sonic custom Audio amps - Page 52 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 54Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #1531 of 1535 Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jonas2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: South Bay Area
Posts: 2,223
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcss View Post
Good call on the cabinet extension! I have Salamander Synergy and see that they have back panel extenders.
Yep! Ive got a Salamander Corsica, went with the active cooled rear-panel (way overpriced, but it works). Perfect fit for this amp!

5.2.4 System....Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60; Power Distribution: Panamax M5400-PM;
Mains:
Paradigm 85F and 55C (Piano Black); Side Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III (Dusk); Amplification: D-Sonic M3-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w);
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Sony BDP S-470, Pioneer CLD-59
Jonas2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1532 of 1535 Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
mikela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 731
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcss View Post
Does anyone know if the 5 channel amp comes in the same size box as the 7 channel amp? 18.5" deep may be a challenge for me.
I have both a 5 channel and a 7 channel in my system. They are the same chassis. The only difference is on the 5 channel there are seven connectors on the back panel but the outside two are plugged off. Certainly makes it easier for an upgrade to 7 channel.
gregcss likes this.
mikela is offline  
post #1533 of 1535 Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM
Senior Member
 
gregcss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikela View Post
I have both a 5 channel and a 7 channel in my system. They are the same chassis. The only difference is on the 5 channel there are seven connectors on the back panel but the outside two are plugged off. Certainly makes it easier for an upgrade to 7 channel.
thanks
gregcss is online now  
 
post #1534 of 1535 Old Today, 06:08 PM
Senior Member
 
gregcss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas2 View Post
Yep! Ive got a Salamander Corsica, went with the active cooled rear-panel (way overpriced, but it works). Perfect fit for this amp!
Per the specs the corsica's interior depth is 1.5" deeper than the Synergy, 19.5" vs 18". The extension adds 3.5" for a total of 21.5" on the synergy and 23" on the corsica. I'm gonna need around 23" to clear the cables. The only option would be to cut the standard back covers to give clearance.
gregcss is online now  
post #1535 of 1535 Unread Today, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jonas2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: South Bay Area
Posts: 2,223
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcss View Post
Per the specs the corsica's interior depth is 1.5" deeper than the Synergy, 19.5" vs 18". The extension adds 3.5" for a total of 21.5" on the synergy and 23" on the corsica. I'm gonna need around 23" to clear the cables. The only option would be to cut the standard back covers to give clearance.
Yeah, you'll want that extra 1.5". Are your back covers the solid sheets of black ABS? You could add spacers of some kind to the factory extended rear panel, but you'd have a gap, but not a big deal. -OR- like you said, cut out the standard back panel. I didn't realize they were different in that dimension.

5.2.4 System....Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60; Power Distribution: Panamax M5400-PM;
Mains:
Paradigm 85F and 55C (Piano Black); Side Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III (Dusk); Amplification: D-Sonic M3-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w);
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Sony BDP S-470, Pioneer CLD-59
Jonas2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off