D-Sonic custom Audio amps - Page 55 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 66Likes

post #1621 of 1622 Old 09-23-2017, 06:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster01 View Post
Just checking out purchasing a 7-channel 3A to replace my 10 year old NAD T-973. Does it require a '20-amp circuit'? I use a Furman voltage regulator for protection/voltage stabilization for my system. I see they have 2-power inputs in back- but mention the other is optional for 'professional installation'. Anyone go from a NAD and able to comment on any listening difference (Highs-mids-lows)? My NAD has been excellent performer and powers Magnepan 1.7is with ease- but always interested in finding something better since I'm on 'the upgrade road'.
I can't comment on a NAD comparison but I am sure you don't need a 20 amp circuit even though it would be a good idea. Also depends on The configuration you get. The 5400-7 should probably have a dedicated 20 amp even though I have no problems with my 5400-7 plugged in to a UPS/surgeprotector with 5 other things plugged in and I crank it to refenence and above regularly. These are very efficient amps.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Pre-Pro: Yamaha CX-A5100, Amp: D-Sonic M3-5400-7, Subs: 3 JTR Orbit Shifter LFU's, LCR: DIYSG F-15 Sentinels, Surrounds: Tannoy 802's, 4k player: Panasonic UB-900, 4k Gaming PC

Last edited by David Varner; 09-23-2017 at 06:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1622 Old Yesterday, 02:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Varner View Post
I can't comment on a NAD comparison but I am sure you don't need a 20 amp circuit even though it would be a good idea. Also depends on The configuration you get. The 5400-7 should probably have a dedicated 20 amp even though I have no problems with my 5400-7 plugged in to a UPS/surgeprotector with 5 other things plugged in and I crank it to refenence and above regularly. These are very efficient amps.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks for confirmation- I wasn't absolute sure by how things were worded on the site. I'd be getting the 'base 400' 7 - channel at that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page