post #23131 of 23136 Old 12-19-2014, 02:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
You seem to understand very well the concept here. ...Is this idea going to become reality?

* As for the trigger, forget it, which trigger in Onkyo's products! ...Including the 805 (Trigger Out for zone 2 ONLY!).

You want a trigger; do you have a Logitech Harmony remote control? ...That's your trigger.
It might become reality depending on Boxing Day pricing! As for harmony--I've owned two and they were such battery eaters I don't think I'll ever go back. I can just hit the power switch manually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23132 of 23136 Old 12-19-2014, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2372 Post(s)
Liked: 702
Batteries (alkaline) are very cheap on sale @ your local Walmart store.
...And nowadays they have some pretty good rechargeable batteries. Get two sets and you're probably set for life.

Me, if I was you (very simple) I would get the Denon X5200W receiver with XT32, Atmos, and Auro-3D upgrade.
Or, even better; I would wait for second gen receivers. ...From Denon/Marantz. ...Or a pre/pro from Marantz.

Then, you can always add the MiniDSP later on, with integrated Dirac Live. ...Just to check things out, for fun.

That way you can still use your maleficent 805 for a little while. ...Till we seriously get some software (Atmos/Auro). ...Couple years or so, @ this pace.

...XMC-1?

Last edited by NorthSky; 12-19-2014 at 04:55 PM. Reason: ...
post #23133 of 23136 Old Today, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My apologies if this question has definitively been answered previously, but with so many posts, I'm having trouble finding the answer.

I have a very successful setup with a PS3 and a Panasonic AE4000u projector, running through the TX SR-805. I'm thinking about getting the AE8000u, partly for the occasional 3D.

Can someone definitively say whether the necessary 3D signal will pass through the receiver via HDMI?

Thanks!

Tiger
post #23134 of 23136 Old Today, 05:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerninety View Post
My apologies if this question has definitively been answered previously, but with so many posts, I'm having trouble finding the answer.

I have a very successful setup with a PS3 and a Panasonic AE4000u projector, running through the TX SR-805. I'm thinking about getting the AE8000u, partly for the occasional 3D.

Can someone definitively say whether the necessary 3D signal will pass through the receiver via HDMI?

Thanks!

Tiger
I don't think anyone would give you a definitive "it will work". You may hear an "it worked for me".
The bandwidth required for 3d is much greater and our 805 hdmi boards are at best "inconsistent".
My two 805's have been bullet proof and I keep them around, one as a home theater spare and one as
an office audio system. No way I would trade one for the $100 or so they are worth anymore.
post #23135 of 23136 Old Today, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerninety View Post

Thanks!

Tiger
Nope I have it also was using as back up when my 709 died and that made for a headache when the kids wanted to watch a 3D movie, LOL!
post #23136 of 23136 Old Today, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2372 Post(s)
Liked: 702
Just try to find a Sony BDP-S790 Blu-ray player. ...It's around $150-180 and it has two HDMI outputs ...Exactly what you want with your 805.
The 805 definitely WON'T accept neither pass 3D from HDMI.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page