The "Official" Denon AVR-3808CI Thread - Page 677 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #20281 of 20285 Old 09-29-2014, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks Kevin. I appreciate it!

Next question. I am using a 2 speaker set up in the main room. I would like to be able to use zone 2 (2 speakers) for outdoor and zone 3 (2 speakers) for another room. I would like to be able to listen to the same source in all 3 rooms. I don't want to have to purchase another amp/receiver.

How do I do this?

Thanks,

Brett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20282 of 20285 Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by outabounds68 View Post
Thanks Kevin. I appreciate it!

Next question. I am using a 2 speaker set up in the main room. I would like to be able to use zone 2 (2 speakers) for outdoor and zone 3 (2 speakers) for another room. I would like to be able to listen to the same source in all 3 rooms. I don't want to have to purchase another amp/receiver.

How do I do this?

Thanks,

Brett
The simplest way is the way I do it, run extra analog stations for what you want to listen to on zone 2. Example hdmi is cable box but you can't listen to hdmi in zone 2, use additional red/white rca jacks from cable box to cable input, then dedicate zone 2 for extra speakers, run the speakers to a speaker selector box like a 4 way for about 25 bucks. done.

http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-1099...eaker+selector
post #20283 of 20285 Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok I got somebody that speaks my language here. I appreciate that. Great solution, makes perfect sense.

Curve ball. What if I want to listen to the radio? Avid sports fan and I like to listen to the postgame interviews on the back deck and inside so when I go in and out, the postgame is playing thru the entire house.

Also (I know I am pushing it here) when you do run Zone 2, does that cut the power down on zone 1?

Thanks.
post #20284 of 20285 Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1103 Post(s)
Liked: 1523
^^
Networking sources and the AM/FM Tuner will also play to Zones 2/3 along with external sources passing PCM 2.0 audio connected with an optical cable or digital coax. And yes, as there is only one power supply, if the AVR is also powering Zone 2 speakers, that will reduce available power to Zone 1 (although may not be noticeable if playing below reference volume levels).

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Mon - Fri: 10am – 10pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #20285 of 20285 Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
Networking sources and the AM/FM Tuner will also play to Zones 2/3 along with external sources passing PCM 2.0 audio connected with an optical cable or digital coax. And yes, as there is only one power supply, if the AVR is also powering Zone 2 speakers, that will reduce available power to Zone 1 (although may not be noticeable if playing below reference volume levels).
thanks JD, lost track, thought I was on the ONKYO receivers !!

I thought if you were using zone 2 you had to use receiver as 5.1 with no degradation of power?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 3808ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page