I'm having trouble performing the reset. I've looked at p58 in the manual, and it looks like it should be working, but no reset happens even after waiting for an hour. All of the input set up details are still there. I'm wondering if I'm waiting too long, too short, letting go of the buttons in the wrong order...
So here's what I'm doing:
1. I make sure the amp is off using the "big" button (which I think says standby and something else)
2. Then I turn off the "little button" <power>
3. Then I hold down the <Standard> and <DSP Simulation> buttons on the front panel, and simultaneously press the little <power>button.
4. I get the whole front panel lit up and flashing ~1/second which sounds like what it's supposed to do. So then I let go of buttons simultaneously, and then it seems to go to starting up as if no reset were taking place. It does go to the FM input, which was NOT the last input it was on. So it seemed almost as if it was starting. But nothing seems to be happening, even after waiting over an hour.
5. I have tried releasing several different button release sequences. Letting go of power first, letting go of the Standard/DSP button first, holding it down for a really long time (it eventually went into regular start up mode), holding it for a short time (just enough time to see it flash twice).
So what does a successful reset look like? Are there any tricks to the reset? Other ideas?
Actually, let me describe the issue in case there's another solution that I wasn't able to find while searching a 679 page thread.
Basically, the set-up the for each source is not showing up on the left/source side. And changes are not retained when I go into the set up for each source. This all started after a lightening hit the house. But it all lights up and the FM input worked with static audible until I tried to start messing with the inputs. I guess it had been clear/unused before. I'm pretty much at a loss, and don't want to drag it/ship it to a repair center if there is something I can actually do here. And I've had this receiver since 2008, and have had it working this whole time. But maybe there is some newbie issue I'm forgetting given that I haven't played with a lot of the settings in a long, long time.
Thanks in advance for any advice.