The "Official" Denon AVR-3808CI Thread - Page 690 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #20671 of 20678 Old 08-20-2017, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Denon AVR-3808

Hi,
I have a Denon AVR-3808 with firmware update issue.
When I power up, after same seconds I see on display :
Please wait… Update retry
and after:
Sub Firm Updating 25min
DSP1 Firm Updating 24 min ...remain forever on display.
I try all that I read on internet:
Power up using Standard and DSP Simulation to reset and after try again to update.

HDMI connections are ok and internet radio is ok.
Browsing internet I found it is possible to update using PC with: “DFW_0019_AVR_AVC3808_(Rev.1.0.12).exe” but I can't find this software on internet.
I have service manual and I verify all voltages on the 1U-3799 DIGITAL P.W.B Unit and there are ok.

I made the diagnose with using STATUS and RETURN:

Main Ver02.04

Sub Ver01.11

DSP1 Ver00.00

DSP2 Ver00.00

GUI FPGA CONFIG : A080719A

GUI PRG : 00007621

GUI DAT : 37750020

Please help with any advice.
Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20672 of 20678 Old 09-06-2017, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My 3808 is working fine. I have a setup issue, however, that I've not been able to solve. I want to feed an analog signal to a base that transmits a signal to my hearing aids. I currently feed it with the analog out from my cable box. Works great - I can hear the TV programs and my wife can listen through the speakers. This works great for TV but does nothing for DVDs or Amazon Firestick. I have tried a device that strips the audio from the HDMI cable going to the TV and feed that signal through a small amp to my hearing aid base. I don't get any sound. I guess I could try to feed it from my zone 3 pre-out but that gets a little clunky. Tried using the VCR and DVR outputs but didn't get any sound. I guess that the unit needs to see a DVR / VCR for these ports to be active. I have neither. Is there any way to output a Digital and analog signal at the same time from the 3808? Anyone have any thoughts.
post #20673 of 20678 Old 09-07-2017, 09:43 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapeluso View Post
My 3808 is working fine. I have a setup issue, however, that I've not been able to solve. I want to feed an analog signal to a base that transmits a signal to my hearing aids. I currently feed it with the analog out from my cable box. Works great - I can hear the TV programs and my wife can listen through the speakers. This works great for TV but does nothing for DVDs or Amazon Firestick. I have tried a device that strips the audio from the HDMI cable going to the TV and feed that signal through a small amp to my hearing aid base. I don't get any sound. I guess I could try to feed it from my zone 3 pre-out but that gets a little clunky. Tried using the VCR and DVR outputs but didn't get any sound. I guess that the unit needs to see a DVR / VCR for these ports to be active. I have neither. Is there any way to output a Digital and analog signal at the same time from the 3808? Anyone have any thoughts.
I've done this before, but like you, not from the AVR. You could try the preamp out on the back of the AVR, or if you are alone you could try the headphone jack. Monoprice has some nice gadgets for splitting HDMI and an HDMI to RCA box.

post #20674 of 20678 Old 09-08-2017, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantb3 View Post
I've done this before, but like you, not from the AVR. You could try the preamp out on the back of the AVR, or if you are alone you could try the headphone jack. Monoprice has some nice gadgets for splitting HDMI and an HDMI to RCA box.
I currently use Zone 2 for my 7.1 setup. I use the Zone 3 pre amp out to feed my whole house system. I tried to redirect this and feed a small amp but could not get sound. When I use Zone 3 to connect to my computer as source and play music from my PC I get sound to my whole house system. If I change the source to Fios TV I get nothing so it seems it is selective as to what it will play.

Tried a HDMI to RCA box from Amazon. Even fed the signal through a small amp. Couldn't get that to work either.
post #20675 of 20678 Old 09-08-2017, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15368 Post(s)
Liked: 7517
Quote:
Where possible also connect a RCA cable from the source to the AVR in addition to HDMI for the main zone. By doing this you could connect to either of the analog or Zones 2/3 pre-outs.
post #20676 of 20678 Old 09-08-2017, 09:19 PM
ebo
Advanced Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I had a similar problem. I wanted to feed audio from any source, 2.0 or 5.1, to 2.0 analog for a cordless headphone transmitter and also to powered speakers in another room, without cutting off the main (Zone 1) audio. Denon seems to go out of its way to frustrate users who want to do reasonable and obvious things with audio. Most of my sources are HDMI. If the 3808 sends HDMI audio to its amps and speakers, it strips it off of the HDMI output. It leaves the audio on the HDMI output only if it doesn't process it otherwise. It converts HDMI audio to analog only to drive the Zone 1 speakers. That audio can't be fed to other zones or to VCR outputs.

I bought a simple stereo mixer (Rolls MiniMix II, but there are many others that probably would work as well). I fed the Denon preamp's front left and right outputs to L&R of one mixer input, and split the center output with a Y cable to L&R of another input. I adjusted levels to roughly match if dialog was left and right (2.0) or center channel only (5.1).

The mixer's output was enough for the headphone transmitter but the powered speakers needed more, so I fed the mixer's output back into the Denon's CD input, sent that to Zone 2 and cranked the Zone 2 volume all the way up.

Of course the volume to the headphones and remote speakers vary with the Zone 1 volume but that's fine for my purposes. Both have their own volume controls.
post #20677 of 20678 Old 09-14-2017, 05:27 AM

OK - here is what worked. I purchased a new base for my hearing aids. It has optical in, coax in and RCA in. Moved the Firestick to the TV. Split the optical out on the TV with a splitter purchased on Amazon to feed the Denon and my hearing aid base. Now get sound out of the Denon and my hearing aids. Not fancy but it works.
post #20678 of 20678 Old 09-15-2017, 06:15 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
OK - here is what worked. I purchased a new base for my hearing aids. It has optical in, coax in and RCA in. Moved the Firestick to the TV. Split the optical out on the TV with a splitter purchased on Amazon to feed the Denon and my hearing aid base. Now get sound out of the Denon and my hearing aids. Not fancy but it works.
Which aids/streamer? Nice that it has optical in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
click , Denon , Denon Avr 3808ci Receiver , mute , relay

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page