post #12991 of 12993 Old 01-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by karransk View Post

I bought a couple of fans that someone posted here and placed them on top of the unit with a thermostat that switches on the fans automatically once a set temp (I believe it's 80) is reached. So far, it's been running pretty cool as it is in a very well ventilated cool room and is now on a Lovan rack on the top shelf. I like the open design of the Lovan and there's plenty of air circulation all around. 

This forum was very useful as I read many posts well before my unit arrived. Thanks for your tip.. I don't recall, was it you who posted the fan solution.. I can't remember and have no desire to scroll back. In any case, thank you from a fellow member of this forum. There's some pretty cool stuff on this site and I was especially reading about the various CES products showcased in Vegas.. can't really find a use for some of them, unless you have a gazillion and oodles of time to spare to boot. Curved, bendable screens that can switch back to flat and so on. 

It was me, and here's the link if anyone's still looking:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amp-Receiver-component-cooling-fans-with-thermoswitch-/360590577966?pt=US_Home_Audio_Amplifiers_Preamps&hash=item53f4df912e
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12992 of 12993 Old 08-03-2014, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
A friend of mine recently obtained one of these. I am helping him get it setup and have a couple of questions.

Can the unit be controlled by the Integra Android application? If not then what is the purpose of the ethernet port?

How does one enter a network key to attached the unit to a secure network?
post #12993 of 12993 Old 08-04-2014, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadoublej View Post
A friend of mine recently obtained one of these. I am helping him get it setup and have a couple of questions.

Can the unit be controlled by the Integra Android application? If not then what is the purpose of the ethernet port?

How does one enter a network key to attached the unit to a secure network?
I hooked mine up to my network at one point and I never found an advantage to doing so. It's pointless to me. Apparently, there's some kind of protocol that allows you access to the 9.8, but I am not a programmer, so I don't use it.

Chet
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page