The Official INTEGRA DTC-9.8 Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Member
 
fakerley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRT View Post

I'm done talking about wires. I have made my purchase.

Me too. I just bought the Blue Jeans so I am done!

Frank

GO Red Wings
fakerley is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Glashub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA, CA - 818
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Raz, pulled the trigger on the 9.8? LOL Well that's good news. It means, to me, that after all of the pain he's been through they must be doing something right.

I'm sure few people can go through and check out a pre/pro (especially Integra) the way Raz can.
Glashub is offline  
post #183 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:05 PM
TRT
AVS Special Member
 
TRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Let's whine some more about the fact that the 9.8 doesn't have a door on the face to cover the buttons and knobs. How about the fact that it looks like a Onkyo. Maybe one of our all time favorites: The silver knob and power button! The DAC's aren't good enough. Come on pick something!!!!!!!
TRT is offline  
post #184 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Gary Murrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 10,927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
simple answer about cables, make your own, if you are so inclined there is nothing like making your own cables, you can beat 100$+ per foot cables for 20% of that cost

Balanced XLR's are especially easy to make as is shielded speaker cables, interconnects, power and etc.

back to the thread, as soon as someone gets this thing in their hands they better report

we have all been waiting far too long on the pre-amp front

-Gary
Gary Murrell is offline  
post #185 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Member
 
fakerley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRT View Post

Let's whine some more about the fact that the 9.8 doesn't have a door on the face to cover the buttons and knobs. How about the fact that it looks like a Onkyo. Maybe one of our all time favorites: The silver knob and power button! The DAC's aren't good enough. Come on pick something!!!!!!!


SHUT-UP SHUT-UP SHUT-UP!

Let's not talk about knobs or face plates!!!

Frank

GO Red Wings
fakerley is offline  
post #186 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:11 PM
TRT
AVS Special Member
 
TRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I've got a good question: Do you always have to refresh the browser to see the next post or is there a control that you can enable?


T.
TRT is offline  
post #187 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Razvanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRT View Post

The DAC's aren't good enough.

I don't recall anyone complaining about the DAC's... As far as I know they're very good DAC's, no?

R
Razvanel is offline  
post #188 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
pengilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pengilly, MN On beautiful Swan Lake
Posts: 703
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakerley View Post

Me too. I just bought the Blue Jeans so I am done!

You wont be sorry, they are made from brand name high quality wire, nothing fancy just good stuff. I like that Belden wire. The Colbalt stuff Ive owned were a little "cooler looking" worked great and had the best customer service. Great return policy, no questioned asked. Ok now whos going to be the first one with the new 9.8? Place your bets here! I cant wait
pengilly is offline  
post #189 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Member
 
Squelch Oil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I realize this is the Integra thread, but since a number of people seem to be leaning towards the Emotiva product as an AMP, I thought I'd share my 2 cents on the IPS-1 I just spent the weekend playing with. I don't have my 9.8 yet, so I have it hooked to the pre-outs on my DTR -7.1. Coming from the 7.1, I can't say that I hear a significant difference in sound quality.

The unit seems to run very cool at relatively high volumes. Aside from that, my ears start bleeding before I max out the volume, which is not surprising given my 13x18x8 room dimensions. I don't believe the bleeding has anything to do with clipping or quality, just the sheer decibels in a small space, since it sounds good up to the point I just can't take it anymore

I have listened to a variety of music on the Amp, as well as a couple of movies. The Eagles DVD-A sounds awesome, but again, to my ears, I can't really point at a significant difference coming from the DTR's amps. I have my mains set to small since I have a Velodyne DD-15 sub, which means my DTR didn't have to work all that hard, which may have some bearing on my impression that the DTR amp made the system sound about as good as the Emotiva.

One thing is for sure, the unit does pull considerably more power then just the DTR stand alone. I discovered that my knucklehead of a contractor did not run a separate 20 amp circuit just for the equipment rack as I asked...instead he connected it to the same breaker as my mother in laws bathroom. So, I kid you not, my son was playing a video game this morning when grandma turned on the hair dryer...lets just say that given the Amp, PS3, and Hairdryer, that breaker popped pretty darn quick. One might wonder how he snookered me , well, the lazy SOB installed a 20amp breaker, put a label next to it, but didn't actually hook anything to it on the back side.

The one area that did stand out to me is the packaging, wow, this thing is triple boxed, and has a cloth bag around it. The only bearing that has in my opinion is that if this company pays that much attention to detail to make sure that your receiver arrives not only undamaged, but also unblemished in any way, then it leads me to think that they probably give at least that much attention to the insides of the box as well.
Squelch Oil is offline  
post #190 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:17 PM
TRT
AVS Special Member
 
TRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengilly View Post

You wont be sorry, they are made from brand name high quality wire, nothing fancy just good stuff. I like that Belden wire. The Colbalt stuff Ive owned were a little "cooler looking" worked great and had the best customer service. Great return policy, no questioned asked. Ok now whos going to be the first one with the new 9.8? Place your bets here! I cant wait

Belden makes the Cobalt's, too.
TRT is offline  
post #191 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Member
 
Squelch Oil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey TRT, I think you need to turn the black knob to the right to advance to the next posting, if your knob is silver though, it doesn't work right
Squelch Oil is offline  
post #192 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:20 PM
TRT
AVS Special Member
 
TRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My dealer told me last week that Integra has completely revamped their rep network so let's hope that doesn't hold up delivery.
TRT is offline  
post #193 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Member
 
fakerley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengilly View Post

You wont be sorry, they are made from brand name high quality wire, nothing fancy just good stuff. I like that Belden wire. The Colbalt stuff Ive owned were a little "cooler looking" worked great and had the best customer service. Great return policy, no questioned asked. Ok now whos going to be the first one with the new 9.8? Place your bets here! I cant wait

I believe I am first on my dealers list but it depends on what dealer gets theirs first and then how fast they can ship them. You guys who have local dealers won't have to wait on the Fedex truck. DANG!

You know, we all sound like a bunch of kids 10 days before Christmas.

Frank

GO Red Wings
fakerley is offline  
post #194 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:22 PM
TRT
AVS Special Member
 
TRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squelch Oil View Post

Hey TRT, I think you need to turn the black knob to the right to advance to the next posting, if your knob is silver though, it doesn't work right

I'm just kidding around. I dropped money on my pre-order when Eric posted the prelim. sell sheet. Sold!
TRT is offline  
post #195 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
pengilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pengilly, MN On beautiful Swan Lake
Posts: 703
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Suppose to be very good DACs Burr Brown . This info is from Egcarter. He has alot of info on these new products.
pengilly is offline  
post #196 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Member
 
fakerley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakerley View Post

I believe I am first on my dealers list but it depends on what dealer gets theirs first and then how fast they can ship them. You guys who have local dealers won't have to wait on the Fedex truck. DANG!

You know, we all sound like a bunch of kids 10 days before Christmas.


I bet the dealers closest to Japan get their first.

Frank

GO Red Wings
fakerley is offline  
post #197 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:25 PM
TRT
AVS Special Member
 
TRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
You know, we all sound like a bunch of kids 10 days before Christmas


CLASSIC
TRT is offline  
post #198 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
B&W700guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,593
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
See this is what happens when someone starts a "Official" Thread too early! "Cat's and Dog's sleeping together Mass Hysteria "

Bill Murray....GhostBusters
B&W700guy is offline  
post #199 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:35 PM
TRT
AVS Special Member
 
TRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Now Hear This! I want my pre-pro and I want it NOW!

With each passing day, my Denon receiver is looking older and older and older. I want a divorce!
TRT is offline  
post #200 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
pengilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pengilly, MN On beautiful Swan Lake
Posts: 703
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I went through the same thing I thought plugging in my new amp was going to be a "WOW" moment, it wasnt, but its all those small improvments that add up to something that sounds pretty nice one day. Since then Ive tryed other amps, but so far nothing has topped the CA301. The head room is also a nice feature. Is this a great hobby or a sickness, im still not sure.
pengilly is offline  
post #201 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Member
 
fishingeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squelch Oil View Post

I realize this is the Integra thread, but since a number of people seem to be leaning towards the Emotiva product as an AMP, I thought I'd share my 2 cents on the IPS-1 I just spent the weekend playing with. I don't have my 9.8 yet, so I have it hooked to the pre-outs on my DTR -7.1. Coming from the 7.1, I can't say that I hear a significant difference in sound quality.

The unit seems to run very cool at relatively high volumes. Aside from that, my ears start bleeding before I max out the volume, which is not surprising given my 13x18x8 room dimensions. I don't believe the bleeding has anything to do with clipping or quality, just the sheer decibels in a small space, since it sounds good up to the point I just can't take it anymore

I have listened to a variety of music on the Amp, as well as a couple of movies. The Eagles DVD-A sounds awesome, but again, to my ears, I can't really point at a significant difference coming from the DTR's amps. I have my mains set to small since I have a Velodyne DD-15 sub, which means my DTR didn't have to work all that hard, which may have some bearing on my impression that the DTR amp made the system sound about as good as the Emotiva.

One thing is for sure, the unit does pull considerably more power then just the DTR stand alone. I discovered that my knucklehead of a contractor did not run a separate 20 amp circuit just for the equipment rack as I asked...instead he connected it to the same breaker as my mother in laws bathroom. So, I kid you not, my son was playing a video game this morning when grandma turned on the hair dryer...lets just say that given the Amp, PS3, and Hairdryer, that breaker popped pretty darn quick. One might wonder how he snookered me , well, the lazy SOB installed a 20amp breaker, put a label next to it, but didn't actually hook anything to it on the back side.

The one area that did stand out to me is the packaging, wow, this thing is triple boxed, and has a cloth bag around it. The only bearing that has in my opinion is that if this company pays that much attention to detail to make sure that your receiver arrives not only undamaged, but also unblemished in any way, then it leads me to think that they probably give at least that much attention to the insides of the box as well.

Thanks for the report on the IPS-1. I can't wait to check mine out tomorrow.
fishingeek is offline  
post #202 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:48 PM
TRT
AVS Special Member
 
TRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengilly View Post

I went through the same thing I thought plugging in my new amp was going to be a "WOW" moment, it wasnt, but its all those small improvments that add up to something that sounds pretty nice one day. Since then Ive tryed other amps, but so far nothing has topped the CA301. The head room is also a nice feature. Is this a great hobby or a sickness, im still not sure.

No, this is a great hobby! I'm just as bad when it comes to golf. If everybody in this thread came to visit me, you could all put together a really nice set of clubs right out of my garage!

T.
TRT is offline  
post #203 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:50 PM
TRT
AVS Special Member
 
TRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squelch Oil View Post

I realize this is the Integra thread, but since a number of people seem to be leaning towards the Emotiva product as an AMP, I thought I'd share my 2 cents on the IPS-1 I just spent the weekend playing with. I don't have my 9.8 yet, so I have it hooked to the pre-outs on my DTR -7.1. Coming from the 7.1, I can't say that I hear a significant difference in sound quality.

The unit seems to run very cool at relatively high volumes. Aside from that, my ears start bleeding before I max out the volume, which is not surprising given my 13x18x8 room dimensions. I don't believe the bleeding has anything to do with clipping or quality, just the sheer decibels in a small space, since it sounds good up to the point I just can't take it anymore

I have listened to a variety of music on the Amp, as well as a couple of movies. The Eagles DVD-A sounds awesome, but again, to my ears, I can't really point at a significant difference coming from the DTR's amps. I have my mains set to small since I have a Velodyne DD-15 sub, which means my DTR didn't have to work all that hard, which may have some bearing on my impression that the DTR amp made the system sound about as good as the Emotiva.

One thing is for sure, the unit does pull considerably more power then just the DTR stand alone. I discovered that my knucklehead of a contractor did not run a separate 20 amp circuit just for the equipment rack as I asked...instead he connected it to the same breaker as my mother in laws bathroom. So, I kid you not, my son was playing a video game this morning when grandma turned on the hair dryer...lets just say that given the Amp, PS3, and Hairdryer, that breaker popped pretty darn quick. One might wonder how he snookered me , well, the lazy SOB installed a 20amp breaker, put a label next to it, but didn't actually hook anything to it on the back side.

The one area that did stand out to me is the packaging, wow, this thing is triple boxed, and has a cloth bag around it. The only bearing that has in my opinion is that if this company pays that much attention to detail to make sure that your receiver arrives not only undamaged, but also unblemished in any way, then it leads me to think that they probably give at least that much attention to the insides of the box as well.

I'm waiting on a back-ordered MPS-1 so I'd better take a good look at my electrical path.
TRT is offline  
post #204 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Senior Member
 
khoyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Snowy Minnesota
Posts: 375
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yikes - over 200 posts already on the "official" Integra 9.8 thread and not a single person has seen one!!

Couldn't all this have speculation been kept in the regular "new intgras coming" thread until we have something real to talk about? I keep skimming this hoping someone will actually talk in real terms about a real unit that they really own, but instead see talk trying to make me feel inadequate when I buy cable from MonoPrice and MarkerTek. I just can't put aside those degrees I have in EE and buy the really expensive stuff..

Can someone edit the title on this thread when someone actually gets one?

[/WHINE]
khoyme is offline  
post #205 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Member
 
D-Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squelch Oil View Post

... I thought I'd share my 2 cents on the IPS-1 I just spent the weekend playing with. I don't have my 9.8 yet, so I have it hooked to the pre-outs on my DTR -7.1. Coming from the 7.1, I can't say that I hear a significant difference in sound quality...

Most interesting. Do you know whether the IPS-1 require any break-in period of time to get up to full speed like some amps are proported to do or is it suppose to hit the ground running at full throttle right out the box?

I'd be especially interested in your comments comparing the DTR-7.1 avr by itself, the DTR-7.1/IPS-1 combo and the DTC-9.8/IPS-1 combo on similiar materials after your DTC-9.8 arrives.
D-Bucket is offline  
post #206 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Member
 
iknowdoyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacksfan51 View Post

I am thinking of ordering some XLR's from here. For this price, I think it is worth a try, plus they have the spiffy mesh covers, that other companies charge a fortune for.
http://www.bestdealcables.com/LineList.aspx?LineID=20

I know the wire discussion was started and finished, but since no one spoke up on these...

I bought the full assortment of bestdealcables about a year ago, and I'm really pleased. Solid build quality, pricing isn't too bad if you get them with a discount code, or a deal like they're running now, and the WAF is high.

I especially like the HDMI cables, since they have a locking feature. Before I picked those up I'd always have to recheck my cabling every time I moved a unit, even slightly.

I'm sure these cables may be a low end set for someone, but I think they're great.

Just my 2 cents.

Ryan
iknowdoyou is offline  
post #207 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Member
 
fakerley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoyme View Post

Yikes - over 200 posts already on the "official" Integra 9.8 thread and not a single person has seen one!!

Couldn't all this have speculation been kept in the regular "new intgras coming" thread until we have something real to talk about? I keep skimming this hoping someone will actually talk in real terms about a real unit that they really own, but instead see talk trying to make me feel inadequate when I buy cable from MonoPrice and MarkerTek. I just can't put aside those degrees I have in EE and buy the really expensive stuff..

Can someone edit the title on this thread when someone actually gets one?

Well thanks for throwing a wet blanket on our Christmas in July discussion. I guess I will just go to bed now and try to fall asleep without crying.

Frank

GO Red Wings
fakerley is offline  
post #208 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 08:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Kal Rubinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC + Connecticut
Posts: 28,428
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowdoyou View Post

I especially like the HDMI cables, since they have a locking feature.

??? How do they lock? DVI is much more physically secure.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Kal Rubinson is online now  
post #209 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Member
 
iknowdoyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRT View Post

I'm waiting on a back-ordered MPS-1 so I'd better take a good look at my electrical path.

I'm checking the same with the electrical.

Not to push anyone's buttons on the IPS unit, but even though I hear good things about it, I've heard that the MPS blows it away.

The fact that it's modular is a plus, especially for the price range, and I hear that they have new cards that allow for two channels per slot, making it a (possible) 14 channel unit.

I'm going to end up buying the chassis with five cards, and get the other two at a later date. I don't have the room space for 7.1, but I'd rather not buy another amp when I do, and I can save $400 for now not buying the 2 cards.

Ryan
iknowdoyou is offline  
post #210 of 12993 Old 07-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Member
 
Bobkbusch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a new IPS-1 as well. I am waiting for the 9.8, so meanwhile, I'm using my Yamaha DSP-A1 as a 5.1 pre-amp. Until the 9.8 arrives, I'm running five speakers (two with powered 300 watt subwoofers), a Velodyne DD-15, the Yamaha, the IPS-1, and a PS3, and a dedicated exhaust fan, through an APC H15 surge protector with a current display.

I was concerned I had too much on a 15 amp breaker, but I only pull 5 to 5.5 amps at ear bleed levels. Obviously, I'll pull a little more when I add the other two channels, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, I tried some cheap RCA cables I've had for many, many years, to connect the Yamaha to the IPS-1. Sounded fantastic, but looked like crap. So, I bought some nice looking cheap 3' RCA cables from Monoprice. Still sounds fantastic and now it looks a lot nicer behind my a/v rack.
Bobkbusch is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off