post #91 of 385 Old 09-28-2007, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigW View Post

MonkeyGoD,

When you tested with the 30ft distance, were all the speakers set to 30? I thought the whole distance delay is relative. So if all channels were set to 15ft except one that is set to 17ft the there is no delay between channels that are equal and the 15ft channel signals would delayed by 2ms compared to the 17ft no delay applied (ie. 17 ft max distance would apply to a zero delay)

I could see setting one channel at 30ft and all the others at 1ft and the resulting delay would be 29ms in the 1ft channels. I measured once

Again I would think that the largest distance becomes the reference channel for distance and the reference channel would have a delay of 0ms with all the delays being determined against the reference channel.

I guess to me it just seems backwards that setting all channels at 30ft or 15ft would result in different overall delays with the inputs AV delays set to zero.

When I measured the delay, I disabled all my speakers except for my mains and i measured my right speaker with a mic pointed straight at it 6 inches away. The funny thing is if I did this with a normal setup, i would get an instantaneous feedback loop squeal, but the audio delay acts sort of a feedback destroyer so i was able to measure it very close up. I measured once with the 805 set at 0ft and again set at 30ft which resulted in the 76ms and 47ms values i measured.

I was only concerned with the total audio delay and not any relative delay between each speaker channel, so I made sure to only measure one speaker. I assume that there is no relative delay between speakers if the spkr distances are set accordingly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 385 Old 10-02-2007, 02:16 PM

Sound familiar?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post11641326

Anyone still think the 805 is the only AVR with a AV Sync/latentcy issue.
post #93 of 385 Old 10-07-2007, 05:54 PM

Just like mentioned earlier. I have an Oppo-970 and Tivo S3 going in via HDMI. I just purchased a pioneer 5080 plasma so I've got at least as current as possible components (perhaps save the S3). Watching via the Tivo (Comcast in Seattle via cable card) is the worst. Grey's Anatomy drove me nuts. Like everyone else, I set the delay to 0 but it just improved the problem. It was hard to watch. I don't notice it as much with DVD's. In fact, I enabled the auto lip-sync which increased the delay to 32ms so I did notice a little delay on our DVD's but it was MUCH better then through the Tivo.

I could swear I've seen this before on the Tivo but I can't recall the details. I'm not usually frightened of getting technical with these things but no way I'm going to be able to live with this delay or having some hack setup which may work for one input but not another. I thought life would get easier for me with my 2 inputs all connected via HDMI but now on my Tivo, if I hit the menu, there's some loud click, the video goes off for a second, then the tivo menu comes up. Really annoying. I haven't looked into that one, the sync delay is much more annoying. I hope there's some fix that doesn't involve sending the thing back.
post #94 of 385 Old 10-07-2007, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

no issues:

dish network HD-dvr
onkyo 805 (delay 0ms, lip sync feature on)
panny plasma
panny b) b10a
toshiba a2 hd-dvd

WIDESCREEN WAS MADE FOR FOOTBALL!!
Anxiously waiting for a next gen HD-Rom media format to replace the old spinning disc technology.
Go Dallas Cowboys!!
post #95 of 385 Old 10-12-2007, 02:16 AM

i purchased my onkyo 805 (MIJ)* about two weeks ago. i have comcast and tivo. the tivo is connected to the receiver via HDMI, and the receiver is connected to a PIO Elite plasma via HDMI. i am using KEF XQ6 front speakers, XQ2C center, and XQ1 rear.

the only audio/video delay i detect is when i change tv channels or turn on the system. at that point, the sound is delayed some milliseconds after the picture is seen. i am not sure if this is normal or the problem people have been reporting.

*Made In Japan
post #96 of 385 Old 10-12-2007, 08:12 AM

I am having lip sync problems with my Integra 9.8 pre-amp. I have a Directtv hd dvr hr-10-250 connected to my Integra using HDMI cable. Lip sync is a major problem. When I activate the speakers on the TV at the same time as the sound from the pre-amp there is a major echo. It seams to be worse on 5.1 dolby digital. The audio is lagging behind the video.

I am going to try the speaker distance setting fix and see what happens.

I have sent an email to Integra but so far no response.
post #97 of 385 Old 10-12-2007, 11:45 AM

Liked: 12
i've had my 805 for a 3 days now and have been testing it out heavily to make sure there isn't a lip synch problem. I have noticed a little bit, but believe it is mostly source based since it varies from disk to disk and device to device.

The 805 definitely seems to make any existing problems more noticeable, but for good sources it is fine.

ps3 playing 300 blu-ray was spot on, sounded amazing play both PCM track and truehd track.

toshiba hd-a2 hd-dvd player playing batman begins had varying degrees of lip synch from barely perceptible to unwatchable

sa-8200 cable box hooked up via hdmi shows lip synch issues on some channels but fine others

sa-8200 cable box hooked up via component, upscaled to HDMI and w/ 805 set to 720p -> less noticeable lip synch issues for the problem channels, shows
post #98 of 385 Old 10-13-2007, 09:31 AM

Hi Guys, happy to have found this thread though I don't own a Onkyo 805... but I just got my Onkyo TX-SR 505 two days ago... and I SUFFER FROM THE SAME PROBLEM...

I also experience slight, very slight delays in the audio... it is just not right! The "bad" thing is I have an old-fashioned "good old" 32" 16:9 CRT, which I am still happy with. So there is no digital image processing going on, hence the picture is as fast as it could be. I have my DVD-player directly hooked up to the TV (via SCART-RGB), bypassing the Onkyo. Noticed the delay then yesterday evening the first time... monitored a while to verify there is an issue, then checked the audio delay setting to find out there were set to 20ms for my DVD-Optical-input and to 40ms for my analogue stereo input from/for my laptop. Where did that come from by the way (preset?) ?

OK, I corrected this to 0 ms, but alas, the situation has only improved slightly.

I can still notice a very slight delay, as mentioned it is very slight only, still noticeably... especially if you watch out for it. I would "guess" 20-40 ms, played a little bit with with sync options on the playback-software on the pc, I can make audio play earlier with this.

This receiver is only used for video and music playback, still I noticed the issue! And still I notice it is still there, even though audio delay is set to 0 ms and it is only video material I am watching and listening to (and regular audio, i.e. MP3, CD as well)..

Seems for me like the whole TX-SRXX5 series is affected.

Any sugesstions? I am wondering if I should return the device and get something equivalent (300 Euro price range, I am from Germany), which doesn't has this problem... but how to be sure it is not affected by the same problem before I get another receiver? What about the current or one-generation earlier YAMAHA's? I know they have a lot of DSP's so I am not optimistic.

Still, the Onkyo 505 sounds excellent, Multi-Channel as well as Stereo, even it is budget-range, and I would NOT be happy to return it, but I am not sure if I can get along with this problem.... DAMN...

The problem is I am one of those persons that will probably constantly watch out for sync issues, even it is neglectable... I wished I had checked the audio delay settings directly when setting up the thing, then I would probably have never noticed there is an issue.

When I turn on the TV simultaneosly I notice this echo effect... sometimes more, sometime less, depending on the video material.

Can I learn to accept the problem? I dunno...

Just tried fiddling with the speaker distance setting, but I found the stereo sound to be not half as satisfying previously. Best sound is produced if the realistic values are entered.

When I change the fronts for example to maximum distance, Onkyo automatically adjusts the rest accordingly. But afterwards the sound is not as good as previously....

What do you guys say and what do you recommend? I am not sure myself to be honest...

What about the current YAMAHA budet line... Yamaha RX-V461 especially... anyone knows if that thing has the same problems...

And what do you think quality/performance-wise... better or worse than the ONKYO 505...??

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards,

Goadelic
post #99 of 385 Old 10-13-2007, 04:29 PM

The delay I notice is much worse watching Comcast. Gray's Anatomy seems to have a much longer delay, far more then 40ms. More like 150. So the problem seems at least partially due to the cable signal (or my Tivo S3). Some channels seem worse than others so now I'm just confused.

I haven't yet gone through the Audyssey setup so I intend to do that next. I got ahold of the Onkyo support dept after a long wait on the phone. They were pretty nice but at the time I was at work and could not attempt their steps. The guy seemed to think it may be due to the video upscaling settings. I think mine was on auto. I'll post back on the thread when I find out more, but I believe some of the blame lies with Comcast so I'll go search those threads as well.
post #100 of 385 Old 11-02-2007, 11:02 AM

FYI I own a 304 and when I put on the tv speakers there is a terrible echo, I will be returning this model probably. Glad to know that TNT is notoriously bad ayways. I know I have a low end model, but Why would I ever buy higher end from this brand if I can't get quality from the start. Yes I know I'm a newb. And the problem was in both hi-def and normal def.
post #101 of 385 Old 11-04-2007, 05:52 AM

I've only noticed a lip sync delay on some HD programs. SD, DVD, Wii, Apple TV all seem fine. I've noticed that some HD shows are fine, while others are way off. Just my 2 pennies.
post #102 of 385 Old 11-08-2007, 08:02 PM

Had a Panasonic reciever in one room and the 805 in another - both using DVRs and both tuned to same program on National Geographic HD. The audio on both lagged behind the video, but it was MUCH more prominent on the 805. Have had the unit for 3 months and have always thought there may be an issue with HD channels that were off a bit to start with, but this is the first time I actually did a comparison. So now what?
post #103 of 385 Old 11-08-2007, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyjay2 View Post

So now what?

For me:

"Noticeable Problem - distracting but all in all I'll keep it"

Have an Onkyo 805 receiver and having trouble setting up Audyssey? HERE is a mini how-to.Click HERE to check out my comparison review of 5 different projection screen fabrics.
post #104 of 385 Old 11-08-2007, 09:47 PM

Liked: 11
I just got my Onkyo TX-SR705 and really love it, but tonight my wife and I were watching Grey's Anatomy on our DirecTV HR-20 and holy ****! We were experiencing an audio sync that was no less than 2 whole seconds. If we power cycled the receiver, it got back in sync perfectly (as far as I could tell) but when we skipped the commericals and hit play it was back! Amount of delay was variable from 0 to 2 seconds (sometimes more). We have NEVER experienced audio delays until today (and we've watched a wide variety of programming). As a test, I unplugged the HDMI cable (while Grey's Anatomy was playing with delay) and plugged it directly into the TV and the sync issue was gone! So this is definitely being generated by the Onkyo receiver. I have been able to reproduce this over and over and over again. Power cycling the receiver always fixed it. And Time-shifting in any way on the HR-20 almost always brought a delay.

Now, I'm sure someone will pipe up and say that the power cycling didn't get rid of the 40-60ms delay... I believe there may be two problems here. My issue is way bigger than 40-60ms. I was still listening to the commericals while we were watching a conversation start in Grey's Anatomy. It was rediculous. My issue sounds just like the two quote below...

-Valkyrie-MT
Samsung LN-T5281F (LCD with LED Backlight)
DirecTV HR-20-700
Onkyo TX-SR705S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2e View Post

The delay I notice is much worse watching Comcast. Gray's Anatomy seems to have a much longer delay, far more then 40ms. More like 150. So the problem seems at least partially due to the cable signal (or my Tivo S3). Some channels seem worse than others so now I'm just confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snatch View Post

Good to have found this thread. I too experience a delay, and it varies in length for some reason. I have an HR-20 hooked up HDMI to the tv and optical to the receiver (no particular reason). Sometimes when I am watching something that I recorded, I will get a huuge delay. Upwards of 1 second. To fix it, I pause the show, turn the receiver off and back on, and the delay although still there, is reduced dramatically. No idea what would cause this or why turning it off and on mostly fixes it, but it does. This dramatic delay only happens when watching something recorded, and even then it isn't every time, but it is frequent enough.

The normal delay is usually minor enough, that if I'm not thinking about it, I don't tend to notice. Once the thought creeps in to my head, then I see it everywhere.

post #105 of 385 Old 11-10-2007, 12:56 AM

I haven't measured this scientifically as others have using a mic. When I watch some broadcast TV (such as Greys) the delay is indeed terrible. That said, if I plug directly into the TV, there is still a sync problem just not as bad. I've never seen issues as bad as 2 seconds but the delay is so bad that the program is just plain annoying to view.

I've herd several times that many network programs have audio sync issues. I'll have to try the receiver reboot but I'd feel alot better if I heard Onkyo had a fix.

Ben
post #106 of 385 Old 11-10-2007, 07:01 AM

Liked: 11
I've noticed between this thread and the main 805 thread that a lot of people that purchased the receiver more recently and it was manufactured in maylasia instead of Japan they seem to either not notice it or it's at least undetectible for the majority of sources. Not sure what differences there are between the 2.

- Jon
post #107 of 385 Old 11-10-2007, 04:22 PM

nm
post #108 of 385 Old 11-11-2007, 11:13 AM

My first post here, yeah!

Since 3 weeks ago I'm an Onkyo TX-SR805 owner. It has everything I wanted from a new receiver (I previously owned the SR700). Well almost. I wasn't aware of the audio delay-problem before I purchased it and now it is really bugging me.

I have two sources hooked up to the receiver; a HD-DVD and a HTPC. On the monitor out I have a Panasonic PT-AE900. I experience the audio delay from both sources. The good thing with my setup is that on my HTPC I can add a video delay to compensate for the audio (90ms does it for me). From my HD-DVD it's far from perfect.

After reading a lot of posts here and on other forums I thought, why did Onkyo put in an A/V sync feature to delay the audio further and not a feature to delay the video? According to the manual the video could get delay because of lot of processing in the displays etc. Then I thought, how can I make the display process the video more? The answer I thought of was to feed the display with the highest resolution possible, in my case 1080i instead of 720p which is the native resolution of my projector. When increasing the resolution on my HD-DVD the audio delay was actually minimized, but still there. Too bad I can't feed the projector with 1080p from my HD-DVD (Tosh HD-E1). I haven't tested increasing the resolution from the HTPC.

I e-mailed Onkyo Europe and asked if the audio delay has to do with the cascading DSPs and they answered:
Quote:

You have reached the support/help desk for ONKYO Europe. For the great sound performance in 7.1 constellation the receiver needs this kind of "DSP" structure. Regarding to our experience even in this constellation, the audio signal is still faster the the video signal, if the ONKYO receiver is used as a video switcher. If you connect your video signal direct to the screen the audio signal might be delay.

What they describe seems reasonable, but sadly not true for me. I have replied and told them that I am using the receiver as a video switcher and I still get the delays. I'm still waiting for an answer.

I know some say the 875 and 905 have the same problem, but is that only when you pass-through the video? If you add processing to the video, ie upscaling or deinterlacing. Will the A/V then be back in sync?

Since I have only a 720p display I believe the sync problem could be more apparent for me than people with 1080p displays. Maybe that's why not everyone notices this problem.

What's your thought?

--cimarron--

--cimarron--
post #109 of 385 Old 11-11-2007, 11:56 AM

You should probably return the 805 when you still can if it is bothering you. You will run into a delay problem with any Onkyo model that is 705 or above.

The 875 and 905, when used with its video processing abililties, might also suffer from a video delay as well, but this video delay is not adjustable and will hamper the ability to play video games through the receiver if you do wish to do so. Since the video delay is non adjustable on these, there is no guarantee that you will not experience the same a/v sync problem.

I have not notice any differences between 720p and 1080p as far as delay goes. The 805 has simply an HDMI passthrough that does not go through any video processing, so the video delay will be little to none.
post #110 of 385 Old 11-11-2007, 12:09 PM

Thanks for answering, MonkeyGoD.

I've read some of your posts before. What did you finally do? Did you return your 805?

--cimarron--
post #111 of 385 Old 11-11-2007, 01:02 PM

This to me seems like a major problem. I would turn off a movie in 2 minutes if I had to deal with an audio delay. I was about to buy the Onkyo today but I am now waiting. I really want the 805 but this seems to be a huge problem. ALmost everyhting I will watch will be Tivo'd since I m not at home when my favorite shows air.
People have mentioned firmware many times but I have yet to hear about anyone implementing it. Is there a firmware update for this? How do you get the firmware installed?
post #112 of 385 Old 11-11-2007, 01:22 PM

You can always hope a firmware update would fix this, but I don't see how. It would involve a delay of the video which requires a memory for holding the image back.

I believe a firmware update is being applied by CD and setting the receiver in firmware update mode. I read that somewhere...

--cimarron--
post #113 of 385 Old 11-11-2007, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
I think the application of firmware is an issue with all but the 905 receiver. The issue is cost and time to get a new firmware version applied as Onkyo only permits these be done at a service facility.

If you are able to talk them into allowing you to upgrade your own firmware, I believe they demand a waiver be signed that voids your warranty. In essence, you're doing this at your own risk. End up with a brick and it's your problem.

In most cases, firmware upgrades mean disconnecting everything, packing it up and shipping it to the service facility for the job.

Shipping costs on an 805 would not be cheap.

I don't think Onkyo was thinking of continuous firmware upgrades when they designed these.
post #114 of 385 Old 11-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
After reading this depressing discussion, I am having second thoughts about purchasing an 805 or 905 at this time. - Perhaps they will have a work-around of the synch problem in coming months. I have two questions:

For those of you who have tried increasing the speaker distance, are you now satisfied with the results? Is the change one in which you add a fixed number (such as 15 feet) to all the channels?

If, as the Onkyo techies seem to be saying, the problem arises from the fact that they have to use multiple, cascaded DSPs, does this mean that the audio signal may be distorted by such circuitry? In other words, is distortion (though slight) from the first DSP added to distortion from the second, and then to that from the third? I ask the question because audio quality for the overall system is of some importance to me.

Jim
post #115 of 385 Old 11-11-2007, 06:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Guys, this lip sync thing is being GROSSLY overworked. If you set the speakers distances to their max values (see early posts for the details of this), any minor lip sync is almost totally eliminated. It is totally a non-issue, from someone who's had an 805 for several months now (sources are Comcast DCT 3416 and a Sammy BR 1200).
post #116 of 385 Old 11-12-2007, 12:57 AM

I have lived with my 805 for about 4 months and have decided to keep it based on its performance. The lip sync is a big issue for me, but not enough to outweigh the positives.

However, unlike most people on this thread, this is a non-issue for me for video and tv since I do not notice any delay after maximizing my speaker distances in the setings. The big issue for me is when playing certain games such as Guitar Hero becuase it actually hampers the gameplay. Also I want to eventually use my receiver for karaoke as well, which is also severly hampered by the delay.

To solve this lipsync problem *completely*, I've decided to invest in an external DD/DTS decoder such as the one released by Technics, or if I am lucky enough, find a Creative DDTS-100 at a reasonable price. I will then plug my xbox360 and PS3 to this external decoder which is hooked directly to the MultiCh analog inputs on the Onkyo. This will (in theory) completely eliminate the lipsync problem, but you do lose all the audio processing power of the Onkyo 805 if you go this route. In this way, the Onkyo will only act as a dummy amplifier.
post #117 of 385 Old 11-12-2007, 06:42 AM

This doesn't seem right. You spend a lot of money for a ferrari but plan to use a pinto to tow it around town? What's the point then? Couldn't someone just spend that money on a great amp and a cheap reciever just to split the audio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyGoD View Post

I have lived with my 805 for about 4 months and have decided to keep it based on its performance. The lip sync is a big issue for me, but not enough to outweigh the positives.

However, unlike most people on this thread, this is a non-issue for me for video and tv since I do not notice any delay after maximizing my speaker distances in the setings. The big issue for me is when playing certain games such as Guitar Hero becuase it actually hampers the gameplay. Also I want to eventually use my receiver for karaoke as well, which is also severly hampered by the delay.

To solve this lipsync problem *completely*, I've decided to invest in an external DD/DTS decoder such as the one released by Technics, or if I am lucky enough, find a Creative DDTS-100 at a reasonable price. I will then plug my xbox360 and PS3 to this external decoder which is hooked directly to the MultiCh analog inputs on the Onkyo. This will (in theory) completely eliminate the lipsync problem, but you do lose all the audio processing power of the Onkyo 805 if you go this route. In this way, the Onkyo will only act as a dummy amplifier.

post #118 of 385 Old 11-12-2007, 09:41 AM

Off-topic: Here's an excerpt from www.avforums.com how to update the firmware on the Onkyo TX-SR605.

Quote:

Onkyo TX-SR605 Firmware Update

September 20 2007: It has recently come to Onkyo's attention that there is a minor error in Firmware on a limited number of the first batch of TX-SR605's
This Firmware error does not impede the working or performance of the unit in any way but, in the future, may cause a playback issue for some owners.
Because of the Firmware error a small number of units may have difficulty decoding Dolby True HD Bitstreams correctly. There is currently no source hardware on the market capable of generating a Dolby True HD Bitstream for the TX-SR605 to decode but there will be in the near future.
For those owners who have no intention of using HD-DVD or Blue-Ray this issue will be irrelevant but owners who are keen to enjoy the new HD audio formats (when suitable source hardware arrives) will need to apply a simple Firmware update to their receivers.
No other models in the 2007 Onkyo range are affected and all TX-SR605s currently with UK retailers have already been updated.
TX-SR605 owners who wish to establish whether their receiver needs a Firmware update should go to www.onkyo.co.uk where they'll find a serial number checker.

HOW TO UPDATE THE TX-SR605
The Firmware update only takes 16 seconds to do and is carried out using a disc (which we will supply) and a CD player equipped with a digital optical output. There are three different ways of implementing the update:-
A] If you own a suitable CD player we can ship out a CD with instructions to you, so that you can update the receiver yourself (remember it only takes 16 seconds). Alternatively it can be sent via email (please email onkyo@onkyo.co.uk with 605 update disc' in the subject line AND PLEASE INCLUDE YOR SERIAL NUMBER ) and burnt/finalised as an audio CD on a CD-R disc.
Here's what you do
1) Connect the CD-Player's optical digital output to Optical Input 1 of the TX-SR605
2) Select «CD» at the receiver and change the input to Optical 1 by pushing the button marked « Digital Input »
3) Switch the receiver into Firmware writing' mode:
a) Push «Standby » key while holding «Display » key
b) Push «Tone +»key several times until you see « DSPSR605:XXXXX »
c) Now push « CD ». In the display you will see the message: S/PDIF UPDATE
4) Now start the CD Player. After 15 sec the display will change to WRITING. If the display does not show WRITING, play the CD again.
NOTE: The vast majority of CD players with optical output will work fine but some players modify the data held on the disc so may not work correctly. In that case please try another CD player. If that's not possible please use Update options B] or C].
5) When writing is finished «Clear »will come up at the display and the receiver will automatically switch to Standby mode.
6) Check the device to establish if it is outputting sound. Select either a digital or analogue input signal in combination with a DSP mode.
You can confirm that the DSP Firmware version has changed by:-
1. Pushing «Standby » key while holding «Display » key
2. Push «Tone +» key several times until you see « DSPSR605:XXXXX ». It should now read « 07727A ». Push « Standby » to leave this mode
3. Note - if the Firmware version number is not displayed and you see « ?????? » on the display you will first need to reset the receiver by pressing « VCR/DVR » + «Standby »
B] If you can't or don't wish to update the receiver yourself you can contact the dealer that you purchased it from and let them carry out the update for you (you will have to take it in to the store).
C] Onkyo will collect it from a pre-arranged address, update the Firmware for you and then return it to you. Bear in mind that because the receiver will have to be shipped to and from Onkyo you may be without use of your receiver for a period of time.
I suspect that most TX-SR605 owners on the forums will take option A] because of the speed of implementation and ease of installation but the choice is theirs.
Unfortunately owners who have purchased their products outside of the UK will have to contact their overseas supplier to make arrangements.
ONKYO UK

On-topic
Quote:

If, as the Onkyo techies seem to be saying, the problem arises from the fact that they have to use multiple, cascaded DSPs, does this mean that the audio signal may be distorted by such circuitry? In other words, is distortion (though slight) from the first DSP added to distortion from the second, and then to that from the third? I ask the question because audio quality for the overall system is of some importance to me.

The receiver sounds really good and there are no distortions. Clean and detailed sound, and that's why I will be keeping it.

Currently I watch most movies from my HTPC (85%) and since I can delay the video on the HTPC it's no problem for me a the moment. I will try and maximize the speaker distance and see what happens from my HD-DVD.

--cimarron--
post #119 of 385 Old 11-12-2007, 11:02 AM

I don't believe firmware can fix this issue. The problem is with the DSPs. they have a built in delay and that cannot be fixed without re-engineering.
post #120 of 385 Old 11-12-2007, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteele View Post

I don't believe firmware can fix this issue. The problem is with the DSPs. they have a built in delay and that cannot be fixed without re-engineering.

That's not necessarily true. The DSPs are highly programmable, and have variable latencies dependent on pipeline lengths and filter taps, etc. The overall delay is constant, but can be a function of the firmware load. That said, I'd be surprised if any firmware change could wring even 10ms off the current total latency.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page