I need some help installing the DSP update.
I had no problem doing the FW update (1.07) and I thought doing the DSP would be even easier, but unfortunately I cannot seem to get the 875 to respond to the CD.
I will list the things I have done and maybe you can find something incorect in my procedure:
1) I burned a CD using Roxio on the DVD player of my computer tried both CD-R, CD-RW
2) I connected a DVD player which plays both CD-R, CD-RW
3) I changed the CD input to reflect Opt-1
4) I listened to a regular CD via the 875 prior to tring the Update disc to ensure it could play the CD
5) I turned on the 875, hit display/standby, Tuning up, return,
6) Got the SPDIF Update...... - screen
7) Hit play on the DVD
8) No response from the 875
9) Tried again without changing the OPT-1
10) Tried again........
I am back at factory defaults so the system works with the original DSP's.
What am I doing wrong???