Need some advice on the onkyo 875 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-24-2007, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HI...Here's the deal..I have a new Samsung FTP6374 and have a 7.1 speaker set up in my new house...I was planning on getting the Onkyo 875 to run all my devices(STB,dvd,etc) but am thinking for the money, should it be better to just get say the toshiba xa2 and output directly to the tv and get a good 7.1 receiver like a yamaha or pioneer to do the 7.1 sound via a digital coax or optical cable or would you guys advise to use the onkyo 875 for everything? I know my question is kind of vague but I am late for work so I hope I can get some good input..Later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-24-2007, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I would pose this question in the 875 thread or the onkyo anticipation thread.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-24-2007, 02:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandborn View Post

HI...Here's the deal..I have a new Samsung FTP6374 and have a 7.1 speaker set up in my new house...I was planning on getting the Onkyo 875 to run all my devices(STB,dvd,etc) but am thinking for the money, should it be better to just get say the toshiba xa2 and output directly to the tv and get a good 7.1 receiver like a yamaha or pioneer to do the 7.1 sound via a digital coax or optical cable or would you guys advise to use the onkyo 875 for everything? I know my question is kind of vague but I am late for work so I hope I can get some good input..Later

You'll miss hi def audio from the Tosh with digital optical/coax connections. If you want to get that, I think the Onkyo would be a good choice.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-25-2007, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill View Post

You'll miss hi def audio from the Tosh with digital optical/coax connections. If you want to get that, I think the Onkyo would be a good choice.

Hey thanks for th responses...So let me ask this...If I bought say the xa2 and went via hdmi straight to the tv....I would assume th picture quality would look amazing....But since I want 7.1 from my speakers, I would mute the tv speakers and just hook up a cable to my receiver say the 875...So not using an hdmi cable into the receiver would not yield HD audio? I would like to use my 7.1 speakers for all my applications....And would like to hear different comments on the best ways to impliment 7.1 with my set up...
post #5 of 5 Old 07-25-2007, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 36
High Def Audio should be sent via HDMI to your receiver, which will process the High Def audio and pass the HD Video signal through to your Display.

Digital/Optical only has enough bandwidth capablity for lossy compressed DD or DTS 5.1 audio tracks, not LPCM or TrueHD high def audio from HD DVD's.

HD DVD Player -> HDMI -> AVR -> HDMI -> Display

With the XA2, another option would be to use the multi channel analogue outputs for audio,but thats a lot more cables to route than a single HDMI.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

...When a Kuro plasma still isnt enough, make your movie Experience Larger than Life with a Projector!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page